ADVERTISEMENT

RU Softball vs App St: Friday 1pm, NISC Tourney :

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
Post season play for RU Softball start this morning at 10am, on the campus of Liberty U, the host for this region. Winner of this game will play Liberty later today at 4pm. This is a Double Elimination Tournament.

Opponent App St is 13-13 in the Sunbelt Conference, 31-23 overall.

Full story with links to follow the game:

https://scarletknights.com/news/2019/5/8/softball-nisc.aspx

RU Softball knocks off App St 2-1, on a HOME RUN by freshman phenom Katie Wingert, followed by an RBI by Marra.
RU will face the Liberty Flames later today at 4pm.

All games on ESPN + (there is a free week trial), also can be followed on Live Stats:

Reactions: RUTrack94
Lost to Liberty 1-0. Still a real nice season for new coach & team. Good things to come.

Lost to Liberty 1-0. Still a real nice season for new coach & team. Good things to come.

This is a double elimination tournament, so they keep playing til they lose or win the whole tournament.

“The Scarlet Knights will take on Marshall on Friday, May 17 at 1 p.m. at Liberty's Kamphuis Field for the chance to stay alive in the double-elimination postseason tournament. The winner of that game will move on to face the winner of Appalachian State and the loser of tonight's George Washington-Kent State game at 7 p.m. on Friday.”

“The Scarlet Knights will take on Marshall on Friday, May 17 at 1 p.m. at Liberty's Kamphuis Field for the chance to stay alive in the double-elimination postseason tournament. The winner of that game will move on to face the winner of Appalachian State and the loser of tonight's George Washington-Kent State game at 7 p.m. on Friday.”

GW won, so Rutgers would need to beat Marshall and then GW to advance to Saturday, where they would need to win 3 games to win the region. The Marshall game starts in just a few minutes.

ru about to be shutout again...down 4-0 in the top of the 6th....why can't we ever get a run in a tourny...we should be better than marshall.liberty, and gw
give a big thumbs up to coach butler, and team this season...recruiting is the name of the game, and of course decent facilities...still scoring 2 runs in three
games ,with a chance for a thirty victory season...still reminds me of the same old rutgers.

RU loses 4-0. Pretty lackluster performance , not sure they even wanted to be there. Season now over.

Shutout 2x stinks a bit, but hey ... winning record and a tourney win!

Reactions: LC-88
Can't win if you can't score. 2 runs in three games is pretty poor.

ru about to be shutout again...down 4-0 in the top of the 6th....why can't we ever get a run in a tourny...we should be better than marshall.liberty, and gw
give a big thumbs up to coach butler, and team this season...recruiting is the name of the game, and of course decent facilities...still scoring 2 runs in three
games ,with a chance for a thirty victory season...still reminds me of the same old rutgers.
Same old Rutgers would be a record like we had last season. We have a real coaching staff in place now with a strong recruiting class coming in.

Reactions: rutpsychward
Same old Rutgers would be a record like we had last season. We have a real coaching staff in place now with a strong recruiting class coming in.
listen...i realize this a new regime, and see a big change coming...what i meant was ru's history of going out with a whisper..ladies hoops, mens hoops
baseball...i mean we needed to win two games to make the big tourney, and
of course i could have predicted the outcome...as far as softball goes. 10 more wins than last year, and higher place in the conference. is progress for sure. ....i have been following ru athletics for over 43 yrs...and just one time would love to be shocked by a team that finishes with maybe getting to a conf,
semi-final,,,,getting hot and firing on all cylinders....the ladies had a great season...i just expected them to go further in this tourney... their was no ranked teams, and for some reason didn't hit very well...if this was against ucla, fla.st.
i could understand...maybe, i underestimated this region...it would have been nice to have won a 30th game.....maybe next year

listen...i realize this a new regime, and see a big change coming...what i meant was ru's history of going out with a whisper..ladies hoops, mens hoops
baseball...i mean we needed to win two games to make the big tourney, and
of course i could have predicted the outcome...as far as softball goes. 10 more wins than last year, and higher place in the conference. is progress for sure. ....i have been following ru athletics for over 43 yrs...and just one time would love to be shocked by a team that finishes with maybe getting to a conf,
semi-final,,,,getting hot and firing on all cylinders....the ladies had a great season...i just expected them to go further in this tourney... their was no ranked teams, and for some reason didn't hit very well...if this was against ucla, fla.st.
i could understand...maybe, i underestimated this region...it would have been nice to have won a 30th game.....maybe next year

Wrestling came through w 2 National Champs!

ADVERTISEMENT