ADVERTISEMENT

RU Womens Lax Ranked #8 In Early 2023 Women's Lax Rankings

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Wouldn't shock me if women's lax ends up becoming the next Olympic power program at RU on the level of women's soccer, field hockey, wrestling, and men's lax. Lehman is a stud and we hopefully are paying her handsomely now.

Wouldn't shock me if women's lax ends up becoming the next Olympic power program at RU on the level of women's soccer, field hockey, wrestling, and men's lax. Lehman is a stud and we hopefully are paying her handsomely now.
Agree. In fact, I'd be surprised if that program doesn't continue it's ascent and remain a player on the national scene.

They just need the longevity of being a top tier team like the ones listed above, but they'll get there.
She still needs to take the next step in recruiting as we are still not getting the top recruits from NJ case in point Pikell daughter went to UNC for lacrosse!!

The win over Northwestern this past season was a huge step forward. It certainly appears that we have the right person running the ship.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I was in Baltimore a few weeks ago around a lot of kids in high school and college, boys and girls. Almost all of them play lacrosse.

I routinely asked what schools they were looking at (these kids start early) and was pleasantly surprised that a number of them had Rutgers on their list.

Lehman is definitely making noise. Now we need to take the next step.

They just need the longevity of being a top tier team like the ones listed above, but they'll get there.
I get wrestling and women's soccer HOWEVER Field Hockey and Men's Lax, realistically, are just 3(?) years in so maybe a year or two ahead of Women's Lax? Regardless, yeah, they're right there!

They have the right coach. And NJ girls lacrosse is very good, as is the surrounding area.

My friends daughter plays for St. Paul's in Baltimore. I caught a game when I was there in the Spring. Holy smokes those girls were good.

Watching my daughter play for close to a decade I always thought it ridiculous that the girls use a different pocket than the boys but it has forced the girls to be very good stick handlers. Everything they do is harder because there is no pocket. I wish they would give the girls a pocket and similar padding and just let them play because the CONSTANT stoppages are just painful to watch. There is zero flow to the girls game and anyone that has ever coached or played sports really appreciates that aspect of sports. Flow, momentum, and emotion are all handicapped with a whistle every 15-20 seconds.

Reactions: patk89
I would put the rowing team in this conversation as well.
Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

Watching my daughter play for close to a decade I always thought it ridiculous that the girls use a different pocket than the boys but it has forced the girls to be very good stick handlers. Everything they do is harder because there is no pocket. I wish they would give the girls a pocket and similar padding and just let them play because the CONSTANT stoppages are just painful to watch. There is zero flow to the girls game and anyone that has ever coached or played sports really appreciates that aspect of sports. Flow, momentum, and emotion are all handicapped with a whistle every 15-20 seconds.
Agreed about the flow. Lacrosse is a flowing running game. I do t understand the rules entirely but it’s way too choppy. Makes it hard to watch.

Give ‘em equipment and let ‘em hit.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Next season will be a real test for the women's team with the departures of two key offensive players (Naslonski and Kelly). Still have Spilis, but she will need help on offense. Hopefully recruiting and development will offset the departures...

ADVERTISEMENT