ADVERTISEMENT

Run The Langnan Offense

RUGuitarMan

Senior
Apr 5, 2021
If Vedral isn’t ready to go against Iowa. Our OL is suspect and bad in pass pro, better in the run game. There is no way this offense will put up more than 7 or 10 points playing with Simon or Wimsatt. Langnan will give them a power run option and he can throw a little. If Vedral isn’t healthy, I think their only real hope against Iowa. They are not going to score points against that defense otherwise.

IMO, not a good idea. it would be sacrificing long term development for short term wins. And not even guaranteed wins at that.

Goalline package every play.
4TE sets.
Back to "Northeast meathead football" at its finest!!

The defense won't know what hit them!!

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

So the solution to an offense struggling to pass is.....to make it even more obvious we won't pass?

Are we sure HC Schiano isn't secretly on here?
No clue what you are talking about. Is the OL suddenly going to transform? Is Simon going to morph into Justin Herbert? Are the WRs suddenly going to get separation? You play with what you have. On offense they don’t have much. The idea is figure out a way to win. I think Wimsatt is dinged up. If Simon goes against Iowa, I see a 20 - 6 type game.

Reactions: NickRU714
The time to run the Langan O is 1) like we did today when we need to grind out the clock and 2) like we didn’t do today which is when we have short field to score.

Thinking we’re gonna go a full game and 75-80 yd drives for scores with this O is crazy.

Reactions: Yeah Baby
No clue what you are talking about. Is the OL suddenly going to transform? Is Simon going to morph into Justin Herbert? Are the WRs suddenly going to get separation? You play with what you have. On offense they don’t have much. The idea is figure out a way to win. I think Wimsatt is dinged up. If Simon goes against Iowa, I see a 20 - 6 type game.

So your solution to the OL being overwhelmed is the signal to the defense "Even less likely we pass the ball. Send more pressure and stack the box even more!!"
When has that ever worked?

Know how you help the OL.
Make them cover the entire field.
Put 5WRs out there and put the QB in shotgun. They still putting 8-9 guys in the box?
Not if they want to leave 2-3 uncovered WRs.
Quick release passes and hurry up.
Don't let the defense get set and impose their will.

We’re not developing anyone. Every team we ply has a better QB, including really bad teams like Temple and Wagner

I'm sure splitting practice reps between 3-4 players doesn't help fully anyone develop.

Can't expect development to happen in their sleep. They need reps.

Iowa will put 11 men in the box if Langnan is the QB for every play.

I want to see us pass the ball and score more points. But whatever it takes to win in any given day I’ll accept.

Reactions: Plum Street
So your solution to the OL being overwhelmed is the signal to the defense "Even less likely we pass the ball. Send more pressure and stack the box even more!!"
When has that ever worked?

Know how you help the OL.
Make them cover the entire field.
Put 5WRs out there and put the QB in shotgun. They still putting 8-9 guys in the box?
Not if they want to leave 2-3 uncovered WRs.
Quick release passes and hurry up.
Don't let the defense get set and impose their will.
Put 5 WRs out there who can’t get off coverage and an OL that can’t block a 4 man front and a QB who isn’t fleet of foot? They bring one extra defender and Simon will join Vedral and Wimsatt on the sideline before one half is over. Iowa’s front 7 is a hell of a lot better than Temple’s.

Put 5 WRs out there who can’t get off coverage and an OL that can’t block a 4 man front and a QB who isn’t fleet of foot? They bring one extra defender and Simon will join Vedral and Wimsatt on the sideline before one half is over. Iowa’s front 7 is a hell of a lot better than Temple’s.

Yes. Those 5wr are being covered by 5db.
That Iowa front 7 is already down to 6.
Now it's 6v6.
And if they don't cover everyone? now you have a WR who doesn't need to get off coverage. Quick pass to the uncovered guy.

Your way turns the Iowa front 7 into a front 8? 9? 10?
How exactly does packing more people into a smaller space accomplish anything?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT