ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Baseball Announces 2023 Schedule

Nice to see a couple of night games at Bainton. Hope it isn't freezing

Looking forward to baseball, my favorite season. I wonder what the outlook for the B1G is? Not sure who has what coming back...

Regular Season champ Maryland has 2 of 3 weekend starters and #1 RP coming back. They lost their 3 top hitters (all over .330) who combined for 26 HR and 195 RBI but some of that is the bandbox home field. They do return a number of big bats.

That's all I got

Looking forward to baseball, my favorite season. I wonder what the outlook for the B1G is? Not sure who has what coming back...
I'd imagine the top dogs are the both of us plus Michigan, with Iowa/Illinois as that 2nd tier. Looking forward to USC/UCLA coming in so maybe we can get a recruiting foothold in CA.

Reactions: Jersey Al64
I'd imagine the top dogs are the both of us plus Michigan, with Iowa/Illinois as that 2nd tier. Looking forward to USC/UCLA coming in so maybe we can get a recruiting foothold in CA.
IIRC, Nebraska had a number of injuries to their pitching staff last season. In the 5 years prior to that they won the B1G twice and appeared in the NCAA Regionals three times.

IIRC, Nebraska had a number of injuries to their pitching staff last season. In the 5 years prior to that they won the B1G twice and appeared in the NCAA Regionals three times.
I'm all for Nebraska rebounding because then the rednecks can't screw us over at Selection Time due to poor SOS.

Reactions: knightfan7
UCLA Baseball
is elite. USC Baseball is really bad right now.

Reactions: bigmatt718
No Florida games this season.
9 early games with Campbell, Georgia Southern, and Mercer, Top 100 baseball programs, should give us a pretty good idea where we stand. Solid teams, in smaller Southern towns, where they actually sell season tickets and where there will be plenty of locals pulling for the home team.

The list is ridiculous,
It has Indiana and Nebraska
Both teams were awful last year and. We’re clearly better than both.
Is looks as if this list was made before the start of last season

Last edited:
Good catch (no pun intended) . From the article ….
We have counted down the top 100 programs in college baseball, as they stand in 2022. For the purpose of this exercise, we don’t care what happened in the 1970s or 80s, or even the 90s — that’s ancient history to a potential recruit in 2022.

The list is ridiculous,
A few Yanks from the past played for Nebraska including Bob Cerv, Stan Bahnsen,and Joba Chamberlain

The list is ridiculous,
Yeah, I don't get what that list is trying to be. Is it All-time ranking of programs? A current 2023 team power index? A final 2022 team ranking? I don't really get it. It doesn't seem to be any of those things.

RTA: It's "programs" over the last few years. That makes some sense to me, now that I've looked at it again...

March 7th game at new Staten Island turf field vs. Wagner looks like a nice day trip. $$$$

Wow, I did not realize until today that Eric Bakich resigned as Michigan's manager to move up to the Clemson job. That's a big loss.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT