ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Illinois 2/20/21 Game thread

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
High noon @ The RAC. Hopefully, everyone gets some good minutes in. Of note, game is on B1G TV, not BTN+.

Tyia came out injured in 1st couple of minutes. Hope nothing serious. RU up 16-10.

She has had a bunch of frosh in already. They haven't even been playing RU ball yet. End of half 41-22.

Meant entire line-up at same time. Give Guirantes/Mack/Singleton/Gilles rest.

Thirty-point lead. Plenty of cushion for the upperclass(wo)men to cheer from the bench.

Twenty-nine point win! WOW! I realize it's Illinois, but still WOW!

Crazy stat, we were 4-4 from charity stripe, and Ili was 19-24? Think about that for a moment.
The starters who played 137 minutes combined did not even ATTEMPT a single free throw. Don't think I ever saw that before at any level of basketball, men or women. Is that a first?

Illinois is not in the same league as RU and I actually think this was the least sharp RU's looked since the "break," but the team played well nonetheless. Even though Tyia didn't make her mid-range shots today I think they are good shots for her to take.

Big news from the broadcast was that Coach Eatman apparently said Zippy *could* be cleared for next week--thought cleared for what was unclear--running/praticing/playing.

Illinois is not in the same league as RU and I actually think this was the least sharp RU's looked since the "break," but the team played well nonetheless. Even though Tyia didn't make her mid-range shots today I think they are good shots for her to take.

Big news from the broadcast was that Coach Eatman apparently said Zippy *could* be cleared for next week--thought cleared for what was unclear--running/praticing/playing.
I thought I heard them say cleared for running

ADVERTISEMENT