ADVERTISEMENT

RU Tournament Lock with win Saturday

We finished 4th in the B1G last year and our reward was a play in game. We have to give away a home game this year…
Don’t trust B1G. Don’t trust the Committee… so just keep winning.
Yup - don't be satisfied with making it. 4/5 seed or better!

Reactions: RUNYCB1G
We finished 4th in the B1G last year and our reward was a play in game. We have to give away a home game this year…
"don't trust the B1G?" Huh? And isn't our NET rating going to be a lot better this year? And didn't Iowa handle us quite easily in our only B1G tourney game last year?

Reactions: Local Shill
That has everything to do with kenpom and other analytics rankings. We were outside the normal range and worked our way into the tourney by going on a crazy run of beating several ranked teams. This year, we started inside the party with a pre-party invite. BIG DIFFERENCE. You can't leave that out because it doesn't fit the argument. 🤣🤣

Why do people foolishly throw the word "lock" around? "Lock" means you can lose every game the rest of the year and still get in. Stop the nonsense. RU needs to keep collecting wins.

Word

Op is foolish...16-15/8-12 doesn't get RU in the tourney

A win is extremely important though in guiding a less stressful path to getting in

Maybe LIKELY is the better choice of words here

Last edited:
Personally think we need 3 wins to be a lock. 2 of which need to be Nebraska and Minnesota. Mix in any other win gets us in. Now I do think we need 4 or 5 wins to be off the immediate bubble.

Word

A win is extremely important though in guiding a less stressful path to getting in
If we beat Sparty on Saturday we would be 8-4 in the B1G with 8 games left. On paper we should finish no worse than 5-3 in the last 8 (possible/likely losses to Indiana/Illinois on the road and splitting road games with Wisconsin and PSU). Do that and we should be in line for a 5 or high 6 seed.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
"don't trust the B1G?" Huh? And isn't our NET rating going to be a lot better this year? And didn't Iowa handle us quite easily in our only B1G tourney game last year?
Don't you remember when the B1G league office kidnapped Pike's family last year and said "you better lose to DePaul, Lafayette, and UMass or else"

• Haha
Reactions: MiloTalon13
Don't you remember when the B1G league office kidnapped Pike's family last year and said "you better lose to DePaul, Lafayette, and UMass or else"
Or the first unranked team to beat four ranked teams in a row? Or did you forget we were in the Top 4? Or the win over #1 Purdue. Short memories.

GRF Magic Number is 5. Let's talk when the Magic Number is 0.

We are approaching a 8 day period where we will have 3 really close to 50/50 games. If we get 2 almost all of the heavy lifting is done.

Every school not named Purdue in the B1G has had periods' where you wouldn't think they are NCAA material. I always a fear a rough patch is always a possibility. Add to the fact we don't have a bench.

Let's get to 20

Or the first unranked team to beat four ranked teams in a row? Or did you forget we were in the Top 4? Or the win over #1 Purdue. Short memories.
Well yeah, that’s why we made the tournament despite all the other stuff.

Word

Maybe LIKELY is the better choice of words here
Lol how ridiculous. Yes, we will LOSE every game here out with statistically easiest BIG schedule rest of way. Patently absurd! Let's lock this motha Saturday boys

I agree 100%. This is a huge swing game to elevate our season. Alot of winnable games still on the schedule. MSU and RU are pretty evenly matched. I can see this game going down to the wire.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
We were in the play in game and underseeded.
I don't really agree (that it was undeserved.. obviously I agree that we were there) but there are different philosophies to this stuff.

Last year's team could be both really good and really bad and that's hard to seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT