ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Virginia game thread 12/5/19

RU up 21-9 end of 1st!! Everyone looks great. CViv looks great, and Eatman coaching right along with her. NOW no let up.

Enterline reffing, so we will play 6 on 5. Soaries sitting in VIP seat, where did the governor go sit?

Last edited:
Reactions: gigantor1024
37 -31, halftime. Massive cool down. Thank god Zippy came in and made those two 3 point shots.

At the half RU leads 37-31. U Va cut into the lead at the end, Arella being defended well, held to 2 points on 1-6 shooting.

T Baby w 9 pts and 5 rebounds

Wallace w 8 pts and 4 rebounds

Zippy hits two 3 pointers at the end.

KK w 7 pts and 4 assists

Approx 5:00 left in 3rd, RU leads 44-36. Wallace now w a double/double.

C'mon RU! Put this one away.

GT is up on Wisconsin. UMd only up by 2 over NC State. Seems like several B1G teams on the road tonite, so RU better pull this one out to help the B1G win the challenge.

No one seems to be posting. Hopefully you're all at the game.

RU up by 5 with just under 5 minutes remaining. Other games have tightened up, but UMd is trailing by 3, still in the first half.

Five minutes later, it's still up 5 with just under 5 minutes. What happened? Did the lights go out?

Last edited:
Clock moving at last. 2:16 left in game, RU up by 9. Bring it home, ladies!

Actually, 6-1 since UNC defeated Illinois. But it's great for RU to get the win making it now 3-1 against P-5 schools, including 2-0 against the hated ACC.

Other B1G teams are struggling, including UMd. But PSU is up 12 at halftime over Pitt. It might come down to Michigan knocking off Syracuse for the B1G to win the Challenge 8-6.

RU wins 73-63 !

Huge 2nd half for Arella Giurantes ! Finishes w 20 points , 6 rebounds, and 4 assists

T Baby with 15 pts and 10 rebounds !

Wallace w 13 pts and 7 rebounds

KK w 14 pts and 4 assists.

RU shot the ball well !

Reactions: RU MAN
Actually, 6-1 since UNC defeated Illinois. But it's great for RU to get the win making it now 3-1 against P-5 schools, including 2-0 against the hated ACC.

Other B1G teams are struggling, including UMd. But PSU is up 12 at halftime over Pitt. It might come down to Michigan knocking off Syracuse for the B1G to win the Challenge 8-6.
Yeah I knew but pretended our game ended first. World of spins you know lol.

okay - it's a final. RU 73-63. Way to go ladies! So officially 6-1 in favor of the B1G at this point.

Can't believe I'm saying it but - go PSU and go Michigan!

RU wins 73-63 !

Huge 2nd half for Arella Giurantes ! Finishes w 20 points , 6 rebounds, and 4 assists

T Baby with 15 pts and 10 rebounds !

Wallace w 13 pts and 7 rebounds

KK w 14 pts and 4 assists.

RU shot the ball well !

Perhaps another B1G POW for Arella.

No one seems to be posting. Hopefully you're all at the game.

RU up by 5 with just under 5 minutes remaining. Other games have tightened up, but UMd is trailing by 3, still in the first half.

Five minutes later, it's still up 5 with just under 5 minutes. What happened? Did the lights go out?
was at the game with little battery power or I would have posted. Officiating was extremely off putting. Kept them in the game in the first half for sure.

Was at a meeting and could not follow the game. Very nice, RU, very nice.

was at the game with little battery power or I would have posted. Officiating was extremely off putting. Kept them in the game in the first half for sure.
When isn't officiating off-putting in women's BB? My experience is the best officiating is mediocre at best and the rest of the time, which is most of the time, officiating in women's BB is laughable and atrocious.

He's positively infuriating and makes calls from all the way across the floor when he couldn't possibly see. grrrrrrrr The refs in women's bball are generally atrocious

That officiating crew was just lost. At least they were bad on both sides. I have gone to several camps and what they preach in the summer was not displayed last night. Their judgement on fouls was off, the crew had too many missed calls, and their block/charges were wrong on both sides. I would be interested in their game evaluation report. The game at LSU was flat out home cooking. Nice game ladies.

You mean when you block a shot "all ball" with no lower body contact it isn't a foul?
But she swiped her arm down...of course that was where the ball was...so they call a foul even though they are five feet away and no one between them and the play. Several similar bad calls last night. Arella got called for one where the Virginia player was going through the lane and Arella hit the ball which made the Virginia player move awkwardly...whistle...terrible call no contact on the body at all. Arella just shook her head with her arms out in that "what , are you kidding me" position

Was pleased to see Davenport in during the last few minutes...CVS must have greater confidence in her.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUonBrain
I know we're a month away from it, but I can't wait until Alexis can play with this team. I think she's going to add a lot to it. Especially a consistent 3rd scoring option, and another playmaker.

Reactions: RUonBrain
First game I've seen. Thought we looked good. Good teamwork & played composed.

ADVERTISEMENT