ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers beats Georgetown 1998 Video Clip

Fun memory... I was fortunate to have a great view of this shot at the Garden. I was a freshman in the pep band and was sitting in the corner a few rows up from the floor. I thought for sure things were about to take off with Bannon beating 3 top 25 teams and getting the conference tourney semis in his first year.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Was always amazing how we went from Geoff Billet (and to some extent, Rob Hodgson) being the face of RU hoops, to having his Lil Bro Todd skipping town on us just a few seasons later.

In the long run it has worked out. We are in the best academic-athletic conference in the country, have every game on National TV, are recruiting nationally, are looking at going to the NCAAs for the third year in a row, have the great brand new RWJ Barnabas Center, and have a terrific fairly young coach who seems to be very happy here.

Reactions: RutgersMO
Remember this vividly. Was sitting at a bar in Arlington VA. Only one watching the game intently. The bartender put it on specifically for me. I was losing my mind at this shot. For several years afterwards, the bartender would yell "Rutgers" every time he saw me.

In the long run it has worked out. We are in the best academic-athletic conference in the country, have every game on National TV, are recruiting nationally, are looking at going to the NCAAs for the third year in a row, have the great brand new RWJ Barnabas Center, and have a terrific fairly young coach who seems to be very happy here.
In the long run??? It took 23 years !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT