ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers-Camden business school building not ready to be built

retired711

Heisman Winner
Nov 20, 2001
Cherry Hill
I thin @HeavenUniv. asked about this. Rutgers-Camden had been scheduled to construct a new building for its business school. I wrote the acting Chancellor, Margaret Marsh, and she responds as follows:

"We still anticipate constructing the academic building at 5th and Market. The site has been acquired and the old building has been razed. What we don’t have yet is the necessary bond issue from the state to pay for it. The idea is that once the state’s finances stabilize with the end of the Pandemic, the legislature will do a bond issue for higher education and our building will be a part of it. I have discussed this with the president of the Senate and I know he is supportive. But these have been uncertain times and so I wouldn’t want to make a firm prediction quite yet."

The President of the Senate is Steve Sweeney. He must not be as angry at RU as he once was, or he may figure that perhaps the Camden campus will still eventually be taken over by Rowan, as he and Governor Christie proposed some years ago.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Thanks for checking on that. I don’t think Rutgers has to worry about losing the Camden campus anymore. The Rutgers community has FINALLY learned to stand up for itself twice in recent years. First, the Keep Rutgers in South Jersey campaign and then second with the Bring Greg Back coup.

Reactions: retired711
Anything that gets South Jersey building trades guys jobs is ok with Sweeney I'm sure.

ADVERTISEMENT