ADVERTISEMENT

RU Wrestling v Princeton Match Thread

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
Starting at 2pm on R Vision.

Starting at 125. No Camp in the lineup

Up first is Theo 125

Why can't we have at least Shawn calling the match? Isn't he there already? Just give him the microphone and add the color!

Del Vech wins a decision, RU up 7-0

Ash up now, against an unranked kid who has a good record

AP wins 14-2, RU leads at intermission 18-0

AP looked very aggressive

First match I've ever seen perrotti angry. Can this ref call stallING on Princeton, they do not attempt to move or change position.

laster (141) and perez (149) are good wrestlers. glad there was no upset.

Good Match at 141. I am not an expert, but the Princeton kid looked very athletic. Ashnault's ability to ride was the difference (He was in on 2 solid shots he could not finish

Lassiter of Princeton, Ash's opponent, was great on his feet, terrific balance. Not nearly as good on the mat though, that was the diff. close bout though, wngarbarini was right in his preview.

174: No. 20 (@theopenmat) Phil Bakuckas gets three back points and locks up an 8-3 decision over Judd Ziegler. No. 21 RU leads, 21-4.

just frustrating to watch the upper weights. no offense, and just slow.

197: No. 13/15/15 Abe Ayala (PU) wins by a 13-6 decision over Hayden Hrymack (#RUWR). No. 21 RU leads Princeton, 21-11.

I ampartial to smith and surprised that was not a takedown by princeton right off the whistle.
nice to see bill come back with a takedown.

RU wins 24-11, Smith with a decision . Pretty good day for RU. AP looked good, as did Del and Smith, and Bak. Ash had some trouble taking down Lassiter, but a win nevertheless. McCabe did his job. Drexle then on to the Big 10 Tourny, which should be terrific.

Anyone else see Telford lose in OT to Coon last night. Great match.

Congrats to Bill Hoffman for his being named match captain. Well deserved and his grandson was cute as a button.

BIl Hoffman is a great guy and long time RU Wrestling supporter. He is very committed to his family. Congrats Bill.

Bill, or anyone, who all are in this pic? I know some of the faces, but not all. Thanks.

10783046.jpeg

Coach Goodale, Coach Leo, Coach Pritzlaff, I assume Nicks Mom, Nick Vis,, Coach Pollard, Ash sister (score keeper), Ash Dad, Ash Mom, billy Ash.

This post was edited on 2/15 3:33 PM by obrats

WNG, Josh, and David: Thanks for your kind comments about my appearance as the game coach Saturday. It really feels like I have joined a family here, one that is passionate about the sport of wrestling, Rutgers University, and most important, the student athletes who put it all on the line when they get on the mat. The little guy enjoyed his first college wrestling match. See you all soon as we continue this journey together. Bill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT