ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Encourages fans to enter stadium by 7:30

I think they meant “try” to enter the stadium.

If you are in before kickoff you should get a bathroom fastpass for halftime. Everyone else has to use portable toilets.

• Haha
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
We always like to get in about an hour before kickoff. Like watching the warmups, the marching band, and to be their for the National Anthem and the entrance.
We're the exact opposite - don't think we've ever been in more than 5-10 minutes before the game (maximizing talgate). I used to go in early pre-Schiano when I only had 2 tix and attended way too many games alone, as finding anyone to go was tough sometimes.

We're the exact opposite - don't think we've ever been in more than 5-10 minutes before the game (maximizing talgate). I used to go in early pre-Schiano when I only had 2 tix and attended way too many games alone, as finding anyone to go was tough sometimes.
What does maximizing a tailgate actually mean?

What does maximizing a tailgate actually mean?
Maximizing the time our group spends together eating and drinking - our group is probably more about tailgating than the games, which is why we've maintained 12-14 season tix since Schiano 1.0, while most groups lost people (I'm really the only hard core RU fan in the group - most went to other colleges, but enjoy tailgating and college football).

Maximizing the time our group spends together eating and drinking - our group is probably more about tailgating than the games, which is why we've maintained 12-14 season tix since Schiano 1.0, while most groups lost people (I'm really the only hard core RU fan in the group - most went to other colleges, but enjoy tailgating and college football).
Just get your butts into the stadium. You can tailgate again after the game letting the traffic dissipate.

Just get your butts into the stadium. You can tailgate again after the game letting the traffic dissipate.
No need to criticize fans who have been there 20-40+ years, especially fans who are always there for the players coming out, which is all that matters for our crew. We'd way rather spend time at our tailgate than sitting in the stadium before the players come out - you're free to get there 2 hours before the game if that's what floats your boat. No interest in post-game tailgating, plus there is no traffic for us exiting from yellow and all the way back home.

No need to criticize fans who have been there 20-40+ years, especially fans who are always there for the players coming out, which is all that matters for our crew. We'd way rather spend time at our tailgate than sitting in the stadium before the players come out - you're free to get there 2 hours before the game if that's what floats your boat. No interest in post-game tailgating, plus there is no traffic for us exiting from yellow and all the way back home.
Who said you need to be in the stadium 2 hours before? It would be nice for players to enter with the stadium more than 1/3 full. You said maximize tailgating whatever that means. Stopping your tailgating 15 minutes earlier to get into the stadium on time really impacts your enjoyment?

Reactions: RUDeac
More fly overs means more butts in seats … even if not they’re still very cool (Lakehurst and McGuire only minutes of flight time away!!!)

Who said you need to be in the stadium 2 hours before? It would be nice for players to enter with the stadium more than 1/3 full. You said maximize tailgating whatever that means. Stopping your tailgating 15 minutes earlier to get into the stadium on time really impacts your enjoyment?
Did you even read my post? We're always there at least 5 min before kickoff, so we can cheer the players coming out of the tunnel; we just see no need to be there way before that instead of tailgating, as yes, stopping our tailgating early will impact our enjoyment of the day.

It’s fun to get into the stadium early for a night game with an expected big crowd. You can feel the energy in the stadium building as kickoff gets closer. There is a different intensity. Haven’t had that feel in a really long time
thats my thoughts as well, we have been waiting 15 years for a night like this, make the most of it. Plenty of time to tailgate all day long if you want, especially for those who are retired. I took the day off along w/ the rest of our crew and plan to be there by 3PM for 4.5 hours of tailgating

I’m with ya numbers.
My group lives a several different states, arrives at all different times during the day, and the tailgate is hard to stop.
We’ll get in for the kick, but that is not a priority for games like Howard and AKron.

Last edited:
More fly overs means more butts in seats … even if not they’re still very cool (Lakehurst and McGuire only minutes of flight time away!!!)
Had Navy season tickets for 3 years during the Malcom Perry years '17 to '19. As long as there was no rain or bad winds you got the Navy Leap Frogs parachute team and a fly over every game. So was always in the stadium in time for pregame. Bonus was as a season ticket holders you could scan you ticket at half time and re-enter the stadium for the 2nd half!. During the Scarlet/White Bus days never made it in for the kick off at Rutgers being a big group host.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT