ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports Rutgers Athletics Statement Regarding Spectators

Help me with the bureaucratic doublespeak. Are they saying that prior to March 1 each athlete can give 2 tickets to parents/guardians as long as the total tickets do not exceed 35% of capacity, and that from March 1 on it goes up to 4 no matter what the venue's capacity is or if it's indoors or outdoors? So attendance at the lax games played in a 55,000+ seat outdoor stadium is limited to 4 x players, or approximately 80 total despite the 10% allowed in Murphey's announcement?

Help me with the bureaucratic doublespeak. Are they saying that prior to March 1 each athlete can give 2 tickets to parents/guardians as long as the total tickets do not exceed 35% of capacity, and that from March 1 on it goes up to 4 no matter what the venue's capacity is or if it's indoors or outdoors? So attendance at the lax games played in a 55,000+ seat outdoor stadium is limited to 4 x players, or approximately 80 total despite the 10% allowed in Murphey's announcement?

Additionally, beginning March 1, indoor facilities with a fixed-seating capacity of over 5,000 people will be allowed to operate at 10 percent of its total capacity and 15 percent for outdoor venues. Despite this increase, Rutgers Athletics will abide by the Big Ten Conference requirement that fan attendance be limited to the four tickets allotted to each coach and student-athlete for family members only.

Additionally, beginning March 1, indoor facilities with a fixed-seating capacity of over 5,000 people will be allowed to operate at 10 percent of its total capacity and 15 percent for outdoor venues. Despite this increase, Rutgers Athletics will abide by the Big Ten Conference requirement that fan attendance be limited to the four tickets allotted to each coach and student-athlete for family members only.
God, Warren is such a disaster.

This is no change you still can't go to the games only family members so what does 35% mean nothing; So you are allowed 35% which means at a lacrosse game you can have approximately 15,000 yet there are still only going to be 150 people at most in the stands what a joke!!!

Reactions: dollarbill
This is no change you still can't go to the games only family members so what does 35% mean nothing; So you are allowed 35% which means at a lacrosse game you can have approximately 15,000 yet there are still only going to be 150 people at most in the stands what a joke!!!

If it just saves just one life I'm all for it. Keep peeps out of stands till its at ZERO.

It's a virus. It's never ever ever going to be zero. Just like the flu vaccine didn't eradicate the flu the Covid vaccine isn't eradicating Covid.

My exact point. But the fear mongers can't have their cake and eat it too.

If it just saves just one life I'm all for it. Keep peeps out of stands till its at ZERO.

See you in 2025, if even then. Good thing we didn't shut down as long as there was a single case of polio, we'd still be in the Great Depression.

When archeologists of the future sift around for hints at what killed our civilization,they may be puzzled when they discover those flatten the curve signs.

That will probably be a loooooooong time from now
The reality is it will NEVER be at zero . Somewhere , someplace , someway it will be an active virus . Perhaps under control but the threat of zero covid19 cases happening not within the next several years ...maybe longer like 4-5 . Covid19 is like all the other diseases which develop in countries with questionable sanitation, health or political aspirations. We will need to adjust .

Full. The tweet says full.

Right...and where did RU say they're not planning on full or any?

Besides, I was told on this board RU overruled the other 13 members on wanting to have fans in the stands this past season. I would imagine our role as the conference heavy will continue to the fall and Wisconsin will bend the knee to our unannounced edict- given how that went in the fall, right?

Right...and where did RU say they're not planning on full or any?

Besides, I was told on this board RU overruled the other 13 members on wanting to have fans in the stands this past season. I would imagine our role as the conference heavy will continue to the fall and Wisconsin will bend the knee to our unannounced edict- given how that went in the fall, right?
Where does it say we will?

Wisky and Nebraska have already put it out there they are shooting for full attendance

That's all I think many would like to see from Rutgers...some public optimism.

See you in 2025, if even then. Good thing we didn't shut down as long as there was a single case of polio, we'd still be in the Great Depression.
Yeah....Covid is exactly like polio.

Where does it say we will?

Wisky and Nebraska have already put it out there they are shooting for full attendance

That's all I think many would like to see from Rutgers...some public optimism.

Personally I don't see why RU needs to make a statement. We're not even at MDW and people are worried about LDW?

Let's have a few Rocket Pops before we expect a statement.

Personally I am also more concerned that RU exert its influence on say, getting an NCAA bid. One thing at a time.

Personally I don't see why RU needs to make a statement. We're not even at MDW and people are worried about LDW?

Let's have a few Rocket Pops before we expect a statement.

Personally I am also more concerned that RU exert its influence on say, getting an NCAA bid. One thing at a time.
Yes, the latter is more important for the right now.

But wouldn't you like to hear/read..."This is our plan, join us this Fall as we cheer on our Scarlet Knights in a full house at SHI Stadium against our B1G opponents (schedule listed)...get your tickets today!"

That would be fine by me and probably create a little buzz..."hey, they're doing it! awesome."

Just checked my email and the new one from Rutgers about getting season tickets is really good.👍

But wouldn't you like to hear/read..."This is our plan, join us this Fall as we cheer on our Scarlet Knights in a full house at SHI Stadium against our B1G opponents (schedule listed)...get your tickets today!"

That would be fine by me and probably create a little buzz..."hey, they're doing it! awesome."

Not sure why you want to hear this now. I've seen more than enough events postponed/canceled to know what they say six months out is completely meaningless. No big upside to doing that so far out.

Just yesterday ... again.

Meh. With everything going on, I'm lucky to plan for the weekend. And I'm someone who plans vacations months in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT