ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Maryland Predictions

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
First B1G match of the year, and glad it's a pushover in the Terps to give us some confidence. Only questions are will Aragona and Grello wrestle or will Goodale save them until the Scuffle. Regardless, RU on paper should win the dual comfortably.

125 Aguilar Win, RU 3-0
133 Alvarez Win, RU 6-0
141 Aragona Win, RU 9-0
149 Angelo Win, RU 12-0
157 MVB Loss, RU 12-3
165 Turley Win, RU 15-3
174 Scott Loss, RU 15-6
184 Janzer Win, RU 18-6
197 Pagano Win, RU 21-6
HVY Colucci MD, RU 25-6

Reactions: MS-RU
125: Aguilar - Win by MD (RU 4-0)
133: Alvarez - Win by dec (RU 7-0)
141: Aragona - Win by dec (RU 10-0)
149: Angelo - Win by dec (RU 13-0)
157: MVB - Loss by dec (RU 13-3)
165: Turley - Loss by dec (RU 13-6)
174: Grello - Loss by dec (RU 13-9)
184: Janzer - Win by dec (RU 16-9)
197: Pagano - Win by dec (RU 19-9)
285: Colucci - Win by by MD (RU 23-9)

MD is solid at 133 and 157 through 174

Their 174 guy, Philip Spadafora, is ranked #16 by Flo and is wrestling very well right now. He beat #18 Ben Harvey (Army) and his only 2 losses are to #1 Mark Hall & #20 Connor Flynn. He has faced some some good competition this year and I'm not sure what to expect from Grello given he hasn't wrestled officially in over a month and it wasn't against good competition to begin with so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if Grello lost at this point in the season.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I hope there is an Open Tournament before the Southern Scuffle to give our Redshirts a place to compete. After a busy first few weeks, the schedule has slowed down. After this Saturday nothing til Jan. 1. That's only 1 Dual between the Navy Classic in Nov and Southern Scuffle Jan 1.

I hope there is an Open Tournament before the Southern Scuffle to give our Redshirts a place to compete. After a busy first few weeks, the schedule has slowed down. After this Saturday nothing til Jan. 1. That's only 1 Dual between the Navy Classic in Nov and Southern Scuffle Jan 1.

I was curious about this scheduling at first but with how young the team is it actually makes sense to me. It allows the young guys to get adjusted to college life and make gains/build confidence in a college wrestling room and strength and conditioning program without too much travel. It’s interesting that a guy like Aguilar already has wrestled 10 matches and didn’t wrestle in the opening quad or one of the matches in California.

Agreed.

Last year we sent a handful of guys to the Patriot Open at George Mason and Wilkes Open in December so hopefully they will be doing the same tournaments again.

The Patriot Open is this weekend so it would obviously only be a few guys like red-shirts, backups, etc but the registration ends tomorrow so we'll find out soon enough since no one is currently registered.

Agreed.

Last year we sent a handful of guys to the Patriot Open at George Mason and Wilkes Open in December so hopefully they will be doing the same tournaments again.

The Patriot Open is this weekend so it would obviously only be a few guys like red-shirts, backups, etc but the registration ends tomorrow so we'll find out soon enough since no one is currently registered.
We have a few guys registered for the Patriot Open at George Mason.

133 - Malcolm Robinson
141 - Andrew Gapas
157 - Cody Harrison
197 - Kyle Lightner
285 - Alex Esposito

Last edited:
We have a few guys registered for the Patriot Open at George Mason.

133 - Malcolm Robinson
141 - Andrew Gapas
157 - Cody Harrison
197 - Kyle Lightner
285 - Alex Esposito

Thanks, I must have missed them somehow. I'm surprised we aren't seeing Kanniard or Britton wrestling more in these types of tournaments. I wonder if they are injured.

Happy to see Harrison getting his first action of the season as well.

You going to Maryland match ?

You going to Maryland match ?

Not sure yet, why , you going to buy me a beer ? lol, just kidding. Thanks for asking.
Wish it was in the early afternoon. I hate missing all the great football games on tomorrow , Georgia vs Florida at 4 and Ohio St vs Wisc at 8. If I stay home i can watch both our wrestling match on the laptop and Football on the TV. Plus, I don't think the Terps win more than 1 match, maybe 2. although the Grello - Spadafora match is a very good feature bout. I was at the Quad and had a good time, and plan on getting to most, if not all the matches, once January rolls around. Will probably drive to Princeton and Rider as well. Cornell should be the best home match of the year (not counting Big10 Tourney at RAC).

PS- heard from wngarbarini, bill, he was having log in issues. Bill, hope you read this and got your issues logging in and posting here, straightened out, and that your wife is doing better. But I haven't seen you post recently and fear you don't have it fixed yet. If still having a problem, email me again, and I will try to reach one of the moderators here to help you.

Abro
I know the user and password from Rivsls so when I get a free moment away from the rehab center with my wife will log in.

Reactions: Abro1975
Wonder if that annoying Terps fan, Robin something, will be at the RAC.
It almost seems like there was much less of him last season.

I do know for a fact that he's not been a fan of wrestling for many years, so perhaps he was a product of the bandwagon effect and has exited the arena after Maryland started pulling up the rear? We can only hope.

Metzlar now entered at 133. Not sure if Robinson will be there or at the RU Dual tomorrow, official press release has Robinson as a possibility for the Dual.

I hate missing all the great football games on tomorrow , Georgia vs Florida at 4 and Ohio St vs Wisc at 8. If I stay home i can watch both our wrestling match on the laptop and Football on the TV.
We'll be watching both.:cool2: We sit in the 200 section right behind the guy who does the sound or something. He always has football games on the TV. We've been asked if we want to move closer but everyone in our season ticket group likes that we have an unobstructed view, center mat, plus we have the wall to put drinks and food on. With nothing coming for 6 weeks after this, we'll be there.

Devon Britton now entered at 133 in the Patriot Open
Jake Benner now entered at 149

Reactions: MS-RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT