ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers bowl game predictions

Cure Bowl in Orlando, Fla.facing Kent State doesn't sound as nice as playing Texas Tech from the Big 12 in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix, AZ. because of the opponent.
But get the invite, then complain about the opponent or praise the location saying it makes up for who RU plays, when Rutgers goes bowling this post-season

I don’t understand these predictions . I thought we were going to pinstripe if we are eligible
The Pinstripe is the higher ranked/tier bowl, so they'd take a better team...

Big Ten Bowl Tie-Ins, Affiliations​

1. Rose Bowl vs. Pac-12
Big Ten Champion goes here if not in the College Football Playoff, or highest-ranked Big Ten team

2. Vrbo Citrus Bowl vs. SEC

3. Outback Bowl vs. SEC

4. SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl vs. Pac-12

5. TransPerfect Music City Bowl vs. SEC

6. New Era Pinstripe Bowl vs. ACC

7. Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs. Big 12

8. Redbox Bowl vs. Pac-12*
Logistics on the Redbox Bowl TBD

9. Quick Lane Bowl vs. MAC

Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. Pac-12
Note: Big Ten alternates with the SEC between the Las Vegas and Duke’s Mayo (formerly the Belk) bowls over six seasons. Las Vegas is 2021, 2023, 2025, Duke’s Mayo is 2020, 2022, 2024

probably will, but it's nice to think of other choices.
Well, because the Bronx bowl sucks . But I am happy with any bowl this year . This isn’t 2011 or 2013. Maybe if Syracuse gets to the pinstripe , we won’t go there

Reactions: JRZEER
I don’t understand these predictions . I thought we were going to pinstripe if we are eligible
Let's take a look:

OSU, MSU, MIchigan - playoff/NY6 (i'd say a VERY good shot...the ACC/Pac12 are weak)
Penn State - Outback (no appearance since 2011)
Wisconsin - Citrus (no appearance since 2014)
Las Vegas - Iowa (the last thing I want to see if Penn State here in Year 1)

Then it comes down to Purdue, Minnesota, and either Maryland or Rutgers for 3 of the final 4 slots. Purdue likely wins out, finishes 8-4(6-3) with IU and Northwestern remaining. So let's slot them in Nashville (or does that go to Minnesota, per B1G rules, since PU was just there 2-years ago??). Now...next choice goes to The Pinstripe Bowl and, yeah, you've gotta think they jump all over RU before either Minny or Purdue, right?

Music City - PU/Minny
Pinstripe - RU/Maryland
RedBox - no being played this year (don't get me started...)
Guaranteed Rate (Insight) - Minny-PU
Quick Lane - pool

Last edited:
Let's take a look:

OSU, MSU, MIchigan - playoff/NY6 (i'd say a VERY good shot...the ACC/Pac12 are weak)
Penn State - Outback
Wisconsin - Citrus
Las Vegas - Iowa

Then it comes down to Purdue, Minnesota, and either Maryland or Rutgers for 3 of the final 4 slots. Purdue likely wins out, finishes 8-4(6-3) with IU and Northwestern remaining. So let's slot them in Nashville (or does that go to Minnesota, per B1G rules, since PU was just there 2-years ago??). Now...next choice goes to The Pinstripe Bowl and, yeah, you've gotta think they jump all over RU before either Minny or Purdue, right?

Music City - PU/Minny
Pinstripe - RU/Maryland
RedBox - no being played this year (don't get me started...)
Cheeze-It (Insight) - Minny-PU
Quick Lane - pool
CBS-
Michigan- Rose
MSU- Fiesta
Citrus- Iowa
Outback- Wisconsin
Las Vegas- Purdue
Music City- RU
Pinstripe- Minnesota
Guaranteed- Maryland (beating us in last game)
QuickLane- Illinois
CheeseIt- pool
Cure- Rutgers (pool)

I'll take beating Maryland and the trip to Phoenix please.

We just booked our family trip flying into Phoenix Dec. 29. Just realized the bowl is on Dec. 28 🙄, but anyway, plane tickets were insanely expensive on dates before Dec. 29.
Hope game goes into OT and tell the Pilot to give you a parachute so you can jump out of the plane when it's over Chase Field during the 634th overtime

Reactions: Knight Shift
I say let Minny or Purdue have the Pinstripe. A great trip to Manhattan. Take them around, show them things they've never seen before. Send us, literally, anywhere else.
Listen...I wholeheartedly agree we SHOULD be in the Phoenix "slot" at 6-6 and NOT Pinstripe but have a feeling the Pinstripe people will insist to the B1G they get us over either of those two, this year, especially without a good ACC opponent to bring to The Bronx (UNC/NC State would likely bring solid crowds but the rest? Meh).

BTW - how the hell does the ACC have 13(?) available slots?? WTF??!! LOL!

One flight? Not so bad. 4 flights- bad. Plus our kids are still recovering from PTSD of the Flood/Ash years, and there is no way they will want to go to see a football game. They bailed on football games somewhere around 2017.
I tell my kids if they stop going to RU games they're out of the will. They don’t know if I’m joking or not—neither do I. They make the vast majority of home games and have since they were a year old.

Yankee bowl 2x in the first 4 years of its existence, and then not again for the next 7 -

To me its an absolute lock that 6-6 Rutgers will be at this game -

Unfortunately I don't like the potential opponents

Reactions: ruronny
I say let Minny or Purdue have the Pinstripe. A great trip to Manhattan. Take them around, show them things they've never seen before. Send us, literally, anywhere else.
That Bowl should be disbanded. Nobody wants to go unless they are forced to go.
We just booked our family trip flying into Phoenix Dec. 29. Just realized the bowl is on Dec. 28 🙄, but anyway, plane tickets were insanely expensive on dates before Dec. 29.
if you don’t mind what were the airfares ?
Think Southwest goes there ..has to be more reasonable than United$$$$$

Looked like about $800 RT on United for a 2 day trip. I'll use my miles if it comes to it.

Reactions: RU#1fan

(Ignore their actual prediction for RU)

It comes down to the top five-win teams among the Graduation Success Rate. Of the teams ranked highest on GSR that should matter for …

– Illinois (4-6: GSR 90, at Illinois, Northwestern)
– South Carolina (5-5: GSR 89, Auburn, Clemson)
– Syracuse (5-5: GSR 88, at NC State, Pitt)

(Ignore their actual prediction for RU)

It comes down to the top five-win teams among the Graduation Success Rate. Of the teams ranked highest on GSR that should matter for …

– Illinois (4-6: GSR 90, at Illinois, Northwestern)
– South Carolina (5-5: GSR 89, Auburn, Clemson)
– Syracuse (5-5: GSR 88, at NC State, Pitt)
Great chance Cuse and USCjr lose both there games and the illini split...

They were around $800-1000, but that was for a week stay. We got fares for $360, but by the time we added on extra leg room and preferred seats, we were back up to about $550. Someone said Alaska airlines flies to Phoenix? Use Kayak, Expedia, etc to get the best fare. We prefer United (maybe we should reconsider).

Reactions: RU#1fan
They were around $800-1000, but that was for a week stay. We got fares for $360, but by the time we added on extra leg room and preferred seats, we were back up to about $550. Someone said Alaska airlines flies to Phoenix? Use Kayak, Expedia, etc to get the best fare. We prefer United (maybe we should reconsider).

I exclusively fly United since they have the most flexibility from EWR. It is what it is. I love the vision Scott Kirby has for United in the years to come.

Reactions: RU at the shore
I exclusively fly United since they have the most flexibility from EWR. It is what it is. I love the vision Scott Kirby has for United in the years to come.
United took Continental for a nose dive when they took over. Continental was first rate. United is just ok. Do any airlines have DirecTV anymore? Going to miss college football on our flight back on Saturday.

United took Continental for a nose dive when they took over. Continental was first rate. United is just ok. Do any airlines have DirecTV anymore? Going to miss college football on our flight back on Saturday.

JetBlue does and they're improving but still very much a budget airline. The flexibility the major carriers like United provide is huge selling point for me especially after away games, I can go home pretty much right after a football game in the evening.

JetBlue does and they're improving but still very much a budget airline. The flexibility the major carriers like United provide is huge selling point for me especially after away games, I can go home pretty much right after a football game in the evening.
We got stranded Christmas Eve by American several years ago in Dallas. American gave us vouchers to stay at the Days Inn in Euless, TX. I started reading the reviews on my mobile phone, and kept reading about it being hell, crack dealers in the parking lot, etc. We took vouchers and used them to buy dinner and stay at the Hyatt in the DFW airport. We are loyal to United for now. We have rarely been late on flights, and we have flown at least 3 times per year for the last 8 years to Phoenix and probably more to San Francisco before the pandemic without issue.

The Pinstripe is the higher ranked/tier bowl, so they'd take a better team...

Big Ten Bowl Tie-Ins, Affiliations​

1. Rose Bowl vs. Pac-12
Big Ten Champion goes here if not in the College Football Playoff, or highest-ranked Big Ten team

2. Vrbo Citrus Bowl vs. SEC

3. Outback Bowl vs. SEC

4. SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl vs. Pac-12

5. TransPerfect Music City Bowl vs. SEC

6. New Era Pinstripe Bowl vs. ACC

7. Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs. Big 12

8. Redbox Bowl vs. Pac-12*
Logistics on the Redbox Bowl TBD

9. Quick Lane Bowl vs. MAC

Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. Pac-12
Note: Big Ten alternates with the SEC between the Las Vegas and Duke’s Mayo (formerly the Belk) bowls over six seasons. Las Vegas is 2021, 2023, 2025, Duke’s Mayo is 2020, 2022, 2024
I am not in charge but optically speaking…how is #6 better than #7 ?

And if the Bell/Dukes/whatever was a regular one IMO that is better than #9 and possibly #6.

But that’s me. 🙂

I am not in charge but optically speaking…how is #6 better than #7 ?

And if the Bell/Dukes/whatever was a regular one IMO that is better than #9 and possibly #6.

But that’s me. 🙂
Payout I’d guess.

We got stranded Christmas Eve by American several years ago in Dallas. American gave us vouchers to stay at the Days Inn in Euless, TX. I started reading the reviews on my mobile phone, and kept reading about it being hell, crack dealers in the parking lot, etc. We took vouchers and used them to buy dinner and stay at the Hyatt in the DFW airport. We are loyal to United for now. We have rarely been late on flights, and we have flown at least 3 times per year for the last 8 years to Phoenix and probably more to San Francisco before the pandemic without issue.

I absolutely hate American. It's easily the worst of the 3 big carriers (United, Delta, American).

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT