ADVERTISEMENT

we R good @ Cadillac Cantina!!! PAC -12 Betwork ON!

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Guys and gals the party is on, of course, and I'll have details over the next couple of days as to whether or not we'll be able to show Game 1, along with all the fun, food, and drink information!

Just awaiting word that we'll be able to "stream" the game at the bar. GM believes we should be good. Get back to you shortly!

Guys and gals the party is on, of course, and I'll have details over the next couple of days as to whether or not we'll be able to show Game 1, along with all the fun, food, and drink information!

Just awaiting word that we'll be able to "stream" the game at the bar. GM believes we should be good. Get back to you shortly!
I don't think you can stream the game legally. I would have done that if I could. As a commercial establishment, a new Dish install would be required. Maybe that helps, or maybe not.

Ingreg any idea what time u guys open. Anyway to reserve a table for about 10 people :)

I thought someone said the other day that Cadiallac has the PAC 10 network?

I thought someone said the other day that Cadiallac has the PAC 10 network?
The problem is people are calling and assuming they have the game. You need to ask if they have Xfinity or dish first. If not then they are SOL. 99 percent of sports bars have DirecTV for the NFL package. Just make sure you are doing your HW before showing up to these places on game day or you will be listening to Carlin and ray in the parking lot.

Reactions: Local Shill
The problem is people are calling and assuming they have the game. You need to ask if they have Xfinity or dish first. If not then they are SOL. 99 percent of sports bars have DirecTV for the NFL package. Just make sure you are doing your HW before showing up to these places on game day or you will be listening to Carlin and ray in the parking lot.

No, that's not what happened. I actually posted somewhere that one of the managers told me they have dish TV. Apparently he was incorrect. He's a new guy there. My bad.

Are you nuts wasn't directed at you just a general statement. I've been part of many things you have out together I know you do your HW.

I don't think you can stream the game legally. I would have done that if I could. As a commercial establishment, a new Dish install would be required. Maybe that helps, or maybe not.

D - I would never ask any bar manager to do something they didn't feel comfortable with, don't get me wrong, especially knowing your position! That being said we've probably streamed 15-20 ESPN3 games, at 3 or 4 different Hoboken bars, over the past decade. Maybe more. I know other events, non-RU, that have been streamed at bars in the area as well over the years. Never any issues and I'm not really sure how you could get busted unless your constantly promoting events as such or they randomly check your bars IP address that day? Not really sure - D

That being said, again and obviously, it's completely up to the bar but I know they're doing everything they can to make sure the game can be watched there and, IF NOT, I'll find someplace for us to go that day fellas!

Reactions: jabbs1
Find a friend in Washington and give him a slingbox. Problem solved.

Preparations are underway to show the game Saturday. Equipment(?) being purchased as we speak and their AV guy will hopefully give us the "a-o-k" by Weds afternoon!

They do. I'm confident, based on what I've read here from the guys who figured it out already, we'll be good one way or the other.
Yet we have people still planning to bypass Val's in Rumson. I have my FireTV stick setup at home and the PAC12 network video quality is stunning.

D - I would never ask any bar manager to do something they didn't feel comfortable with, don't get me wrong, especially knowing your position! That being said we've probably streamed 15-20 ESPN3 games, at 3 or 4 different Hoboken bars, over the past decade. Maybe more. I know other events, non-RU, that have been streamed at bars in the area as well over the years. Never any issues and I'm not really sure how you could get busted unless your constantly promoting events as such or they randomly check your bars IP address that day? Not really sure - D

That being said, again and obviously, it's completely up to the bar but I know they're doing everything they can to make sure the game can be watched there and, IF NOT, I'll find someplace for us to go that day fellas!
They have under cover copyright agents. They simply go around to bars and check to see if the owner has the proper licensing. For example you can't just sign up with direct tv and get service. You have to buy commercial packages and the cost is based on number of seats. My boss's parents lost their bar because they did not have a commercial license show an event. They were fined $1,000 per seat in the bar. This was a small 112 seat bar in middle of no where pa. They closed and declared bankruptcy because they simply could not afford $112,000 fine. Another friend small bar was fined for not having license for songs a cover band played. So when ever you ask for this just know you may end up costing a person their job or even their business.

They have under cover copyright agents. They simply go around to bars and check to see if the owner has the proper licensing. For example you can't just sign up with direct tv and get service. You have to buy commercial packages and the cost is based on number of seats. My boss's parents lost their bar because they did not have a commercial license show an event. They were fined $1,000 per seat in the bar. This was a small 112 seat bar in middle of no where pa. They closed and declared bankruptcy because they simply could not afford $112,000 fine. Another friend small bar was fined for not having license for songs a cover band played. So when ever you ask for this just know you may end up costing a person their job or even their business.

funny, that's exactly what I figured they'd do..thanks for the info

From what I understand from multiple people including an attorney, is that the law has a ton of loop holes and is very vague. At the end of the day streaming is legal. If it's from a random website it's fine. But if it's streamed from a personal account at a commercial location then it's a problem or of anything is downloaded. Just like if I snapchat a game it's not illegal. That's why there are still thousands of websites, hundreds of apps, and dozens of instruments built for this. No one cares if it's you or me, but when people start making money then the flags raise.

The AV/Tech guy got delayed by a day, however, the bar purchased several different components for the "fixes" listed in threads here and they fully expect all to be a "go" for Saturday. I will post as such, once I get the confirmation from them. Thanks guys!

We're all set to go at Cadillac Cantina! Spread the word and make your plans! Drink and food specials to follow!

IMG_3338_zpsnzl8blsl.png
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3338_zpsnzl8blsl.png

Thanks for setting this up!!
Heading into Hoboken tomorrow for a day of football.
Any updates on the viewing party, drinks/food, etc?

Thanks for setting this up!!
Heading into Hoboken tomorrow for a day of football.
Any updates on the viewing party, drinks/food, etc?

Sorry buddy still waiting for the new menu specials but assume they'll still have $3 tacos (all those available on regular menu) to go along with some great draft, pitcher, drink and shot specials!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT