ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Baseball vs. No. 17 Indiana/Nebraska

Even with a loss, great day at the ballpark seeing and talking with Rutgers fans. My first live college athletic event in 14 months. New field and outfield fence look good. We still need a real stadium, though.

Reactions: RW90
We were tied 2-2 after 7 innings but the bullpen gave up 6 runs in the 8th to fall behind 8-2. Hopefully we can win tomorrow. I am glad that fans can finally attend again. I have a family commitment tomorrow but i hope to possibly attend Sunday and Monday.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
RU has improved a lot, but alas the NCAA talk has jinxed the weekend.

It appears that the RU bullpen gave away another game rhis afternoon. this is such a shame. Hopefully RU can bounce back tomorrow.

Build this program a stadium...I think they would draw well...It's just so Division 3 right now and on the verge of watching a nice little league facility...A JV soccer portable mini bleacher in outfield..What a joke

Last edited:
The press box is several card tables covered by a piece of sheet metal, scoreboard is from xyz high school, no lights, no seats and most of the bleachers do not provide a full view of the field, no concession stands, bathrooms in a lawn mower shed... Fred Hill must have been a miracle worker to get the Frazier’s, Echeverria(sp), Young, Fenster, etc. to come to RU back when Winter practices were on a RAC parking lot.

Reactions: GoFish2
Normally I stand along the fencing, but due to corona rules no standing when I was at the game Friday. So I sat in the second from the top row. Every time anything would happen near third base, you have to stand up because the dugout blocks the base. I don’t know who decided the placement of the dugouts and stands, but NOBODY realized while they were being built you couldn’t see the bases !!! And after all these years they still haven’t been moved.

Normally I stand along the fencing, but due to corona rules no standing when I was at the game Friday. So I sat in the second from the top row. Every time anything would happen near third base, you have to stand up because the dugout blocks the base. I don’t know who decided the placement of the dugouts and stands, but NOBODY realized while they were being built you couldn’t see the bases !!! And after all these years they still haven’t been moved.
Was someone actually telling you that you could not stand against the fence?

Motor,
Yes. Friday, As I walked over to the fence, there was a man with Rutgers something Shirt, maybe facilities on it. He was nice about it.

Owens said they had a runner on third with less than two out & a chance to win the game three times & couldn't get it done. Hello Coach, did you ever hear of a squeeze? Owens is all about getting a hit. Doesn't know how to manufacture a run. When is the last time you saw us steal third? Doesn't know how to put the pressure on the other team on the base paths. Could have won several games if he knew how to play that kind of ball. Oh well.

Reactions: dconifer
Owens said they had a runner on third with less than two out & a chance to win the game three times & couldn't get it done. Hello Coach, did you ever hear of a squeeze? Owens is all about getting a hit. Doesn't know how to manufacture a run. When is the last time you saw us steal third? Doesn't know how to put the pressure on the other team on the base paths. Could have won several games if he knew how to play that kind of ball. Oh well.

Yeah, I hate that style as well as a Yankee fan sometimes it sucks, but a lot of people are hearing a lot of very good things from people connected to high schools in New Jersey and I would expect us to be a dominant force in the Northeast within another couple of years which includes battling for Big Ten titles under this guy.

I was at the game today. It was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen and I am a senior citizen. We did steal third base today which was exciting. Our kids came back from 6-0 in the first inning and tied the game at 6-6 in the 7th on a three run home run from Lasko. We had opportunities but so din Nebraska to win the game. We held them scoreless for 11 consecutive innings until the 13th when they won on a single, a stolen base and a single up the middle. Both teams made some outstanding plays. Our relief pitchers were impressive today. I was hoping for a squeeze at one point as well but our main part of our lineup was up and I doubt those guys might have ever bunted. I was very proud of our guys today. I hope they can win more than they lose this coming weekend against Minnesota and Penn State.

Folks, remember he is still playing catch up after Litterio did little to connect with New Jersey high school coaches and just didn’t seem to understand he was in the Big Ten, not still at Wagner. From what I have been told, didn’t get the big picture of running a baseball program at a major university. —Seems like it was a contest between Ash, Jordan, and Litterio to see who could give the least effort recruiting.

As I walked into the game Friday and , not that it surprised me, but not a table or person in sight with Rutgers Baseball hats and shirts for sale, not even a table with Free Rutgers Magnets and baseball schedules. Should have 2021 Rutgers Football season ticket brochures, pocket schedules, schedule magnets too. We are not East Stroudsburg !

I was at the game today. It was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen and I am a senior citizen. We did steal third base today which was exciting. Our kids came back from 6-0 in the first inning and tied the game at 6-6 in the 7th on a three run home run from Lasko. We had opportunities but so din Nebraska to win the game. We held them scoreless for 11 consecutive innings until the 13th when they won on a single, a stolen base and a single up the middle. Both teams made some outstanding plays. Our relief pitchers were impressive today. I was hoping for a squeeze at one point as well but our main part of our lineup was up and I doubt those guys might have ever bunted. I was very proud of our guys today. I hope they can win more than they lose this coming weekend against Minnesota and Penn State.
Does he have All his guys practice bunting? You've got to teach it & practice it to be able to execute it. All my guys could bunt & I taught base running with plenty of drills. Huge & exciting part of the game if you know how to use it. Glad to hear that someone stole third.

In '55 when Podres beat the Yanks 2-0 in game 7 the Dodgers manufactured their huge insurance run. Base hit & Snider hitting 3rd, sacrificed & knocked the ball out of Skorown's glove on a tag play at 1st. Campinalla hitting cleanup sacrificed both runners over & Hodges drove the run in with a sacrifice fly. Unheard of today & one of the reasons, among many, why the game stinks.

PS-Snider hit over 40 homers 5 yrs in a row in 154 game seasons.

Last edited:
I wonder what percentage of guys in the Major Leagues are even decent at bunting these days. Maybe 10 percent? Last week a guy on the Phillies busted up his hand trying to bunt. Nobody steals bases, bunts, can execute hit and runs. I can not stand to even hear the phrase “launch angle.” A home run is nice, but not if you strike out 29 times in a row to get one.

I wonder what percentage of guys in the Major Leagues are even decent at bunting these days. Maybe 10 percent? Last week a guy on the Phillies busted up his hand trying to bunt. Nobody steals bases, bunts, can execute hit and runs. I can not stand to even hear the phrase “launch angle.” A home run is nice, but not if you strike out 29 times in a row to get one.
Amen.

I must have heard it wrong, but I thought I heard one of the guys on 94.1 today say the average in MLB is down to almost .230.

Folks, remember he is still playing catch up after Litterio did little to connect with New Jersey high school coaches and just didn’t seem to understand he was in the Big Ten, not still at Wagner. From what I have been told, didn’t get the big picture of running a baseball program at a major university. —Seems like it was a contest between Ash, Jordan, and Litterio to see who could give the least effort recruiting.
The current lineup (and Sweeney) are all Litterio recruits other than Sleight. Owens did bring in the 2 grad transfer pitchers that are weekend starters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT