ADVERTISEMENT

RU Shows Some Life

rufan0027

Redshirt
Oct 23, 2016
I am a longtime Rutgers fan since 1984 this program is struggling say the lease but i do like & think coach Ash will be able to turn this program around. I do think Rutgers should have stayed in the American Conference however. The American Conference still has some good quality teams & Rutgers talent & football overall fits the American Conference. I mean i can't blame Rutgers & Rutgers fans for wanting to be apart of the Big & see some of the best & entertaining schools in the country but Rutgers will never be more then at best middle of a pack Big team. Its not bashing Rutgers just the likes of Ohio St & Michigan & Wisconsin & Penn St is just way to much talent. I think if Rutgers could ever keep just about 95% of the Jersey kids in state then Rutgers has a chance to be one of the better schools in the Big. I personally don't think Rutgers will ever be able to do that but it would be nice. I do like the change in QB it had to be done Laviano was awful & can't give him all the blame the guy can't run at all & in the spread read offence you need a QB that can not just scramble but can run the ball a bit downfield. I will always back Rutgers & better times are coming Ash will get this team back to winning season & Bowl wins but some Rutgers fans gotta relax & maybe get a reality check this team is not going to be in the top 10 or in the running for National Championship some winning seasons & Bowl Games & maybe being able to beat some of the big schools every year would be awesome. Lets Go Ru !!!

B1G football drives the bus...But there's a lot more seats on it than just football...Getting into the B1G was the best thing to ever happen to Rutgers....Both athletically, and academically!! The payoff is long term..not short term...

I respect your opinion on conference alignment. However, I think joining the Big 10 is phenomenol for us. Long term revenue from athletics will be way up and profile of the school is rising-even with the big losses. "If you build it, he will come."

Right, Stay in the AAC. Why? So we can be competitive week in and week out and go to sh#t Bowls in a Conference that don't know how long it will even exist! If and when that Conference does break up, what Conference do you scramble to go to then. We are home now and I love it! No where to go but up!!! And by the way we out gained Iowa and Illinois in total yardage and came up about 20 yards short yesterday in Minnesota. So, I would say we are doing O.K. In a couple of years, you win these games.

Last edited:
If we didn't go to big ten would not have stayed in the American. We should have then packed up shop and went back to FCS.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I do think Rutgers should have stayed in the American Conference however.

Please turn in your rutgers fan card, change your screen name badmidtonfan0027 and re-examine every major (and minor) decision in your life. Also you may want to look up the definition of "think" because I can not fathom how you arrived at the conclusion that you did through any process I know of that would be called "Thinking."

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
Do posts get any more dopey than Op's? Get real, we are in the premier sports conference and academic conference in the nation. How obtuse can one be!

If we didn't go to big ten would not have stayed in the American. We should have then packed up shop and went back to FCS.
Exactly. It was one of 2 options for RU...join the B1G with our peer land grant major public colleges, or drop down to the Patriot League and be reacquainted with our old rivals in Princeton, Lehigh, Lafayette, Penn. We never would've stayed in the Franken-Conference known as the AAC.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
Mr Gruninger,
We never joined the AAC. The AAC was created after we announced our intention to leave the Big East. It is a mishmash of schools hastily put together that have no tradition playing each other and that are trying to get out. 11 of the 12 members presented during the Big 12 expansion charade.

The AAC was never a viable alternative for Rutgers.

This refrain is similar to the one heard when we joined the Big East. I remember the lament for leaving the Princeton's and Lafayette's behind. The OP is merely trolling us.

ADVERTISEMENT