ADVERTISEMENT

RUMLAX 14 Syracuse 10

Not necessarily true. There will be a window where some new coach might be able to elevate Syracuse using Boeheim's pipeline and his more youthful endeavors. Also, the ACC will be a help to them. Odds are though that a fall is coming.
See Pitt
(Their Bball fall is being attributed to a lack of NYC exposure since the fall of the old big east).

Reactions: bigmatt718
It's public information. He signed a new deal last year. Good timing. He is viewed very highly in coaching circles. Is definitely on some short lists.

With the new facilities coming, support from the administration, the team reaching higher ground, hopefully this marriage lasts a long time. You'd have to believe that with all of the hard work he has already done, and the relationships he's built, him having success here will keep him here. He's a great leader of the program, and we know Hobbs likes stability. Rutgers lacrosse should have a long tenured, successful coach. There is too much history in the program to have it any other way.
He is also from the area so unless somebody makes an offer he can’t refuse and Rutgers is still onboard with support I’m confident he’ll be here awhile.

I know the state high school football coaches,the NJFCA.org,have their monthly meetings at Rutgers. Does the state lacrosse coaches organization do the same? Have they been made aware of the new lacrosse center with any type of formal presentation at their meetings?

I know we host a coaching convention every year. Not sure if the new facility was announced then, but I’m sure they made everyone aware if so.

So I finally watched the replay by Student U and can anyone who was there/ knows why during the first quarter we were down 4-2, scored and the goal was waived off ? There was a call up from field but no expalaination why.. It was clear he did not step into the crease and shouldn't they review if that was the call? I thought the reffing was atrocious and clearly biased against us. .

So I finally watched the replay by Student U and can anyone who was there/ knows why during the first quarter we were down 4-2, scored and the goal was waived off ? There was a call up from field but no expalaination why.. It was clear he did not step into the crease and shouldn't they review if that was the call? I thought the reffing was atrocious and clearly biased against us. .

Worst call in history. If we would have lost by one goal, there would have been an outrage.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Worst call in history. If we would have lost by one goal, there would have been an outrage.
My buddy that was at the game and said the call upfield was offsides. He concurred there was an offsides.

Last edited:
My buddy that was at the game and said the call upfield was offsides. He concurred there was an offsides.

We saw them signal offsides. I turned and immediately counted 3 plus the goalie so offsides didn't make sense. Too many men on the field maybe??

I'll have to go back and check since it's recorded. There was no indication on field. Thanks.

Jim brown played La Crosse at SU. How would you like to have him coming full speed at you? AND with a hunk of lumber in his hand.
He played at my alma mater, Cortland 2 or 3 years before I got there. Guys said it was unbelievable, guys bouncing off him all over the field.

Last edited:
Jim Brown played lacrosse at SU. How would you like to have him coming full speed at you? AND with a hunk of lumber in his hand.
He played at my alma mater,Cortland 3 years before I got there. Guys said it was unbelievable, guys bouncing off him all over the field.
He was quoted not too long ago saying if there was a NFL equivalent for lacrosse when he was done at sara he would have strongly considered a pro career in lacrosse.

I asked him that directly. He’s answe was was yes, he would have preferred to play lacrosse.

I asked him that directly. He’s answe was was yes, he would have preferred to play lacrosse.
Very interesting. I've heard it said that Lax was his best sport. I've seen him play football plenty, both college & pro. If he was better at Lax, he must have been just hell on wheels.

Dick Schapp commentated on Brown and lacrosse a couple of decades ago on ESPN. As a freshman goalie for Cornell he played a game against a Syracuse team with Brown. I believe the statement was "He took 5 shots on me, 3 went in and I saw none of them" It's been a while, so the quote may not be perfect.

ADVERTISEMENT