ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports Rutgers Athletics Moves to Mobile-Only Ticketing

Great News.
I just received an e-mail from Jeff in the ticket office who said that they will print them out and mail them to you for those who request them to do so.

Spending $60 a month for something you have no use otherwise isn't being a Luddite.I rather spend that $60 on a fast horse.

Great News.
I just received an e-mail from Jeff in the ticket office who said that they will print them out and mail them to you for those who request them to do so.

Spending $60 a month for something you have no use otherwise isn't being a Luddite.I rather spend that $60 on a fast horse.

So...

A 21st century telephone, or...

Gambling.

Yeah, that's a solid choice.

thats only if you're the account holder though. Sounds like any season ticket holders who are part of a larger group would not be able to do this because their names are not in the system?.
Probably correct. Reason 938 not to force fans to use a phone.

Great News.

Yesssss!!! I knew my trip to Pat Hobbs’ house and the four hours at the police station was going to produce positive results !!!:):CHOP:

Great News.

Good thing Henry ford never listened to people like you(faster horses) because we wouldn’t have cars today

Good thing Henry ford never listened to people like you(faster horses) because we wouldn’t have cars today
For me,Dumbphone service is a huge waste of dough.My home internet costs me $82.That's enough.

I've bought many new things over the years,but they've made sense to me because I got great use out of them.In 1979,I bought a heart rate monitor-the first one on the market -for $295,a pretty good sum in those days.I also bought a RCA VCR and camera for $1300 that year.Many other running aides were purchased,one of them being a device that resembled a scuba tank and gear to stimulate the atmosphere at 8000 feet.Would a true Luddite do that?I had digital light blinking watches in 1976.

I'm just being smart.No Dumbphones for me.

Nope. I haven't had a ticket ripped in probably a decade. They just scan the barcode. People need to stop yelling at the clouds and get with the future and technology.

Uhh, what I was responding to was in reference to parking passes, not game tickets. Look back at the post I quoted, it specifically asks about whether parking passes have been previously scanned or ripped. I have yet to notice the parking folks ever scan a parking pass for any lot.

Or, you could just electronically transfer your tickets from the app which is pretty quick and easy. I don't understand all the angst and complaints.
Both are options, and having a screenshot will probably turn out to be easier and more trustworthy when dealing with our ticket office. Been there, done that. It can also be simpler when meeting a friend at a game when the friend is somewhat clueless about technology. Not sure where the “angst and complaints” assessment comes from, unless it was directed at others. A screenshot eliminates interim steps for which things can go wrong.

Probably correct. Reason 938 not to force fans to use a phone.

I’d love to hear the 937 other reasons. I truly get some people not liking that they’re ‘forced’ to use a cell phone...but those people need to also understand they’re in a 5% minority no matter how much they hate it.

Uhh, what I was responding to was in reference to parking passes, not game tickets. Look back at the post I quoted, it specifically asks about whether parking passes have been previously scanned or ripped. I have yet to notice the parking folks ever scan a parking pass for any lot.
My bad, I read too quickly and missed that. While they've done that for FB parking, this season's basketball and wrestling parking were scan and not rip.
Both are options, and having a screenshot will probably turn out to be easier and more trustworthy when dealing with our ticket office. Been there, done that. It can also be simpler when meeting a friend at a game when the friend is somewhat clueless about technology. Not sure where the “angst and complaints” assessment comes from, unless it was directed at others. A screenshot eliminates interim steps for which things can go wrong.
Oh I understand that it's an option, but I was pointing out that it's just as easy to do the electronic transfer. The angst comment was directed at others that are complaining about having to use this and a cell phone.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
There are old people that don't have smartphones

This a knee jerk reaction policy waaaaaaaaaaay before they need to make a decision

Typical RU...another example of not thinking about potential inconveniences to fans. I bet they never thought of asking the season ticket holders who pay tons of $$ for their opinion. Just plow ahead. And this business of "contactless" is BS, somebody has to scan the barcode. They want to save the $ on printing, mail etc...

Or do what they did for BB and wrestling. For each ticket you were given a single piece of plastic with a lanyard as well as a credit card size one for your wallet. Each was good for the season. I would hold it out and the ticket taker would scan it. No one touched it besides me. Safe and clean.
The credit card size one was convenient as I split 2 tickets with my son. We each had the lanyard for one seat and the card for the other. That way we never had to swap tickets.

This. They started making this move last year for basketball for single-game tickets, and I was told by the ticket office that they were planning to move to all mobile tickets this year.

Interestingly, before Rutgers had mobile tickets, I would take a photo on my cell phone of the barcode on my basketball ticket card, and then use the photo to get into the RAC.

But when they switched to mobile tickets, I complained about it. The mobile tickets last year were difficult to share with other people. But I found a way around the sharing problem. I would pull up the mobile ticket on my phone, and then take a screenshot and send it to the person I wanted to share the ticket with.
So if I have two tickets/seats do I get two laminates/credit card things or just one?

My bad, I read too quickly and missed that. While they've done that for FB parking, this season's basketball and wrestling parking were scan and not rip.
Oh I understand that it's an option, but I was pointing out that it's just as easy to do the electronic transfer. The angst comment was directed at others that are complaining about having to use this and a cell phone.
The concern (i.e. angst) that I mentioned was that receiving transferred tickets requires the recipient to download and install an app, and register with sk.com for an account. Not everyone who would be willing to come to a game will want to go through all that. Im pretty selective about adding apps, as my phone's storage is full.

Screen capture seems like a reasonable alternative.

Igx7ejuIOJbVfxJehXvMCcTZisyhGq-3y6GvyGGLm0TEjlkAGVwxJ2KMhRxtWo06gHV_-zhI9isQYrVUi702zFLycn-inM3WWNHIZHeIJll7m7aJu2nnBYxIrioue29fl6QPVPi7cWAUCkThLps=s0-d-e1-ft

Wc4liiiW0J8X4OuHHjXYQBSth-YjQngyn42dWaybj7Jn7PQOugxIJHA1reEVHPAmkOs5rZ0D8-URAAai8-o0kTtZ0KJ1UdIZEaQily_IHMAnNrGCZh1Swz5SzVGh1E8nOi7D5ZpSp06n3lkBd4c=s0-d-e1-ft

j8dsTQNTTmAKit0OIF_v2v8AIPo4xtB2rRokjkWFD8oeyFI9W4OV6F8lV4ll46V47SCJYGb6hDLWo01SCRMF40TfwmJEXBz8YH-DXxApYkfMHGlGsm2DlWpGA2TWFERaI6tOd3xybZgIEqENEek=s0-d-e1-ft

Safer Ticketing and Gate Entry Procedures As Well As an Updated Refund Policy among Game Day Enhancements

Rutgers Athletics will employ mobile-only ticketing, enabling contactless entry into all venues beginning with the 2020 football season. Offering greater convenience and safety, fans can access their ticket accounts through the Scarlet Knights app supported on Apple and Android devices, and available for download via the App Store and Google Play.

Mobile Only

• Football tickets and parking passes
  • Men's basketball tickets, parking, and hospitality
  • Women's basketball tickets
  • Wrestling tickets, parking and skull sessions
  • Men's lacrosse tickets
Additionally, mobile tickets provide a greater ease of use for fans who will be able to access parking lots and enter venues with the use of their phones. Season ticket holders will still have the ability to seamlessly post a ticket to StubHub, the official fan-to-fan marketplace of Rutgers Athletics, through their ticket account in the event they are unable to attend an event.

In an effort to assist fans through the transition to mobile-only, Rutgers Athletics will provide a series of information throughout the summer on how to manage their ticket accounts. For more information and to access a list of frequently asked questions, click HERE.

Rutgers Athletics unveiled an updated refund policy in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Ticket purchasers can pursue three options in the event of a postponement, cancellation, or altercation that results from the pandemic.

Current Refund Policy: There are no refunds or exchanges for tickets purchased to an event.

Updated COVID-19 Disclaimer: If an event is postponed, canceled, or otherwise altered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rutgers Athletics has made temporary changes to the refund policy to provide options for both ticket purchases and RSF seat fees (if applicable).

• Transfer payments as a credit towards a future purchase that season or the following season. At the conclusion of the following season, unused credits will be voided.
  • Change the allocation of payment into a tax-deductible athletic donation.
  • Receive a refund for the postponed or canceled event.
Please note R Fund Gifts (not related to RSF seat fees) are not refundable.

As always, please reach out to the Ticket Office at 1-866-445-4678 with any questions. Thank you for your continued support of Rutgers Athletics and our student-athletes.

Go RU!

j8dsTQNTTmAKit0OIF_v2v8AIPo4xtB2rRokjkWFD8oeyFI9W4OV6F8lV4ll46V47SCJYGb6hDLWo01SCRMF40TfwmJEXBz8YH-DXxApYkfMHGlGsm2DlWpGA2TWFERaI6tOd3xybZgIEqENEek=s0-d-e1-ft

So if one is too poor for a smart phone they can't go to games? Or is Rutgers gonna hand out Rutgers-Phones?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT