ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers # 14 In The Country

We still don't even know if Shawver will beat out Peterson at 125 and Alvarez seems underrated to me. Still, 8 wrestlers in preseason Top 33 is impressive as hell.

Last edited:
I thought Kyonte Hamilton was going to wrestle. I don't see him on the wrestling roster.

Looks like Intermat made a visit to Rutgers. On Intermat's Rokfin page a bunch of interviews from coaches and wrestlers

Yup, came here to post this as well.

Interesting to hear that Peterson is looking to RS this year. Wants to hit open tournaments and get some freestyle experience as well.

I like that. Allows Shawver to start at 125 and then Peterson and him will likely fill out 125 and 133 after Rivera graduates.
This season, Rivera is supposedly going 141, so Alvarez will likely be at 133, if he can maintain that all season.

I still have my doubts that Sammy can make/maintain 133. It would be best for the team but I hate to see him weakened by the drop or miserable trying to keep it. Is there any chance Raimo will be back in action and up to snuff after being injured? At a minimum, even if Sammy can make 133, Raimo will be needed to fill in as a backup.

Reactions: njsportsphan
I also don't think Alvarez can make 133lb weight. Did he wrestle 133lb in any open tournament since the season ended?

I think it would make more sense to have Rivera at 133 and Alvarez at 141. I just don’t think Rivera can win at 141, just seems too small.. but what do I know.. lol

I think it would make more sense to have Rivera at 133 and Alvarez at 141. I just don’t think Rivera can win at 141, just seems too small.. but what do I know.. lol

Well, Rivera can get a top 4 at 141 :)
Once you get to semi's anything can happen

Reactions: elvis7
Yes it is . Rokfin is $10/month or $100/year. It's worth it you get all Matscouts and Intermat stuff plus lots more. Everything on Rokfin you can see.
Any idea which outlet is going to carry the Midlands?

Well, Rivera can get a top 4 at 141 :)
Once you get to semi's anything can happen
At 133, Rivera will likely be weakened by weight cutting and the weight class is not devoid of talent. At 141 he can work on increasing strength which I think he needs to compete at the top level. He was very close last year, making the semis. He has the skill; I'd like to see him a lot stronger and 8 lbs of muscle can make a big difference. But at 133, Sammy has to more than make weight, he has to maintain it. There are a lot of matches this year, so not much time for gaining and cutting between matches.

I'll ask again, what's the outlook on Raimo?

At 133, Rivera will likely be weakened by weight cutting and the weight class is not devoid of talent. At 141 he can work on increasing strength which I think he needs to compete at the top level. He was very close last year, making the semis. He has the skill; I'd like to see him a lot stronger and 8 lbs of muscle can make a big difference. But at 133, Sammy has to more than make weight, he has to maintain it. There are a lot of matches this year, so not much time for gaining and cutting between matches.

I'll ask again, what's the outlook on Raimo?
Sammy maintaining once he's down is just being discipline I know it's easier said then done but it's part of it. Raimo is banged up currently. David Campbell Grad transfer Bucknell is a guy you will see get some spot starts.

I believe he was in a car accident and has some minor injuries as a result.
I heard abt the car accident but is there anything injury specific. Some posted he’d be out a few months makes it sound like pretty bad injury.

ADVERTISEMENT