ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Wisconsin and Northwestern

wngarbarini

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 4, 2006
RU travels to wrestle Wisky on Friday and Northwestern on Sunday. Wisky is tougher with an 8-2 record in duals with a 6-1 record in the Big Ten having lost last week to Michigan by a 24-13 margin. They are loaded with ranked wrestlers like Ryan Taylor # 10 at 133, Issac Jordan #3 at 165, Ricky Robertson # 18 at 184, Tim McCall # 10 at 197 and Connor Medberry # 3 at 285. This presents a difficult matchup with us and bonus points will dictate most likely who wins the match. They have defeated Maryland, South and North Dakota State, Indiana, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue and Michigan State while losing to Rider earlier 20-19 and Michigan 24-12 last week.We have to win the first 5 bouts and 174 to win it. Key bouts are at 133 and 174.

Possible lineups

125 McCabe vs Johnny Jimmenez
133 Delvecchio vs #10 Ryan Taylor
141 Ashnault vs Jesse Thielke (up from 133)
149 Theobold vs Ryan Lubeck (up from 141)
157 Perrotti vs Jarod Donar
165 Visicaro vs #3 Issac Jordan
174 Backukas vs Frank Cousins
184 Parfumi vs #18 Ricky Robertson
197 Hrymack vs # 9 Tim McCall
285 Smith vs #3 Conner Medberry

Northwester started out strong but has had a rough go of it lately with losses to Nebraska, Illinois, Minny, Purdue, Wisky and Iowa while beating doormat Indiana. They only lost by 1 point to Minny so they can be tough. They are 9-7 on the year having beaten Princeton, Davidson, Drexel, Cal Poly, CMU, EMU, Stanford and Clarion. They lost earlier in the year to Lehigh 3-10. They usually start the meets behind 6-0 as they forfeit 174 so let's hope that continues. They are very strong at 141, 149 (NCAA Champ), 165, 184, 197 and 285. So you see we have to win the first 3 and 157 in addition to the forfeit to win it. It is not as easy as it looks on paper.

Lineups

125 McCabe vs Garrison White
133 Delvecchio vs #20 Dominick Malone
141 Ashnault vs Jameson Oster (has lost very close bouts to top ranked kids)
149 Theobold vs #3 Jason Tsirtsis (defending NCAA champ) Love to knock him off
157 Perrotti vs Ben Sullivan
165 Visicaro vs # 8 Pierce Harger
174 Backukas vs ?
184 Parfumi vs Mich Sliga (he beat Orr in an event this or last year)
197 Hrymack vs # 12 Alex Polizzi
285 Smith vs # 4 Mike McMullen

So you see there are several pivotal bouts and if we can pick up 1 or 2 we can win it but it wont be easy.

You can sign up for BTN Plus for the weekend (Rutgers only) and watch both matches on the computer for $9.95. $$$$
This post was edited on 2/4 3:59 PM by dollarbill

these should be really good matches. i like the chances against NW but they also have some serious hammers. Smith wins toughest slate with two of the best this year in Medberry and McMullan, altho Visacario get two top 10 opponents as well.

this is the home stretch of the inaugural B1G gauntlet. Then two lesser but still tough regional rivals before a couple week break to gear up for the B1G tournament. i suspect when all is said and done, the B1G tournament will have more AA and qualifiers than either the Scuffle or Midlands.

I am hoping that if I sign up for the one month of Big Ten Plus on the day of the Northwestern match 2/8/15 I will still have it for the first day of the Big Ten Tournament on 3/7/15. The second day of the tournament is being covered for free on the Big Ten Network. Sounds like a good $10.00 investment.
happy.r191677.gif

Excellent idea !!
Originally posted by RUMatFan:

I am hoping that if I sign up for the one month of Big Ten Plus on the day of the Northwestern match 2/8/15 I will still have it for the first day of the Big Ten Tournament on 3/7/15. The second day of the tournament is being covered for free on the Big Ten Network. Sounds like a good $10.00 investment.
happy.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Abro1975:
Excellent idea !!
Originally posted by RUMatFan:

happy.r191677.gif

I think you may have to spend $14.95 for the all school pass to get that. Either way, it's there. $$$$

btn plus has been a great value imo. this is the first year i've done it but you get like 5 or 6 bouts per weekend, sometimes more. and the streaming is silky smooth. and month to month subscription option. one of the many benefits of upgrading the conference.

I just signed up for the BTN + for the year. When the Big Ten wrestling Championships come, I just go to BTN2go.com and lok for the wrestling championships and log into my account? I am a computer novice so bear with me.

Exactly. Just put in your email and password...it works like a charm. I'll be on for the Big 10 Tourny, if you have a problem send me a message or text (do you have my cell?) and I'll talk you through it, but as long as you remember your email address and password, that's it. You should go watch something else on BTN PLUS later today to get comfortable with website.
Originally posted by wngarbarini:
I just signed up for the BTN + for the year. When the Big Ten wrestling Championships come, I just go to BTN2go.com and lok for the wrestling championships and log into my account? I am a computer novice so bear with me.

No problem. PS Region 5 Finals just started, here's a link to a live video stream if interested:

Originally posted by wngarbarini:
thanks Abro. Will try. I signed up for the year for the whole conference.

LINK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT