ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Baseball vs. Iowa Four Games

You are not even astute enough to be able to read and comprehend what I said about the first game, let alone infer what I might’ve said about games two and three. Just quit.
Stop making excuses. Like this hire so far HOWEVER we simply don’t have the guts to win tight/late games playing his style, and it’s very obvious, so it WILL get pointed out until things change. It’s okay 👍🏼

Reactions: RUBOB72
Seems like a miracle. We were losing 7-1 going into the bottom of the 8th. We got 5 in the bottom of the 8th and 2 in the bottom of the 9th to finally get a come from behind win after giving away at least 4 of them late in a game this season. At least we are back to .500 at 12-12 but now we go to Michigan & Nebraska. I just hope somehow we can finish at .500 this season.

Stop making excuses. Like this hire so far HOWEVER we simply don’t have the guts to win tight/late games playing his style, and it’s very obvious, so it WILL get pointed out until things change. It’s okay 👍🏼
WTF are you talking about? You are relying on with someone said that I said. Go back and look at what I said. Then you can apologize.

WTF are you talking about? You are relying on with someone said that I said. Go back and look at what I said. Then you can apologize.

lol relax ...didn’t mean it to come across personally..but weren’t you the one Bitching about the “strike zone” in yet another right game we 😠 ? That’s an excuse. Period.

lol relax ...didn’t mean it to come across personally..but weren’t you the one Bitching about the “strike zone” in yet another right game we 😠 ? That’s an excuse. Period.
Yes he was. He refuses to understand we have lost too many not because of a unfair umpiring crew but not having a reliable guy to shutdown the opposition. I just don’t accept the excuse “ well if the umpire’s strike zone was more consistent”. Astute has nothing to do with visually seeing inept late inning pitching. As Owens stated we were outclassed in several important areas. I have forgotten more than this guy could ever know.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS

Go back, read what I actually wrote, which was 100% accurate in the estimation of everyone that saw the game I was talking about. ‘72 is just a crotchety old guy looking for something to bitch about.

FYI, someone posted that the first game was extremely high scoring because the small strike zone in that game prevented the pitchers from working the outside of the plate. This was obvious to anyone who was watching the game. And to support this universal perception there were 18 walks combined in that game by two staffs that averaged less than six a game combined coming in, including season highs by both starters.

I agreed with the original poster, which started’72 on his insipid rantings; not only was he making up things that no one actually said about that game, he turned to ranting about what we would probably say about games two and three, which I did not see and did not comment on.

If I made any excuse at all, it was about Sweeney and Lasko not making plays in the top of the ninth when the wind and rain picked up considerably, leading to the unearned runs that the cost the game.

Once again, go back and see for yourself. That guy seems to like to talk about all that he knows, but he doesn’t even know what he read seconds before he posts.

Go back, read what I actually wrote, which was 100% accurate in the estimation of everyone that saw the game I was talking about. ‘72 is just a crotchety old guy looking for something to bitch about.

FYI, someone posted that the first game was extremely high scoring because the small strike zone in that game prevented the pitchers from working the outside of the plate. This was obvious to anyone who was watching the game. And to support this universal perception there were 18 walks combined in that game by two staffs that averaged less than six a game combined coming in, including season highs by both starters.

I agreed with the original poster, which started’72 on his insipid rantings; not only was he making up things that no one actually said about that game, he turned to ranting about what we would probably say about games two and three, which I did not see and did not comment on.

If I made any excuse at all, it was about Sweeney and Lasko not making plays in the top of the ninth when the wind and rain picked up considerably, leading to the unearned runs that the cost the game.

Once again, go back and see for yourself. That guy seems to like to talk about all that he knows, but he doesn’t even know what he read seconds before he posts.
See this is not about me at crotchety age 72 . What some don’t like is I will persist on a particular topic. Automatically if I don’t agree or find something amiss you damn well better believe I will tell you so. Did you not start complaining about the “ umpires strike zone” or was that your buddy knight72. I commented on why I don’t like excuses for umpiring or refs in general. Some of you younger were brought up in that era I guess. Never saw your Sweeney or Lasko posting. And if those kids did make errors or did not make plays that is all part of the game of baseball. Owens pointed that out. Trust me youngster ( you must be since I’m crotchety) I have played the sport and played it well . I wish Moose were still around.

Finally! Iowa's been hot lately, with a 7 game win streak going into this game. But it's about time we defeated Iowa in something. I can't recall any victories over them, off the top of my head this year. Both basketball teams lost twice to the Hawkeyes. They don't play lacrosse. Did we defeat them in soccer? At least RU defeated UMd in football and men's bball, plus today in women's lacrosse. Maybe in soccer?

We've done much better against OSU, PSU, MSU, and the Indiana schools than against Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT