ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Wisconsin women's soccer

rudad02

All American
Nov 7, 2010
If we beat or tie Wisconsin we finish 4th in the BIG & host the first round of the tourney. If we lose we probably finish 5th & play on the road. Game on BTN tomorrow at 8. Go RU.

I turned it off when Wisky scored with 16 minutes left to tie it 1-1. We had zero offense in the second half and Wisky played the whole half in our territory. It was 11-0 in corner kicks and I could not take it anymore so they probably lost.

I turned it off when Wisky scored with 16 minutes left to tie it 1-1. We had zero offense in the second half and Wisky played the whole half in our territory. It was 11-0 in corner kicks and I could not take it anymore so they probably lost.

Just checked the score on Scarletknights.com. RU lost 2-1.

Wisconsin certainly out played us. We were lucky to be leading at half time. In the 2nd half we seemed to go into a shell. Wisconsin had so much possession in our defensive 3rd that it was only a matter of time before they scored. After that we began to go on offense. Really too late & their late goal sealed it. Having watched the girls all year, this team looks tired. Believe all the late season traveling & double OT games have taken a real toll. We play Penn State there on Sun at 1 in the first round of the BIG Tourney. I don't know if they have it left, but sometimes a player &/or a team gets a second wind. Let's hope so. Penn State is not the team it was last year. We tied them there 2-2 earlier this year. Of course we'll have to deal with the partial Penn State reffing as we did earlier. Go RU.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Wisconsin certainly out played us. We were lucky to be leading at half time. In the 2nd half we seemed to go into a shell. Wisconsin had so much possession in our defensive 3rd that it was only a matter of time before they scored. After that we began to go on offense. Really too late & their late goal sealed it. Having watched the girls all year, this team looks tired. Believe all the late season traveling & double OT games have taken a real toll. We play Penn State there on Sun at 1 in the first round of the BIG Tourney. I don't know if they have it left, but sometimes a player &/or a team gets a second wind. Let's hope so. Penn State is not the team it was last year. We tied them there 2-2 earlier this year. Of course we'll have to deal with the partial Penn State reffing as we did earlier. Go RU.

7 of previous 9 went to OT with, what, 6 going double OT? That's nuts. What you hope, however, is that stretch does a lot for the youth on the squad that saw a lot of PT this year, next year, in terms of dealing with that situation. Can't hurt, that's for sure, but tough this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT