ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Fan Confessions

Well, as long as we're confessing in this thread...

I read the entire Twilight series. Once to my daughter when she was little. So I get a partial pass on that (shoulda let her mom read it to her). But then I reread it on my own (😱).

Watched the movie series a couple times too. 😟

I can't help but feel a little embarrassed by this. I mean, not only are these romance stories aimed at teenage girls, but the movies are examples of some of the worst acting ever.

I have been binge watching all the Bond movies, the Fast & Furious Movies, and other similar he-man movies to try to regain my lost masculinity from having watched and read the Twilight series.

I read the entire Twilight series. Once to my daughter when she was little. So I get a partial pass on that (shoulda let her mom read it to her). But then I reread it on my own (😱).

I can't help but feel a little embarrassed by this. I mean, not only are these romance stories aimed at teenage girls, but the movies are examples of some of the worst acting ever.

I have been binge watching all the Bond movies, the Fast & Furious Movies, and other similar he-man movies to try to regain my lost masculinity from having watched and read the Twilight series.
My daughter is home for a bit after graduating and she made the family watch the first of the twilight movies since my wife had never seen it.

I had forgotten how truly awful it was, and that was by far the best one of the series(haven't re-watched the rest)

Reactions: Jm0513 and mildone

We do a lot of stupid stuff for our kids, but that movie series was wretched. I was lassoed into going to see New Moon in the theater with our friends and their teenaged daughters. Halfway through, my buddy said, “This movie sucks!” in a none-too-subtle tone. All at once a dozen pair of teenaged-girl eyes spun around, fixated on us old guys and daggers simultaneously flew out of them. I swear I didn’t think I was going to get out of there alive.

As a kid that game helped me understand a ton conceptually. I credit game with me being a micromanager as a head coach now.
Boomer talks about these games helping QBs be ready to play faster than before. I'm not sure I completely buy that, but he would know much better than me!

Another vote for Bluey! My four year old's favorite show. She was looking forward to meeting her mates in preschool. (For those who don't know, the show is from Australia so they use some Aussie lingo.) I LOL'd a lot at the Asparagus episode.

Reactions: patk89 and fsg2

Have you read this one?
Amazon product ASIN 1777225124

Well, not only did I watch Gravity Falls with my kids, but I cosplayed as Grunkle Stan at NY ComiCon a few years back.

Reactions: mildone
Posted this before. But I was at the Rutgers v Seton Hall MBB game where a skirmish spilled unto the fans in section 118?

Next to me was a Seton Hall fan that looked like a young Marisa Tomei. Except she had a mouth that would make a sailor blush.

I was so disgusted but at the same time so turned on by her...

I confess that I hated the ACCSN broadcast crew a little less after they mentioned Tecmo Bowl.

Spent most of Junior year playing that stupid/awesome game.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Let me hop off… thought this thread was “Rutgers Concessions “.
And boy do we have problems there.

Reactions: Scarlet1984

We do a lot of stupid stuff for our kids, but that movie series was wretched. I was lassoed into going to see New Moon in the theater with our friends and their teenaged daughters. Halfway through, my buddy said, “This movie sucks!” in a none-too-subtle tone. All at once a dozen pair of teenaged-girl eyes spun around, fixated on us old guys and daggers simultaneously flew out of them. I swear I didn’t think I was going to get out of there alive.

Reactions: RutHut
As a kid that game helped me understand a ton conceptually. I credit game with me being a micromanager as a head coach now.
That’s okay. I tell anybody interested in high speed driving concepts to play the Formula One racing game (using a decent seat, wheel and pedals) with all the assists turned off.

It’s no kind of substitute for the real thing, as it cannot really simulate the effects of gravity accurately enough to teach a few advanced concepts. But it does a surprisingly good job of teaching the basics.

i’ve been reading the original Bond books in order, easy reads and highly entertaining! Almost thru “From Russia With Love”. The dialogue is almost as cheeky as the movies

Reactions: mildone
i’ve been reading the original Bond books in order, easy reads and highly entertaining! Almost thru “From Russia With Love”. The dialogue is almost as cheeky as the movies
I read them all in 4th or 5th grade. And a few times since. Loved reading and loved those books. Also all the Alistair MacLean books.

Hated writing. Boy has that changed. Now my verbosity knows no bounds. LOL

Reactions: borochop
ADVERTISEMENT