ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Baseball Opened 2023 Season at Campbell

I did not see it on ESPN PLus..... i saw the saturday and sunday games there

Obviously I have no clue what’s going to happen.
But apparently they have one of the top pitching prospects in the country.
Whoever he is will be eye opening to any young kids we have in the lineup

Last edited:
Good luck, Rutgers. Campbell is a high-level program that usually makes the NCAAs. Good scheduling by Manager Owens...

Campbell won 40 games last season. Won their league (Big South) and made the NCAA tournament. They've made the tournament something like 10 years in a row. The guy they threw tonight is a projected 1st round pick.

Our freshman looked great. Pickney, Cohen and Bowen are going to be players. Santa Maria was flashing the leather at 2nd. Conover really struggled. If he got off to a better start, who knows what happens. Sinibaldi relieved him and was solid. We wound up losing 11-5.

Tomorrow's game is radio only. Sunday on ESPN+

Hoping for the split in the last 2 … the starter had some heat … tough opponent on the road to open a season.

Campbell won 40 games last season. Won their league (Big South) and made the NCAA tournament. They've made the tournament something like 10 years in a row. The guy they threw tonight is a projected 1st round pick.

Our freshman looked great. Pickney, Cohen and Bowen are going to be players. Santa Maria was flashing the leather at 2nd. Conover really struggled. If he got off to a better start, who knows what happens. Sinibaldi relieved him and was solid. We wound up losing 11-5.

Tomorrow's game is radio only. Sunday on ESPN+
I agree with most. But I’m not sure if you could call Sinabaldi‘s six runs in three innings. “solid.“ I am not an expert by any means, but he just looked hittable to me. On the other hand, if what we saw from that freshman reliever is any indication, he will go a long way towards solving the bullpen questions.

I agree with most. But I’m not sure if you could call Sinabaldi‘s six runs in three innings. “solid.“ I am not an expert by any means, but he just looked hittable to me. On the other hand, if what we saw from that freshman reliever is any indication, he will go a long way towards solving the bullpen questions.
That's fair. I am considering that he inherited bases loaded and no outs i believe. He is certainly hitable but he did stabilize the game and eat innings, which mostly preserved the pen for today and tomorrow. Bowen certainly flashed and was impressive. Offensively, I'm thinking we face more hittable Campbell pitchers the next two games.

Is the game now over? Did RU hold on to its big lead and win?

Thanks.

I see on scarlet.knights.com that RU won 16-3. Good to see RU's bats waking up and winning this one convincingly.

Congratulations to team for a big win over a tough opponent. Special shoutout to Trevor Cohen for his tremendous debut and outstanding weekend.

Reactions: Rutgers36
We will be better off in the long run by playing a tougher OOC schedule. While early, the biggest question marks coming from the weekend are the Friday and Saturday starters.

I am glad that our guys won big today. Campbell made the NCAA last season and 1-2 on the road doesn't look too bad. Our pitching must improve moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT