ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Defense against Michigan State was fine. Our cold shooting cost us the game. As coach, what would you do differently in this game?

We shouldn’t be substituting for 3 starters at the same time. We went from nice lead to being down by 9. Tell the opponents not to hit so many 3’s. We are probably leading the conference with the number of opponents players having career days.

Reactions: Bayonnebomber79
We shouldn’t be substituting for 3 starters at the same time. We went from nice lead to being down by 9. Tell the opponents not to hit so many 3’s. We are probably leading the conference with the number of opponents players having career days.
This is actually a worthwhile topic of discussion. Should Pike rotate starters out more one at a time or go with a secondary lineup with multiple starters on the bench?

Maybe we could have double downed on defense with the hope of generating turnovers and transition points.

I would have went to a 1-2-2 zone and also trapped the wings to try and force mistakes so we can get out in transition to give us a better chance to score.

We had excellent looks all game. Pike even switched things up to continue to get good looks. We bricked all of them.

If I’m pike at that point I tell them to keep pulling the trigger on the open looks, gotta shoot their way out of the slump.

Our issue was and is can we consistently score the ball. We need more scoring consistency across the board. To be a team that legitimately could win the league and make a run in the tournaments

ADVERTISEMENT