ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Baseball vs. Michigan State

Weather is supposed to be great. Remember, the general public CAN go to games now. Tickets and parking are FREE.

What a complete joke. RU gave up 6 runs in the top of the first and now trail 9-1 in the 7th. Rutkowski got rocked for two home runs that were in orbit in the first. One was a 2 run homer and the other one a 3 run blast. I don't know what has caused this team to collapse so badly. Rutkowski was hit hard and gave up 9 runs in 4.1 innings and hardly anyone is hitting. If we lose today we will need to win 4 of our last 5 to finish at .500 at 22-22. We had won 5 in a row over ranked teams and if we lose today it will be 8 of our last nine as losses. People were talking we were in NCAA consideration and than this happened. We were 3 games ahead of Penn State last weekend before we lost 3 of 4 to them. We were also 3 games ahead of Michigan State going into today. We should not be getting beat so bad by these teams. I sure hope we can rise and show some pride tomorrow and Sunday.

Today is another day. It is now in the bottom of the 4th and RU is leading Michigan State 6-4. Hopefully we can pull this one out.

Reactions: RUTrack94
Some good news today ... hopefully win a few more and finish .500

A very good result. RU Won 15-8. hopefully we can get a win tomorrow.
were you there today? I went to my 1st RU baseball game today . We had fun. Boy do I hope getting some facilities in place is short on the list. Just some simple stands and concessions and rest rooms. At least some kind of back drop or a food truck or two.

What a complete joke. RU gave up 6 runs in the top of the first and now trail 9-1 in the 7th. Rutkowski got rocked for two home runs that were in orbit in the first. One was a 2 run homer and the other one a 3 run blast. I don't know what has caused this team to collapse so badly. Rutkowski was hit hard and gave up 9 runs in 4.1 innings and hardly anyone is hitting. If we lose today we will need to win 4 of our last 5 to finish at .500 at 22-22. We had won 5 in a row over ranked teams and if we lose today it will be 8 of our last nine as losses. People were talking we were in NCAA consideration and than this happened. We were 3 games ahead of Penn State last weekend before we lost 3 of 4 to them. We were also 3 games ahead of Michigan State going into today. We should not be getting beat so bad by these teams. I sure hope we can rise and show some pride tomorrow and Sunday.
I think we left 8 runners on base between innings 3-5. 5 Strikeouts. The 4th(?) inning with guys on 2nd and 3rd , no outs and all 3 guys strike out? You just gotta put the ball in play there.

Now we only have 3 games left all at home this weekend vs Illinois. We must win all 3 to finish at .500 at 22-22. i see rain is forecast for all 3 days. I hope we can play the games and somehow bounce back over Illinois.

ADVERTISEMENT