ADVERTISEMENT

RU Wrestling Finished 4th in Average Attendance

The eye popper in that list has to be at #5 FRESNO ST at 4566. To tell you the truth, I didn't even know they brought back Div.1 wrestling. That's a helluva debut for a long lost program. Biggest loser Oklahoma St. went from 5041 to 3152.

Last edited:
Last year was 4706 and 5th place. So no there wasn't a huge Suriano surge like one North Jersey paper likes to suggest. We're pretty consistent now from year to year.

Actually there was...last year counted the first outdoor match that drew 16,000... Most RAC matches that year were 2500-3500...

Reactions: bigmatt718
Imagine how good our attendance could be if we had a winning record in the B10 too!

Not too far to go with that 3-6 conference record this year!

Kiddie games are down the street..Now move along and let the adults hold a conversation..

Actually there was...last year counted the first outdoor match that drew 16,000... Most RAC matches that year were 2500-3500...

Correct Jersey Devil, this season was a pretty big increase(just over 2,000 season tickets sold). The outdoor match was not part of this years attendance. They had no accurate way to track it since they did not scan your ticket(a football ticket just had to be shown at the gate and I know some that just walked in without a ticket).

Reactions: jerzey devil
Last year was 4706 and 5th place. So no there wasn't a huge Suriano surge like one North Jersey paper likes to suggest. We're pretty consistent now from year to year.

Last year there was a big bump of 16K from outdoor Princeton match.

My bad then. I thought they would count this year's outdoor match as well. So what did that go down as, null and void?

They did. The outdoor match I think was 3k.

Not sure how they counted the outdoor match....It is not listed on the match notes what the attendance was. There were a lot more than 3,000 in attendance(maybe 3,000 wrestling tickets sold?). But all you needed was a football ticket to enter and they did not scan them, and some people just walked in without a ticket.
Either way, the attendance at the RAC was a lot more than last season and expect it to be big next year. Season tickets could approach 2500 to 3,000.

Not sure how they counted the outdoor match....It is not listed on the match notes what the attendance was. There were a lot more than 3,000 in attendance(maybe 3,000 wrestling tickets sold?). But all you needed was a football ticket to enter and they did not scan them, and some people just walked in without a ticket.
Either way, the attendance at the RAC was a lot more than last season and expect it to be big next year. Season tickets could approach 2500 to 3,000.
I could see RU Wrestling cracking 3k in season Tix and average 5k plus a match next year. Next year's team is better than this year's. On paper they are a Top 10 tourney team for sure.

We are going to have a top , top team coming to the RAC in November I believe that will want to make people want to buy that ticket and maybe season tickets.

Penn St., OSU, Iowa were here last year...can't top that Bill... It would be interesting if Ok. St. comes to town...

Penn St., OSU, Iowa were here last year...can't top that Bill... It would be interesting if Ok. St. comes to town...

I could see NC St coming. Heilman family , South Plainfield HS, connections to Ashnault family, etc.
Plus NC St came in tied for 4th at the Nationals.

Last edited:
I thought Heilmann wrestled for UNC.

He transferred last night. Flo hasn't broken the story yet, I scooped them ! lol. It all made sense too !
Plus their 165 pounder Haaman (sp?) is from Jackson, Coach Goody's alma mater !

Now I predict Va Tech, after all , Dave McFadden wrestles there, he's from NJ, etc etc etc.

OR....Lehigh... Collucci, Paetzall, etc etc.

Or ....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT