ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports Rutgers Athletics Moves to Mobile-Only Ticketing

R1766U

Senior
Jan 17, 2014
NJ
Igx7ejuIOJbVfxJehXvMCcTZisyhGq-3y6GvyGGLm0TEjlkAGVwxJ2KMhRxtWo06gHV_-zhI9isQYrVUi702zFLycn-inM3WWNHIZHeIJll7m7aJu2nnBYxIrioue29fl6QPVPi7cWAUCkThLps=s0-d-e1-ft

Wc4liiiW0J8X4OuHHjXYQBSth-YjQngyn42dWaybj7Jn7PQOugxIJHA1reEVHPAmkOs5rZ0D8-URAAai8-o0kTtZ0KJ1UdIZEaQily_IHMAnNrGCZh1Swz5SzVGh1E8nOi7D5ZpSp06n3lkBd4c=s0-d-e1-ft

j8dsTQNTTmAKit0OIF_v2v8AIPo4xtB2rRokjkWFD8oeyFI9W4OV6F8lV4ll46V47SCJYGb6hDLWo01SCRMF40TfwmJEXBz8YH-DXxApYkfMHGlGsm2DlWpGA2TWFERaI6tOd3xybZgIEqENEek=s0-d-e1-ft

Safer Ticketing and Gate Entry Procedures As Well As an Updated Refund Policy among Game Day Enhancements

Rutgers Athletics will employ mobile-only ticketing, enabling contactless entry into all venues beginning with the 2020 football season. Offering greater convenience and safety, fans can access their ticket accounts through the Scarlet Knights app supported on Apple and Android devices, and available for download via the App Store and Google Play.

Mobile Only

• Football tickets and parking passes
  • Men's basketball tickets, parking, and hospitality
  • Women's basketball tickets
  • Wrestling tickets, parking and skull sessions
  • Men's lacrosse tickets
Additionally, mobile tickets provide a greater ease of use for fans who will be able to access parking lots and enter venues with the use of their phones. Season ticket holders will still have the ability to seamlessly post a ticket to StubHub, the official fan-to-fan marketplace of Rutgers Athletics, through their ticket account in the event they are unable to attend an event.

In an effort to assist fans through the transition to mobile-only, Rutgers Athletics will provide a series of information throughout the summer on how to manage their ticket accounts. For more information and to access a list of frequently asked questions, click HERE.

Rutgers Athletics unveiled an updated refund policy in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Ticket purchasers can pursue three options in the event of a postponement, cancellation, or altercation that results from the pandemic.

Current Refund Policy: There are no refunds or exchanges for tickets purchased to an event.

Updated COVID-19 Disclaimer: If an event is postponed, canceled, or otherwise altered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rutgers Athletics has made temporary changes to the refund policy to provide options for both ticket purchases and RSF seat fees (if applicable).

• Transfer payments as a credit towards a future purchase that season or the following season. At the conclusion of the following season, unused credits will be voided.
  • Change the allocation of payment into a tax-deductible athletic donation.
  • Receive a refund for the postponed or canceled event.
Please note R Fund Gifts (not related to RSF seat fees) are not refundable.

As always, please reach out to the Ticket Office at 1-866-445-4678 with any questions. Thank you for your continued support of Rutgers Athletics and our student-athletes.

Go RU!

j8dsTQNTTmAKit0OIF_v2v8AIPo4xtB2rRokjkWFD8oeyFI9W4OV6F8lV4ll46V47SCJYGb6hDLWo01SCRMF40TfwmJEXBz8YH-DXxApYkfMHGlGsm2DlWpGA2TWFERaI6tOd3xybZgIEqENEek=s0-d-e1-ft

My only issue is that it makes it a challenge for those tickets I sometimes donate to charity. There is no easy way to give them to a charity for auctions, raffles, etc

Reactions: IMARUFAN
My only issue is that it makes it a challenge for those tickets I sometimes donate to charity. There is no easy way to give them to a charity for auctions, raffles, etc
Why not as the tickets can be transferred electronically to the organization?

Reactions: RUinPinehurst

I often have three cars pull into a lot, and sometimes not all at the same time.

They have to have an easy transfer of tickets and lot passes to make it manageable

Reactions: RW90 and AD888
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (May 13, 2020) – Rutgers Athletics will employ mobile-only ticketing, enabling contactless entry into all venues beginning with the 2020 football season, it was announced today. Offering greater convenience and safety, fans can access their ticket accounts through the Scarlet Knights app supported on Apple and Android devices, and available for download via the App Store and Google Play.

Mobile-Only

• Men’s basketball tickets, parking and hospitality
  • Women’s basketball tickets
  • Men’s lacrosse tickets

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the shift to mobile-only ticketing will provide a safer environment for fans, offering a fully contactless entry into venues and the ability to transfer tickets electronically. Mobile tickets also deliver an added layer of security, guarding against the production of fraudulent and counterfeit tickets.

Additionally, mobile tickets provide a greater ease of use for fans who will be able to access parking lots and enter venues with the use of their phones. Season tickets holders will still have the ability to post a ticket to Stubhub, the official fan-to-fan marketplace of Rutgers Athletics, through their ticket account in the event they are unable to attend an event.

In an effort to assist fans through the transition to mobile-only,
Rutgers Athletics will provide a series of information throughout the summer on how to manage their ticket accounts. Click HEREfor additional information and a list of frequently asked questions.

Rutgers Athletics unveiled an updated refund policy in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Ticket purchasers can pursue three options in the event of a postponement or cancellations that results from the pandemic.

Current Refund Policy: There are no refunds or exchanges for tickets purchased to an event.

Updated COVID-19 Disclaimer: If an event is postponed, canceled or otherwise altered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rutgers Athletics has made temporary changes to the refund policy to provide options for both ticket purchases and RSF seat fees (if applicable).

• Transfer payments as a credit towards a future purchase that season or the following season. At the conclusion of the following season, unused credits will be voided.

So now we're required to spend $60 a month for something which many of us have no use?They said that they'll print the tickets if you present a valid-ID at the ticket gate,but how do you first get into the lot?

I had a similar problem Metromile and their insurance cards,telling them if you don't print them,I would drop the insurance.Why can't the ticket office do the same for me here?

Why not as the tickets can be transferred electronically to the organization?
They have to be transferred to the organization, then to the recipient. It is additional hand-offs and recipient may choose not to give out there information. With NHL there have been time windows that only allow for transfers within certain period of time. I have had charities decline my offer of ticket donations as they weren't physical tickets. However, I hope this will lessen as most sports have gone this direction.

Reactions: RUnTeX
Igx7ejuIOJbVfxJehXvMCcTZisyhGq-3y6GvyGGLm0TEjlkAGVwxJ2KMhRxtWo06gHV_-zhI9isQYrVUi702zFLycn-inM3WWNHIZHeIJll7m7aJu2nnBYxIrioue29fl6QPVPi7cWAUCkThLps=s0-d-e1-ft

Wc4liiiW0J8X4OuHHjXYQBSth-YjQngyn42dWaybj7Jn7PQOugxIJHA1reEVHPAmkOs5rZ0D8-URAAai8-o0kTtZ0KJ1UdIZEaQily_IHMAnNrGCZh1Swz5SzVGh1E8nOi7D5ZpSp06n3lkBd4c=s0-d-e1-ft

Safer Ticketing and Gate Entry Procedures As Well As an Updated Refund Policy among Game Day Enhancements

Rutgers Athletics will employ mobile-only ticketing, enabling contactless entry into all venues beginning with the 2020 football season. Offering greater convenience and safety, fans can access their ticket accounts through the Scarlet Knights app supported on Apple and Android devices, and available for download via the App Store and Google Play.

Mobile Only

• Men's basketball tickets, parking, and hospitality
  • Women's basketball tickets
  • Men's lacrosse tickets
Additionally, mobile tickets provide a greater ease of use for fans who will be able to access parking lots and enter venues with the use of their phones. Season ticket holders will still have the ability to seamlessly post a ticket to StubHub, the official fan-to-fan marketplace of Rutgers Athletics, through their ticket account in the event they are unable to attend an event.

In an effort to assist fans through the transition to mobile-only, Rutgers Athletics will provide a series of information throughout the summer on how to manage their ticket accounts. For more information and to access a list of frequently asked questions, click HERE.

Rutgers Athletics unveiled an updated refund policy in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Ticket purchasers can pursue three options in the event of a postponement, cancellation, or altercation that results from the pandemic.

Updated COVID-19 Disclaimer: If an event is postponed, canceled, or otherwise altered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rutgers Athletics has made temporary changes to the refund policy to provide options for both ticket purchases and RSF seat fees (if applicable).

Please note R Fund Gifts (not related to RSF seat fees) are not refundable.

As always, please reach out to the Ticket Office at 1-866-445-4678 with any questions. Thank you for your continued support of Rutgers Athletics and our student-athletes.

Go RU!

I think this makes it a lot more difficult for people that go to games that aren't ticket holders themselves. If you organize groups of people, under the new system, you have to either get everyone to walk in the gate together (which is not reasonable) or else get each recipient to register for an account and use Google Pay or Apple Wallet.

This is a significant inconvenience at best and makes things difficult for new/casual/older fans.

Also, nothing in the information discusses resale. For those that can't go to every game, I'm sure that is a consideration that needs to be addressed.

Having at least the option to print at home would accomplish most of the goals that they seek to accomplish without these problems. Not sure why they eliminated that.

Interesting to see them go mobile with the parking lot passes, which wasn't an option previously as the actual pass always had to be presented upon lot entry.

I assume if the pass for each game has a unique code then this makes it a lot easier for folks selling passes to others and also for folks using a shared account to distribute individual passes and not have to drop in the mail on time if not meeting up offsite before lot entry.

Last edited:
Also, nothing in the information discusses resale. For those that can't go to every game, I'm sure that is a consideration that needs to be addressed.

they mentioned resale in the details: Season ticket holders will still have the ability to seamlessly post a ticket to StubHub, the official fan-to-fan marketplace of Rutgers Athletics, through their ticket account in the event they are unable to attend an event.

I think this makes it a lot more difficult for people that go to games that aren't ticket holders themselves. If you organize groups of people, under the new system, you have to either get everyone to walk in the gate together (which is not reasonable) or else get each recipient to register for an account and use Google Pay or Apple Wallet.

This is a significant inconvenience at best and makes things difficult for new/casual/older fans.

Having at least the option to print at home would accomplish most of the goals that they seek to accomplish without these problems. Not sure why they eliminated that.

The message I read indicated that the link between your RU ticket account and Stub Hub would still be available. I can attest that this is very easy to use.

One of the problems with this is that for the winter sports, you could not download a pdf of the ticket. Instead it went too your virtual wallet which I have to admit I find difficult to use.

Also with parking passes for BBall and Wrestling, you had to initiate a transfer 24 hours in advance. Not sure why but it limits the ability for last minute transfers. The printed passes did have bar codes and needed to be scanned. Once you transferred the pass the original code was voided.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
What a pain !!! Season ticketholders will now have to bring some type of ID and wait in a line at the ticket booth for every game to get a paper ticket. Ugh !!!

Reactions: ecojew
What a pain !!! Season ticketholders will now have to bring some type of ID and wait in a line at the ticket booth for every game to get a paper ticket. Ugh !!!

Why? Ticket will be on your phone.

I don't like the change but truthfully its one of those things that after 2 games you'll be used to it and by the end of the season you will forget what it was like to use a paper ticket

We still can't get into the lots.
I wore down Metromile.I'll win this battle as well.Money talks.

they mentioned resale in the details: Season ticket holders will still have the ability to seamlessly post a ticket to StubHub, the official fan-to-fan marketplace of Rutgers Athletics, through their ticket account in the event they are unable to attend an event.

Thanks, I missed that.

Why? Ticket will be on your phone.

I don't like the change but truthfully its one of those things that after 2 games you'll be used to it and by the end of the season you will forget what it was like to use a paper ticket
I don’t ever bring a phone to a ballgame and don’t intend to. Most of the time I don’t even have the phone in the car. I don’t buy stuff on the internet, don’t have an atm card, don’t have ez pass, and only use a credit card in an emergency. Already contacted the ticket office about this. I just don’t see why people cant be given the option. Just have the ticket holder scan their own ticket at the barcode machine. If they don’t amend this, people who want paper tickets will now have to wait in line before each game and bring their ID to every game. Boooooo !!!!!

The message I read indicated that the link between your RU ticket account and Stub Hub would still be available. I can attest that this is very easy to use.

One of the problems with this is that for the winter sports, you could not download a pdf of the ticket. Instead it went too your virtual wallet which I have to admit I find difficult to use.

Also with parking passes for BBall and Wrestling, you had to initiate a transfer 24 hours in advance. Not sure why but it limits the ability for last minute transfers. The printed passes did have bar codes and needed to be scanned. Once you transferred the pass the original code was voided.

Ever try to download anything in the yellow lot on game day. It ain’t easy and ain’t simple. Technology just isn’t there yet.

And if safety is the issue, the face of your cell phone is 10x dirtier than a toilet seat.

Just sayin...

There are old people that don't have smartphones

This a knee jerk reaction policy waaaaaaaaaaay before they need to make a decision
Let me say right now, I apologize to all those at the North Entrance Gate D. I will be the one holding up the line as someone tries to search my phone for the ticket. So please plan accordingly.

My wife will set it up for me before I get in line. But somehow, someway in that short amount of time it will magically get lost and I will have no idea how to retrieve it. Happens all the time with other stuff.

thats only if you're the account holder though. Sounds like any season ticket holders who are part of a larger group would not be able to do this because their names are not in the system?.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolv RU
Don't understand the health benefit of this.

What is the difference between scanning a paper vs. scanning a phone?

Never had a parking pass - are they currently scanned or ripped?

thats only if you're the account holder though. Sounds like any season ticket holders who are part of a larger group would not be able to do this because their names are not in the system.

The person who has the tickets in their name must transfer them to the others in their group. Those people would be required to create an account to retrieve the ticket that was transferred to them. So every person in the stadium would have an account (in theory).

In other words, you don't have to have paid for the ticket to have an account.

I am curious about snafus with parking passes. Phone failure or malfunction such as dead battery when entering the lot would be a problem. Cant exactly walk over to the north gate to get it handled in that situation.

Making this mandatory is going to be a source of many problems.

Having to add another app to your phone becomes another obstacle to adding new customers from the casual CFB fan population. Personally I try not to add too many additional apps as my phone is pretty full.

I guess this puts the gameday scalpers out of business ?

Want some good "Conspiracy Corner"?

Gameday scalpers have long been a pain for venue/event companies.
Thousands of attendees that you have no record of.
Can't gather data on these people for future marketing purposes.

"Never let a panic go to waste"

This allows corporations to start requiring actions that they have long wanted to impose.

As someone earlier mentioned "what about after the pandemic is over?"
Think this is ever going away?

ADVERTISEMENT