ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Michigan game thread 2/24/21 3pm

Michigan State, not Michigan.

This is a game we need to win if we truly are a top 25 squad.

Yeah, Guirantes looks really off to this point, forcing shots that aren't there.

But that didn't look like a charge to me. She was in the motion of going up for her shot as the defender slid in.

Reactions: Esipos1 and TRU2RU
And that did not look like a travel. Are the refs in the women's games usually like this? That was a nice Euro step layup by Diamond.

Can someone rewind that to see how much time was left on the clock when Mack released her shot, and compare it to the amount of time the clock was stopped? Looked like she let it go around the 2 second mark. Was it really paused that long?

Basket made, 1.1 on clock, basket taken away cause clock expired?

If the clock paused, don’t we go back to time of stoppage and replay final seconds. You play to the clock on the floor.

I'm sorry.. But rebound to shot did NOT take 5.1 seconds.. They screwed us

I do think giving us the ball with 5.1 would be more fair... But if anyone has this recorded.. Put a stopwatch on rebound/clock stoppage and the shot.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
55798ca663c70b36fa277289452deb75.jpg

Ball went through net at 1.1 seconds but when did she release the shot? This isn't hockey. If she released at 2.0 seconds and it was paused for 1.8, bucket good, foul counts, no time on the clock. Shoot one FT and go to the locker rooms.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Ball went in at 1.1 BUT shot released at about 1.5. No way to tell if it would have been late.

Ball went through net at 1.1 seconds but when did she release the shot? This isn't hockey. If she released at 2.0 seconds and it was paused for 1.8, bucket good, foul counts, no time on the clock. Shoot one FT and go to the locker rooms.
Which is exactly how it went down. Kinda surprised that CVS/Eatman didn't make a stink.

This could be protested...I do not believe this is the correct interpretation of the rule...the correct interpretation should be Rutgers ball at the time of the malfunction so 5.1 seconds...
Agree, has to be wrong call. Imagine you’re in half court offense w time expiring. You follow the clock and score w 1.1 left. But at eight seconds remaining then paused for two seconds. You can’t penalize the scoring team!

You would think we could still push them to change that decision over the half. It's not like we would be delaying action. Come out of locker room, shoot the FT, then start the 2nd half. But I bet it won't be raised again until after the game is over, and even then it won't come up if we win.

Reactions: gigantor1024
Can you imagine if this happened at the end of the game and the score was tied or RU was trailing by 1, 2 or 3 pts? It would be among the biggest sports stories of the day!

It doesn’t matter when the ball went through. If the clock in the arena is incorrect then it affects when the sho

Are you kidding me? Home team timekeeper allowed to blatantly cheat visiting team.... If the rule was enforced properly by the refs then something is really wrong with this rule.

It appears that the clock was incorrectly stopped for over 2 seconds... Regardless, Mack's shot selection would have obviously been different if she saw less time on the clock. This call was baloney.

You would think we could still push them to change that decision over the half. It's not like we would be delaying action. Come out of locker room, shoot the FT, then start the 2nd half. But I bet it won't be raised again until after the game is over, and even then it won't come up if we win.
I guarantee you Coach was thinking about the Tennessee game when the official told her.
Regardless, she knows not to bite the hand that feeds her.
Also for the sake of the team and game
better to not get a technical.
Focused on the team at the half and look at this run.

I guarantee you Coach was thinking about the Tennessee game when the official told her.
Regardless, she knows not to bite the hand that feeds her.
Also for the sake of the team and game
better to not get a technical.
Focused on the team at the half and look at this run.
I will say it again get Singleton out of there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT