ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers football: 8 players indicted in credit card scheme

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Six of the players, Edwin Lopez, Malik Dixon, Syhiem Simmons, Kobe Marfo, C.J. Onyechi, and Naijee Jones all face multiple third and fourth-degree charges.

Brendan Devera, one of two players dismissed from the Rutgers football team in July, had his most-serious charge dropped, promoting organized street crime in the second degree.

The other player dismissed from the team, K.J. Gray, was also the highest profile player in the matter. Gray is facing six third-degree charges, two fourth-degree charges and a second-degree charge of promoting organized street crime. That second-degree charge carries a maximum of 10 years in jail and a $150,000 fine.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...utgers-rutgers-football-chris-ash/2283439002/

Reactions: RUReadyD
Again,this is a chance fir Hobbs,a lawyer,to Fire Ash and let Ash fight it in court.This happened under his watch,almost as bad as Flood,and clearly a fireable sequence of criminal events and action of his players,causing harm to program and university.

Well, that may end the prospects of four of the eight coming back. We have one defensive back returning to the team next year, correct?

Again,this is a chance fir Hobbs,a lawyer,to Fire Ash and let Ash fight it in court.This happened under his watch,almost as bad as Flood,and clearly a fireable sequence of criminal events and action of his players,causing harm to program and university.

Sorry to burst your bubble this has NOTHING to do with Ash...pretty ignorant and stupid statement. They did what they were supposed to when alerted about it...thrown off team. You may want him gone but stick to facts and intelligence

Well, that may end the prospects of four of the eight coming back. We have one defensive back returning to the team next year, correct?

Well, there's Avery Young back after a year of experience, and Juco Tre Avery back from injury. Then there's Damon Hayes at safety. That's pretty much it for guys with experience.

Sorry to burst your bubble this has NOTHING to do with Ash...pretty ignorant and stupid statement. They did what they were supposed to when alerted about it...thrown off team. You may want him gone but stick to facts and intelligence
Agreed. I mean what else did they expect Ash to do? Run them over with the team bus?

Reactions: TRU2RU
Wrong..these are his players,ones he primarily recruited. It reflects upon him totally and would be grounds for dismissal and termination. Try and take your fake internet bully act elsewhere.
maybe you should follow the website arrest nation..which tracks sports arrests..
here RU is a frequent visitor under AshError.
.http://arrestnation.com/teamsschools/rutgers-university/

Last edited:
well, I hope it was all worth it.

They lost their chance a FREE college degree at top University.
The chance to play in a Power 5 conference on national television every week
The chance of going pro in the NFL and contract worth millions of dollars.

What they got out of it...

Jail time for many, a criminal record that will make it extremely hard to get a job once they get out of jail. The jobs they can get will be terrible jobs no one else wants.

Congratulations, you all DID IT!

Reactions: soundcrib
Wrong..these are his players,ones he primarily recruited. It reflects upon him totally and would be grounds for dismissal and termination. Try and take your fake internet bully act elsewhere.
maybe you should follow the website arrest nation..which tracks sports arrests..

You are mostly right. But I don’t think this alone is grounds for termination. I really think college football coaches should be judged pretty much at what they do on the field, save for a Sandusky or Baylor type situation.
I can’t think of a very successful college football coach that isn’t a little dirty or has some of these types of issues .
The biggest problem with ash is 1-11 and 7 wins in 3 years.

Reactions: tico brown
You are mostly right. But I don’t think this alone is grounds for termination. I really think college football coaches should be judged pretty much at what they do on the field, save for a Sandusky or Baylor type situation.
I can’t think of a very successful college football coach that isn’t a little dirty or has some of these types of issues .
The biggest problem with ash is 1-11 and 7 wins in 3 years.
Agreed. If they started firing coaches for teenagers doing stupid teenager stuff, there'd be no coaches left. He should've been fired for his shitty record.

Name one coach who NEVER suspended a player? EVER?

Your a clown. You do realize your recruiting football players and not future Saints right.
Every single program has the same problem and no not every person on every team deserves to be on college. There are a number that probably got passed thru ..
HS just to get them out of their hair...but i repeat your are a clown

Reactions: csphi
Your a clown. You do realize your recruiting football players and not future Saints right.
Every single program has the same problem and no not every person on every team deserves to be on college. There are a number that probably got passed thru ..
HS just to get them out of their hair...but i repeat your are a clown
and I repeat,you are a loser..now do we feel all better?
grow up..unreal..

Last edited:
You really can't blame a coaching staff for players deciding to break the law. They certainly don't sit down beforehand and discuss their plans with the staff. It would be like blaming the parents who knew nothing either.
The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the players involved and that is what we are seeing now in the courts.

You really can't blame a coaching staff for players deciding to break the law. They certainly don't sit down beforehand and discuss their plans with the staff. It would be like blaming the parents who knew nothing either.
The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the players involved and that is what we are seeing now in the courts.
Of course you can’t

Complete idiots think otherwise

well, I hope it was all worth it.

They lost their chance a FREE college degree at top University.
The chance to play in a Power 5 conference on national television every week
The chance of going pro in the NFL and contract worth millions of dollars.

What they got out of it...

Jail time for many, a criminal record that will make it extremely hard to get a job once they get out of jail. The jobs they can get will be terrible jobs no one else wants.

Congratulations, you all DID IT!
No one will see jail time

Reactions: TRU2RU and koleszar
No one will see jail time
3rd degree crime conviction=presumption/possibility of jail time.(county jail)
2nd degree crime conviction= you are without a doubt serving decent jail time,state level.
The fact that all were indicted an nobody received PTI is the Middlesex Co pros office attempt to be hard guys,or send a message.

Yeah but you are just flat out wrong. His contract is available online -- see for yourself. There is no "for cause" firing tied to player discipline. Reason is simple -- no coach would ever accept it.

:victory:
In your brilliance of finding and presenting the arrest records of RU football players which i commend you on....great job....shouldnt you also state the Chris Ash era starts 2016 oh you conveniently left that out.

Continue on your quest to get CA fired

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Yeah but you are just flat out wrong. His contract is available online -- see for yourself. There is no "for cause" firing tied to player discipline. Reason is simple -- no coach would ever accept it.
That's Hobb's fault, when he was trying to sell this job to coaches who knew there was a very strong chance we where going to be hit with NCAA sanctions, he should have been insisting on a discipline clause. LOL

Reactions: BlockR
In your brilliance of finding and presenting the arrest records of RU football players which i commend you on....great job....shouldnt you also state the Chris Ash era starts 2016 on you comveniently left that out.

Why dont you post Alabama's arrest record?? Should Saban be fired because they all happened on his watch. Thats not including the ones swept under the carpet.....ohhhhh wait he's WINNING now your real agenda is coming out

Very laughable at least verify and check things before you post it. Just trying to help a brother out

TDS poorly disguised as a bad joke is still TDS. Sorry.

Wow, you're relentless in your quest to fight for your man across the entire internet. Lighten up man, it was a pretty funny joke (and no disguise, given the absurdity of Mueller or Trump ever being anywhere near involved in something this minor) if @West Point Knight, a pretty conservative guy, laughed at it. Spanky, too.

Reactions: RUChoppin
You call this a fight, lol? It's an obvious observation. TDS is comical, I will give you that. Your joke, not so much.

Caliknight & RU848789
are arguing who posted the better joke.
All I want to say is:
tenor.gif

also can't leave out greenknight and BlockR
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Trump Derangement Syndrome - he posts 30+ times per day on the CE board, all in defense of or lauding Trump and I maybe most 1-2 times per day over there and not always about politics. I'm pretty sure I'm not the deranged one.
Eeek! Got it...

In your brilliance of finding and presenting the arrest records of RU football players which i commend you on....great job....shouldnt you also state the Chris Ash era starts 2016 oh you conveniently left that out.

if you took a minute to read the link to the site,it lists by every year for over past ten years,players name and date of arrest. Therefore,a normal person, using simple effort, could figure out who was the coach when say,Carroo got arrested.This way it will not also look like you didnt even pay attention to the link before you posted a criticism,or a rush to judgement to make sure your Ashlove Club card is still valid.

if you took a minute to read the link to the site,it lists by every year for over past ten years,players name and date of arrest. Therefore,a normal person, using simple effort, could figure out who was the coach when say,Carroo got arrested.This way it will not also look like you didnt even pay attention to the link before you posted a criticism,or a rush to judgement to make sure your Ashlove Club card is still valid.
Negative my man. I know perfectly well what i read and where you were going with it. I just called you out on it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT