ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Purdue 7PM 1/16/19

Are there any refs that like RU?
Not sure any ref “likes” any team (maybe Dennis DeMayo liked UConn). But there are certainly officials who seem to make more calls against certain teams than others. Obviously we know those who give us trouble more than others. Tina, Jesse D and Bryan Enterline come to mind immediately.

I think the poor refereeing has to do with our style of defense and the simple fact that refereeing in women's b-ball is just more ticky-tack than the men's game. They need to change the refereeing culture to improve that IMHO.

Is it just me or, have some of the male referees been really terrible at the RAC? They tend to anticipate fouls before they occur and are so darned emphatic when making a marginal call. The whole crew fell asleep last night on obvious Traveling Fouls!

Reactions: ScarletDave
Is it just me or, have some of the male referees been really terrible at the RAC? They tend to anticipate fouls before they occur and are so darned emphatic when making a marginal call. The whole crew fell asleep last night on obvious Traveling Fouls!
I don't know if it is just male refs, although I do think they are more likely to call technicals for a player or coach saying something or bouncing the ball hard after a foul is called than most of the female refs. Last night Dickerson quickly called a T on CC for saying something he didn't like and she wasn't up in his face. I'm not saying he shouldn't have called it, because I don't know what she said, but he was very quick to T her up. I don't know if anyone saw the televised game last week that Linda Miles was reffing. One of the players was really mouthing off to her saying that the call she just made was terrible and she said it more than once. It was a close game and near the end of the 4th quarter, so calling a T could have really made a difference. She just shooed her away and let it go. I have seen Dee Kantner behave in a similar manner. Just my 2 cents.

ADVERTISEMENT