ADVERTISEMENT

RUMLAX Lands Big Transfers

Not sure I would say that. Connor is a unique talent. A legacy who came home and made good. I followed his career a lot more closely because of that. He was a first team All American too.

I have only seen this kids tape, but make no mistake, he's a beast. It's a huge pick up in every way. Based on who we have coming back, I could see us being more midfield focused.

Stay tuned, more coming!

He is the crown jewel of this transfer season. Going to be tough. Every school in America wants that kid. That said, we have a spot for him to plug and play. With what we have coming back on D and in the midfield, you have to think it's an attractive landing spot. Hopefully Connor Kirst is in his ear. They played together in high school and obviously at Villanova.

Experiences like Connor and Colin had are crucial. Kids recruit other kids assuming all other things being equal or better. We have the facilities, conference, schedule, and now tourney success. Programs that win big are self fulfilling to some degree because of it.

Welcome to one of the Top 50 universities in the world and your Scarlet Knights !!!

FYI, his classmate at Penn, Sean Lulley is also in the portal. He is an attackman and as coveted as Khan. In some respects, maybe even more.

No idea where he is going but that would be another massive pick up for whoever gets him. Again, Rutgers would be a plug and play.

Not sure I would say that. Connor is a unique talent. A legacy who came home and made good. I followed his career a lot more closely because of that. He was a first team All American too.

I have only seen this kids tape, but make no mistake, he's a beast. It's a huge pick up in every way. Based on who we have coming back, I could see us being more midfield focused.

Stay tuned, more coming!

Based on the 2019 tournament I think he stays at midfield. An excellent player but not Kirst.

Wonder if RU pursued Waldbaum. Jacksonville is a long way from Medford.

Wonder what is going to happen to Cornell players. A lot withdrew from school for the season. Wonder how the Ivies will treat that.

There is a pole from Gilman that is very good. Big strong long lefty. I’m told by those in the know he was the best D guy in the MIAA. That’s is the best high school league in the country with every team having numerous highest level D1 players. I would expect he will get some run.

There is also a Canadian attackman coming. A Cuse flip. I wouldn’t be shocked if he got some run. The staff is high on him.

Always hard to say though. Often kids surprise. No one saw Knobloch coming except for the staff and board member Family.

Recruiting is very much on the upswing.

What would Bartolo be in a football comparison? A Top 10 Quarterback ?

Something like that I guess. Sort of different positions. The QB on a lacrosse field is the x attackman. On our most recent team, that would have been Kieran Mullins.

Cali, do you see any of the incoming freshmen making an impact in 2022 ?
Not Cali but I know a little, Logan Peter’s was just named a All-American in NJ, but he might be a middie in college, the other NJ kids are serviceable but not really immediate impact kids. I know the guy who coached the fogo and he loves him and thinks he is a steal. A couple of things I have heard
We are getting back a couple of good opt out kids including a good Pole from Michigan. ( I think)
Cali is right about us not being done and we are right there for several big name transfers.
I would also think that Civetti, Russo Aimone and are younger kids who could make an impact next year
A couple of names to remember are Robert Simone and Sean Creter these guys are both 2023 fogo and are really good. Crater reminds me of the 2022 fogo from NJ going to Duke.

Not Cali but I know a little, Logan Peter’s was just named a All-American in NJ, but he might be a middie in college, the other NJ kids are serviceable but not really immediate impact kids. I know the guy who coached the fogo and he loves him and thinks he is a steal. A couple of things I have heard
We are getting back a couple of good opt out kids including a good Pole from Michigan. ( I think)
Cali is right about us not being done and we are right there for several big name transfers.
I would also think that Civetti, Russo Aimone and are younger kids who could make an impact next year
A couple of names to remember are Robert Simone and Sean Creter these guys are both 2023 fogo and are really good. Crater reminds me of the 2022 fogo from NJ going to Duke.
I can confirm the pole from Michigan is back...his opt out was less about covid and more about getting healthy...nobody knows how kids will translate but he was one of the best poles I've seen in high school and club play....if he makes it back to pre injury form, he might be special....I was with him at the Michigan D1 semi's Wed night along with 44 and some attack that plays for Loyola...he's definitely coming back to the Banks this fall...might not make an immediate impact this year due to our current depth, but he's a kid to keep an eye on...if healthy, I love his game....

Hope your well @rufamily

Tufts waxed Dartmouth this year.

The only D1 team they played all year. The D3 Final Four could all do that for a single game, but not for 10-12 consecutive games. Didn't hurt that it was Tufts fifth game of the season while it was Dartmouth's first.

Too bad that Tufts top attackman will be playing for Jacksonville next year. He might have helped RU.

I haven’t seen anything official but Toby Burgdorf looks to be transferring to RU from Providence. He’s a high level goalie. He’s from Westfield with a PG at L- ville. It’s invaluable to see kids like this coming back.

Things are really shaping up for another run.

I haven’t seen anything official but Toby Burgdorf looks to be transferring to RU from Providence. He’s a high level goalie. He’s from Westfield with a PG at L- ville. It’s invaluable to see kids like this coming back.

Things are really shaping up for another run.
Im cool with us turning into Portal U. We just need one more attackman (maybe Bartolo's teammate from Penn?) and I'd feel real good about going into next season.

Im cool with us turning into Portal U. We just need one more attackman (maybe Bartolo's teammate from Penn?) and I'd feel real good about going into next season.

Not to the degree that it turns off recruits. While the portal will be more important as long as the current rules exist, the next year or 2 it will be on steroids. Care should be given to keep all parts of the pipeline flowing.

I think this will cool down over time....while I agree with @Caliknight ....The covid year really threw a lot of disruption into the rosters in the short term...I think the disruption will play out for about 2 more years and then you will see a more normal flow to roster retention and portal usage....keep in mind it's new...and every kid in the portal is not there for good reasons...

I think the perfect mix is still build your roster through strong recruiting, and then use the portal selectively to fill voids and to slot in final pieces to help round out a roster....

The leagues that are doing it the most are the ACC and the Big Ten....and high end one year portal guys are looking for two things...well, three

Playing time
Is the team close to winning/competing for a spot in the NCAA
Education...do they have a program for me

Look, I'm dealing with it a little with my boys....they both got the extra year...I told them the education part comes first...meaning you better sell me on how staying one more year can help you in your working life and go into a program that will increase your odds of employment

Brennan decided to stay in NJ...found a program and BB wanted him to stay...it worked and we're happy it did...while it never got to that point, there were some people here (friends, family, lacrosse types) that wanted him to come home and play the final year at Michigan....but he's finishing as a Scarlet Knight

As far as my other son...he's gonna be a junior school wise next year, he's ahead of schedule on an engineering track and he's got three more years to play lacrosse....and as Cali notes, coaches need to keep recruiting the guys they want...needless to say, many conversations Son2 has with the staff are about getting him planned in for his maters at Loyola...smart move on their part

It's just interesting...but I do believe it shifts out in a couple of years once the covid year has cycled through the rosters...

Not to the degree that it turns off recruits. While the portal will be more important as long as the current rules exist, the next year or 2 it will be on steroids. Care should be given to keep all parts of the pipeline flowing.
Agree

Directly related to players like Bartolo. The Ivies don't accept grad transfers nor players staying on after they have graduated (Bartolo). So for 2 more years there will be an unusual supply of talent. But it goes back to normal after that.

Reactions: Golfer2019
ADVERTISEMENT