ADVERTISEMENT

RUMLAX vs Robert Morris Tomorrow

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
First faceoff is already upon us. Game is at HPSS tomorrow at noon.

Strictly from a goal scoring, high paced affair, this might be the most entertaining game of the year. As Coach Brecht says, we play controlled chaos. RM just plays chaotic. I expect to see a lot of run and gun action tomorrow. Get to HPSS if you can. There will likely be a lot of fantastic plays being made.

Game starts at 1 pm not noon, do not want to be sitting outside for an extra hour in this weather.

First game tomorrow looking forward to it. They preview was good but there were a few things I did not understand. Hopefully I can figure it out tomorrow

Definitely not ideal conditions, but it could be worse. Some of those games the past two years were played in what looked like a blizzard.

They really need to push the season back and into summer. We get great crowds later in the year. The Maryland game had more than the spring football game.

It would be much better if the season started in March.

This Robert Morris team plays reckless. Conditions shouldn't be great for them either.

Crazy to think an outdoor sport would draw big crowds in February. Is there a scheduling reason as to why they dont push the season back as you mentioned?

Definitely not ideal conditions, but it could be worse. Some of those games the past two years were played in what looked like a blizzard.

They really need to push the season back and into summer. We get great crowds later in the year. The Maryland game had more than the spring football game.

This Robert Morris team plays reckless. Conditions shouldn't be great for them either.
It's stupid that the season starts so early. It should go from March to say 2nd week of June.

They have to keep the schedule in tune with end of classes, school year et etc. when does school let out, first week of may? playing
Past that would be tough. Regular season ends before finals IIRC.

The end of the season has nothing to do with exams and everything to do with the tradition of having the final four on Memorial Day. As mentioned above, baseball and softball go well past the end of the academic calendar year.

The end of the season has nothing to do with exams and everything to do with the tradition of having the final four on Memorial Day. As mentioned above, baseball and softball go well past the end of the academic calendar year.

Exactly. It is the old Blue Bloods that do not want to move this weekend. High school lacrosse, in NJ, goes past the end of the school year. If my team makes it to the TOC we would be out of school for the entire tournament.

If my kid was a little older I would go today but it is too cold for him. He will be at the UM game though (with my entire squad). I think today is on BTNplus so I will watch it with him in the house.

Reactions: koleszar

Glad to see you've come around on this Cali. When many of us suggested a later start you were arguing for the status quo.

My group is 28 season tickets this year. Can’t wait!! Would absolutely love to be playing Memorial Day weekend!!

Too many games for both Lacrosse and Baseball/Softball.

Reign that in and the problem is solved.

Too many games for both Lacrosse and Baseball/Softball.

Reign that in and the problem is solved.
What? Can not even compare the two. Baseball and softball will be into the 40s for game counts, lacrosse has 14 not including the tournaments....

Reactions: bigmatt718
Wrong. Lax has 14 games a season. That's not even remotely "too many games".
You will all disagree with me but IMO, 10/12 regular season + 2 scrimmages + conference tournament + NCAA tournament = more than enough.

You will all disagree with me but IMO, 10/12 regular season + 2 scrimmages + conference tournament + NCAA tournament = more than enough.
Why do you think that is enough? And we really are only talking a difference of 2 games from what you suggest.

My HS team plays 16 regular season +counties + states

What? Can not even compare the two. Baseball and softball will be into the 40s for game counts, lacrosse has 14 not including the tournaments....
Right, too many for baseball and softball.

This is college, not the minor leagues. Way too many.

On another note, WRSU needs to start broadcasting RU Lax games. One of the things I love is listening to the play-by-play for RU Wrestling matches. Since more people follow RU Lax in the spring than baseball, they should start having WRSU air lax games.

Why do you think that is enough? And we really are only talking a difference of 2 games from what you suggest.

My HS team plays 16 regular season +counties + states
Just my opinion, as I would prefer for all sports at the college and HS level to follow a schedule closer to the academic calendar year.

I know as we move along that will get harder and harder to do but those are my thoughts on the matter.

Feel free to disagree.

On another note, WRSU needs to start broadcasting RU Lax games. One of the things I love is listening to the play-by-play for RU Wrestling matches. Since more people follow RU Lax in the spring than baseball, they should start having WRSU air lax games.
+1

With a Communications Dept. as big and as good we have here that should happen for as many of our teams as possible.

For those who have it, the game will be aired on BTN plus. We got season tickets this year. My wife wanted them she's sick of watching us lose in football(we also have wrestling tickets). Not going to make this one. We did farm chores this morning and it's friggin cold and windy out there today. She said no way and I agreed.

Last edited:
For those who have it, the game will be aired on BTN plus. Not going to make this one. I did my farm chores this morning and it's friggin cold and windy out there today.
They'd be able to grow the game a LOT faster if they run the season from March to Mid/Late June instead of February to MDW. We probably average close to 5k a game from March on.

Just my opinion, as I would prefer for all sports at the college and HS level to follow a schedule closer to the academic calendar year.

I know as we move along that will get harder and harder to do but those are my thoughts on the matter.

Feel free to disagree.

I completely agree but then you have to make a mandatory academic calendar. My current high school begins mid August and ends the first week of June. My previous head coaching job had the school year did not begin until September and did not end until the very last week of June.

They'd be able to grow the game a LOT faster if they run the season from March to Mid/Late June instead of February to MDW. We probably average close to 5k a game from March on.
That’s what I’m saying.

Lacrosse, baseball and softball are Spring sports. So why are we playing them in the Winter?

It is my wish to as they can both now get out of the Hale Centwr and they can get those classrooms out of there as well and re configure it just for football. Break ground tomorrow. Love whatvthat area will look like. Will look even better when the new indoor facility is built in Front of the Yellow lot.

Cali your wish just came true. $15 mil. gift just given to the new facility. Hobbs expects ground breaking in the next 4 to 6 months.:)

Very awesome. Can't wait to see what the facility is going to look like. Apparently it's incredible.

ADVERTISEMENT