ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers 7 Monmouth 6

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
We just defeated Monmouth in baseball 7-6 on the road. We are now 19-14 on the season. I am hoping we can finish the season with a winning record.

Glad to see RU win a one run game again!!!! RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

This team is truly baffling to me. They pretty much play the best teams on their schedule tough and then seem to send in the scrubs against lower talent and get kicked around. I do not believe there is any difference in how you view your opponents. Every game is as important as the next and should be treated as such. Yes, I know you try to regulate your best pitching for the tougher games, but it should not be at the expense of losing a game you should have won.
That said, I'll take a one run win anytime.

#230 Monmouth is one slot lower than #229 Penn State in NCAA RPIs. Rutgers is #139, a notch below #138 Fordham. Seton Hall at #79. Princeton is #269. Rider is #287. Saint Peter’s is #294.

Last edited:
#230 Monmouth is one slot lower than #229 Penn State in NCAA RPIs. Rutgers is #139, a notch below #138 Fordham. Seton Hall at #79. Princeton is #269. Rider is #287. Saint Peter’s is #294.
NJ college baseball clearly needs improvement .The cold weather in the northeast doesn't help recruiting.

This team is truly baffling to me. They pretty much play the best teams on their schedule tough and then seem to send in the scrubs against lower talent and get kicked around. I do not believe there is any difference in how you view your opponents. Every game is as important as the next and should be treated as such. Yes, I know you try to regulate your best pitching for the tougher games, but it should not be at the expense of losing a game you should have won.
Are you saying we should pitch O’Reilly and Rutkowski on Tuesday? I get your point, but it’s not that simple. We flat out do not have the depth. It will get there though

That's how teams ALL OVER THE NATION play midweek games. The difference is if you have 4 or 5 solid starters it's not as big of a deal.

Reactions: biazza38
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT