ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers basketball...what's wrong

TwinDegrees2

All Conference
Aug 8, 2009
Watched you guys a couple of times and it appears that your talent level might be suspect and not up to B10 levels....and I'm not here to knock the players or to flame, but curious as to what's going on.

You're going to IU tomorrow, they're struggling losing four of their last five so they're beatable but would it be possible?.

Is it coaching or your talent level that's the issue?

The previous coach did not believe in defense, rebounding or recruiting. So the talent is not B1G level and the upperclassmen have not had college coaching stressing basics for the last few years. So it will take a few years to repair and turn this titanic around.

Watched you guys a couple of times and it appears that your talent level might be suspect and not up to B10 levels....and I'm not here to knock the players or to flame, but curious as to what's going on.

You're going to IU tomorrow, they're struggling losing four of their last five so they're beatable but would it be possible?.

It's simple, other teams have more talent.

Yes. Pretty well actually. Typically we keep teams well below thier average scoring. We just need a scorer. 2 scorers would be better.
I will gladly trade 3 complementary players for 1 shooter or 6 for 2 .I wish it was that easy.

One important goal of the game is to put the orange ball through the orange rim and white net. We don't have anyone that can consistently do that.

I don't know if I'd say "solid" or not, but they hustled. Here's hoping you upset IU.
Yea, Rutgers only holds teams to the 2nd fewest points in the B1G, and that's after playing Wisconsin and Michigan State on the road, so yea wouldn't say solid. It's not like it's the first fewest so yea not a solid performance I'd say on D.
TL

Reactions: RUsojo
What's wrong with this team? The league. We might be decent in a mid-major.

I don't know if I'd say "solid" or not, but they hustled. Here's hoping you upset IU.

Lol. See below.

As I was inferring in my original reply, you either haven't been watching Rutgers (which is just fine), or your just ignoring what's infront if your eyes to fit the "everything about Rutgers sucks mantra".

Yea, Rutgers only holds teams to the 2nd fewest points in the B1G, and that's after playing Wisconsin and Michigan State on the road, so yea wouldn't say solid. It's not like it's the first fewest so yea not a solid performance I'd say on D.
TL

100% talent. We've had some bad basketball teams but this is by far the worst shooting Rutgers team I've ever seen. No one on this team can make a jump shot from any distance.
Part of coaching and team staff is recruiting and putting together roster. Will agree that current coach and staff need a couple of their own recruiting classes for us to pass judgement. But on the other hand, the Rutgers football and basketball staffs, against those of the other Big Ten staffs, are at the same end of the spectrum as our teams' talent level. Few if any of our coaches are ever hired away by better programs and our graduate transfer-eligible players, like-wise. That said ... go Rutgers.

MONEY!!! Always has been and will be until the B1G gives us our full share in 2021. It's that simple, always has been always will be. Give the kids a competent coach and shinny new toys and they'll come. Seems we have the competent coach part now just need the toys.

We will always be behind the curve on money. When it comes to Rutgers alumni, they have deep pockets and short arms. My siblings and I do an annual "First Cousins" get-together with family members. Two of the attendees are women who graduated Douglass. I am ashamed to admit that neither has ever given a nickel to the school, as graduates. And they are not bothered about it one bit. And both have the wherewithal to contribute. They are not the only ones, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUsojo
We will always be behind the curve on money. When it comes to Rutgers alumni,, they have deep pockets and short arms. My siblings and I do an annual "First Cousins" get-together with family members. Two of the attendees are women who graduated Douglass. I am ashamed to admit that neither one has ever given a nickel to the school, as graduates. And they are not bothered about it one bit. And both have the wherewithal to contribute. They are not the only ones, I'm sure.
Rutgers fans and grads are the cheapest you will fine but very opinionated.

Reactions: RUskoolie
ADVERTISEMENT