ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Nebraska: An excellent 31 min from the team

sammybb

All Conference
Jul 25, 2001
After the first 3min of the game, RU was down 11-2. With 6:30 left in the game, RU was up by 15. So the middle 31min of the game, RU outscored Nebraska 57-33.

The last 6.5min were ugly, with RU getting a tad lackadaisical, and more bizarrely, very good FT shooters missing a ton of FTs.

If you had told me before the game that RU would shoot 9-22 from the FT line and Nebraska would shoot 12-24 from 3-pt range, I would have thought we would get crushed. But RU dominated the inside, and minus about 7 min of play, dominated defensively. And the team had only 6 turnovers all game, which is exceptional.

KK Sanders had best game statistically with 17pts 6 assists (to just 1 to) and a huge 3pter in the 4th after Nebraska had cut it to 4pts. But I give player of the game to Jordan Wallace, who along with some exceptional help D, dominated Nebraska's center, who game into the game averaging 12pts and 12rpg. She was held to 0pts and 7 rebounds. Meanwhile, the team got the ball into Jordan well, and while she didn't make every shot she took, she seemed calm, collected, and made a variety of nice post moves with a soft touch. She needs to come in with this type of focus every game.

I wish we would have seen Morris more in the second half. In the brief minutes she was in in the first half, you can see why she can be special.

I guess they are beaking her in slowly, due to not playing for so long. Plus, they need to develop a routine for her. Something like the men are doing with Young.

Great effort by the ladies but they gave me agita when up 15 and Huskers came back.

After the first 3min of the game, RU was down 11-2. With 6:30 left in the game, RU was up by 15. So the middle 31min of the game, RU outscored Nebraska 57-33.

The last 6.5min were ugly, with RU getting a tad lackadaisical, and more bizarrely, very good FT shooters missing a ton of FTs.

If you had told me before the game that RU would shoot 9-22 from the FT line and Nebraska would shoot 12-24 from 3-pt range, I would have thought we would get crushed. But RU dominated the inside, and minus about 7 min of play, dominated defensively. And the team had only 6 turnovers all game, which is exceptional.

KK Sanders had best game statistically with 17pts 6 assists (to just 1 to) and a huge 3pter in the 4th after Nebraska had cut it to 4pts. But I give player of the game to Jordan Wallace, who along with some exceptional help D, dominated Nebraska's center, who game into the game averaging 12pts and 12rpg. She was held to 0pts and 7 rebounds. Meanwhile, the team got the ball into Jordan well, and while she didn't make every shot she took, she seemed calm, collected, and made a variety of nice post moves with a soft touch. She needs to come in with this type of focus every game.

I wish we would have seen Morris more in the second half. In the brief minutes she was in in the first half, you can see why she can be special.
Agreed. Morris has a lot of skills!

ADVERTISEMENT