ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs WSU baseball at Mariners facility in AZ

RUfinal4

Heisman Winner
Apr 24, 2006
I find this interesting where the Mariners offered up or leased out their facility to an in home college team. Do other teams do this?

Imagine if RU was able to play at the Mets or yanks facility in FL?

Maybe the B10 should lease out a couple of fields in AZ and FL to host weekend series' during Feb and Mar. Or maybe lease out the Brewers indoor stadium for Feb / Mar games. At the least the Badgers should use it.

I find this interesting where the Mariners offered up or leased out their facility to an in home college team. Do other teams do this?

Imagine if RU was able to play at the Mets or yanks facility in FL?

Maybe the B10 should lease out a couple of fields in AZ and FL to host weekend series' during Feb and Mar. Or maybe lease out the Brewers indoor stadium for Feb / Mar games. At the least the Badgers should use it.

NU had a deal with the Angels to host a tourney in Arizona a few times. Most of that was because of Darrin Erstads connections from playing there forever I think. They have used the Padres stuff as well.

The Badgers don’t have a baseball program so it’s unlikely they will use it. Ha

didn't know about the Badgers not having baseball

Either way, it would not be a bad partnership to use the Brewers stadium each Feb and Mar. With teams in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, and Minnesota all within 300-500 miles drive it can be opportunities to play winter ball without the flights.

3 games a day (10am, 2pm, and 6pm) on a Fri, Sat, and Sun

This is some real forward thinking.

There is a big B1G presence in FL. Especially where those Grapefruit League teams are located on the West Coast. It’s a great idea.

eFgKHVe6UV9HQxstSlEbP4swgOlN9U8c8M9Fl-SyMusgdRyhmTaADpNPVQp7xyDwZVZlsAjTwsRrFNSxVLT1a6pjBUkSBOu5CPYGFrCn-5G0yq5QIR5tbGFtx65sYQO0UmD78egnwXI_Sw

This is some real forward thinking.

There is a big B1G presence in FL. Especially where those Grapefruit League teams are located on the West Coast. It’s a great idea.

eFgKHVe6UV9HQxstSlEbP4swgOlN9U8c8M9Fl-SyMusgdRyhmTaADpNPVQp7xyDwZVZlsAjTwsRrFNSxVLT1a6pjBUkSBOu5CPYGFrCn-5G0yq5QIR5tbGFtx65sYQO0UmD78egnwXI_Sw

I took my son to the FGCU vs Ohio State game last year while we were on vacation during president's day week and the place was packed with OSU fans.

This year I took him to Mets Spring training practice. They are finishing up work on their stadium in port st lucie and it looks good. They may like to make some money to help recoup costs.

I took my son to the FGCU vs Ohio State game last year while we were on vacation during president's day week and the place was packed with OSU fans.

This year I took him to Mets Spring training practice. They are finishing up work on their stadium in port st lucie and it looks good. They may like to make some money to help recoup costs.
Lots of B1G folks down that way

Reactions: scarletcrew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT