ADVERTISEMENT

RUMLAX Gets Another 4* Verbal

Correct

Expect 10 big ten games and all 6 teams invited to the big ten tournament...so that's a minimum of 11 games

I think they will also have a couple non conference games...at least 2 and maybe 4

I expect the IVY League to not play so no Princeton.

If I had to guess, we will play a couple of home games...one vs Loyola that will be a late day start so Loyola can bus up that morning (3 hour drive)...maybe a 4 PM start.

I think you will see Army visit Rutgers for another home game

Then I think you see RU play two road games (non conf)...maybe a trip to Delaware and maybe a Lehigh or Lafayette...again short trips, no hotel stays...and dependent on protocols

As far as the season...expect lots of issues, cancelled games and multiple starts and stops

Frankly the protocols are too strict and teams will get shut down for a couple positive tests even though the kids will be healthy with zero symptoms and never be at risk...

The Big Ten needs to revisit their quarantine protocols ASAP and fall in line with the CDC...otherwise we will have kids that feel fine test positive and they will miss a month...and contact tracing will force game cancellations for most if not all teams

It's gonna be interesting...the kids are working hard at staying safe, but we all know you can throw a positive test without doing anything wrong...it's gonna be a roller coaster ride...and I feel bad for the athletes...
Agree. I'm in healthcare and if the BIG is using a 21 day quarantine that is idiocy. I'd like to know how, when and why that was ever adopted. Isolation isn't even recommended that long nonetheless quarantine.

I care about their players, who all want to play.
I was speaking of the institutions...not the kids. Absolutely the kids want to play and I know a few that are certainly fed up and disenchanted with the IVY leadership and attitude...

I was speaking of the institutions...not the kids. Absolutely the kids want to play and I know a few that are certainly fed up and disenchanted with the IVY leadership and attitude...
The Ivies are gonna lose a ton of athletic talent among all sports for this. I saw Michael Sowers in his Duke attire on Twitter yesterday.

The Ivies are gonna lose a ton of athletic talent among all sports for this. I saw Michael Sowers in his Duke attire on Twitter yesterday.
They are not going to lose much athletic talent. Most kids are there for other reasons.

Depends of how the vaccine goes. If the '22 season is a sure thing I don't see many underclassmen leaving. If there's any doubt I could see a rising senior migration to Duke and Hopkins, but there's a limit to how many they could accept. And if there is no '21 season you'll be looking at a ton of graduating seniors with eligibility left that are looking at grad programs.

They are not going to lose much athletic talent. Most kids are there for other reasons.
I would say yes generally speaking for all sports...but lacrosse is a sport that competes with the big boys...yes, lacrosse athletes go there because it's "IVY"...but they also want to play lacrosse and it's a very high priority for them...generally speaking I agree with you...but it could impact lacrosse kids

You don't see 2 - 4 teams competing for national titles in hoops and football

Reactions: gef21

I'd disagree with that. Kids have played this game their whole lives. Ivy or no Ivy, if they can't play, there is going to be a lot of kids running for the hills. Problem is there aren't going to be too many landing spots.

I played with his late father. Awesome, awesome guy. And his kids are all great kids. It's special to see two them finishing up On the Banks.

And Connor might very well be the best midfielder in the country. He's that good.
My neighbors son played with him in HS, now playing at Brown He’s from north jersey it’s just his summer house but he mentioned the dad to me the other day. Coaching legend in NJ who passed away a few years back at age 47

Reactions: Caliknight
My neighbors son played with him in HS, now playing at Brown He’s from north jersey it’s just his summer house but he mentioned the dad to me the other day. Coaching legend in NJ who passed away a few years back at age 47

Yea, it was a sudden very sad thing. He left behind 4 great kids. It's great to have two of them, even for a year. Really hope these kids get to play this year. We have a really exciting squad who have put in a lot of work. They deserve and have earned a chance to shine.

Reactions: gef21
Yea, it was a sudden very sad thing. He left behind 4 great kids. It's great to have two of them, even for a year. Really hope these kids get to play this year. We have a really exciting squad who have put in a lot of work. They deserve and have earned a chance to shine.
Kids will be ready. Lots of parts...and the few new ones make the old ones better...

The Big Ten is a bitch of a lacrosse conference...but RU will be competitive this year...no easy games for anyone

ADVERTISEMENT