ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Fans House Burns Down

I have no idea if they have insurance at all and if they do, at what amount. Not everyone can afford insurance.

Every place I have rented I was supposed to get renters insurance and never have. Nobody ever asked about it either. Suppose it would be different when a bank/mortgage company get involved. Roughly, how much is homeowners insurance and what is excluded if there is a fire, Hurricane, tornado, etc.?

Every place I have rented I was supposed to get renters insurance and never have. Nobody ever asked about it either. Suppose it would be different when a bank/mortgage company get involved. Roughly, how much is homeowners insurance and what is excluded if there is a fire, Hurricane, tornado, etc.?
Yearly it depends, but if I am not mistaken mine is around 1100 or so for the whole year

Jord, that isn’t as bad as I thought it would be for a house. Tons of people in New Jersey pay more than that for their car.

Reactions: jordkap
Jord, that isn’t as bad as I thought it would be for a house. Tons of people in New Jersey pay more than that for their car.
That’s why I said it’s not that bad. If you own a home you should 100% get it, with or without a mortgage.

Highly unlikely I will ever own a house unless my third cousin, twice removed, leaves me one in her will lol, but if I do, would make sense to get it.

HOI is cheap and required to get a mortgage. Renter’s cheap as well (mine only $111 this year fir a 1110 sq ft unit).

It’s incredibly short-sighted NOT to carry either.

From the Football Board
tico brown said:

Before I post an update, I will explain this since a couple of people asked me:

After living in South Jersey for 12 years while commuting to my job in North Jersey, I got a small place with relatives close by so that I can keep going to work before I snapped from the daily 190 mile commute. Go down there on weekends and become Santa Pop Pop to the grands and so forth. I got the call Tuesday before I stepped out to go to work and I’ve been feeling like crap ever since because I rather be the one dead than have them go through what they did. But that’s another session for another time.

Update is that they’re looking for a couple of houses/ apartments in the same area this weekend. Hopefully things will come through soon enough. I have been blown away by all the generosity everyone has shown this past week, from my granddaughters school, my wife’s job, shoot, there’s at least 3 schools in the district I work at who have done collections for them. And of course what all of the 52s here have done for someone who didn’t even go to Rutgers. For all that I will not appreciate enough this board and the people here.

THANK YOU!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!

In case you guys want to physically send stuff to South Jersey, here’s my daughters PO Box:
Alexandria Carrasquillo
PO Box 8790
Collingswood, NJ 08108

And here’s the GoFundMe page in which they will have enough money for down payment and a f

Fire at 47 Bellevue, organized by Alexandria Carrasquillo
At 8 am March 2nd 2021... we woke up to our house in flames.. please help with what ever … Alexandria Carrasquillo needs your support for Fire at 47 Bellevue

gofund.me

ADVERTISEMENT