ADVERTISEMENT

***Rutgers athletics showed it belongs in the Big Ten in 2021-22***

giphy.gif

I’m not a fan of the Director’s Cup argument as the litmus test for proving legitimacy.

I think that you need to show multi-year success in either MBB or football to stop the “you don’t belong” chatter.

We’ve done so with the last 3 yrs of MBB.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
While winning in football would work... the more we spread the word about success in other sports the better off we will be. Why should we ignore that success and play into the hands of the critics? That's just stupid.

Make the argument.. well, you've done well in other sports.. but you still struggle in football.

THAT would be a positive improvement. Why Rutgers fans would support ignoring any success is beyond me.... why? To claim you really know it is all about football? Stupid hill upon which to plant your flag.

While winning in football would work... the more we spread the word about success in other sports the better off we will be. Why should we ignore that success and play into the hands of the critics? That's just stupid.

Make the argument.. well, you've done well in other sports.. but you still struggle in football.

THAT would be a positive improvement. Why Rutgers fans would support ignoring any success is beyond me.... why? To claim you really know it is all about football? Stupid hill upon which to plant your flag.
Because the biggest critics of Rutgers sports never played. Most have what you would call small d*ck syndrome.

We have made leaps in the Olympic sports and it is great.

however to change public perception you need to be successful in football.
Bingo.
‘And we will start this Fall by finally winning a B1G game at home.

Bingo.
‘And we will start this Fall by finally winning a B1G game at home.
Unless NIL really hurts us in unexpected ways, I think GS will improve this team step by step, a little progress each year. GS will get it done. Competition is fierce and results are unpredictable... but we will be a better football team.. I just don't know what that will mean in the win-loss columns.

All I need to see is competence.. hopefulness.. and I would really like to see situations where I think.. we really game-planned well.. practiced certain things to perfection. When I start seeing that I will know things are going the right way. I especially want to see that on the offensive side... that, whoever we have at QB... can run a few plays absolutely perfectly and they are called quickly in the right situations (makes me think of that first Wimsat pass.. perfect choice.. near-perfect execution though protection could have been better and the throw could have come earlier). And I need to see that the plays called play to the strengths of the personnel on the field. Sometimes it has seemed like a play is called for some imaginary QB that does not exist on our team.

Last edited:
Yes
Our Defense again won’t be the issue this coming season.
It’s all about our QB performance. Having bottom of the Conference QB ratings can’t continue.
Hopefully Gavin will emerge as the change catalyst here.

Rutgers athletics showed it belongs in the Big Ten in 2021-22 . . . but do our fans belong? That question is still very debatable. We can start proving it as fans by putting a fanny in every seat for all of our home football games. And how about getting to our seats before the opening kickoff and not leaving in the middle of the third quarter if the team is struggling on the field Then there is the endless complaining about the traffic, parking, loudspeakers, lack of restrooms, long line at the concession, etc., etc. Let's step up our game this season and give the team the support it deserves.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Rutgers athletics showed it belongs in the Big Ten in 2021-22 . . . but do our fans belong? That question is still very debatable. We can start proving it as fans by putting a fanny in every seat for all of our home football games. And how about getting to our seats before the opening kickoff and not leaving in the middle of the third quarter if the team is struggling on the field Then there is the endless complaining about the traffic, parking, loudspeakers, lack of restrooms, long line at the concession, etc., etc. Let's step up our game this season and give the team the support it deserves.
They belong in the AAC.

...Then there is the endless complaining about the traffic, parking, loudspeakers, lack of restrooms, long line at the concession, etc., etc. Let's step up our game this season and give the team the support it deserves.
And how about giving the fans the respect they deserve instead of treating them as replaceable seatholders who should be happy to get whatever they are "given"? There are many many fan families who have stuck with this team through thick and thin for decades.

And how about giving the fans the respect they deserve instead of treating them as replaceable seatholders who should be happy to get whatever they are "given"? There are many many fan families who have stuck with this team through thick and thin for decades.
Yes, no arguing we have some great fans, just not enough. It is time everyone steps up their game, administration, players, coaches, and also fans.

We shouldn't paint everyone with the same stroke, but I think RUforlife calls out the idiots who do nothing but b*tch about what's wrong with Rutgers. They praise other teams quickly but never give Rutgers credit when they do something right. This is the thing RUforlife is talking about in his post.

ADVERTISEMENT