ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Football being talked up at AFC Championship Game!

Two weeks from tonight you can throw Mohammed Sanu into the discussion also.

Glad RU guys did well but that was one boring game - as was the GB vs ATL game. Worst championship weekend I can remember

To bad Schiano didn't stay.

What a waste of time it was for him to go to the Bucs where recruiting doesn't matter. He was really building something at RU.

Glad RU guys did well but that was one boring game - as was the GB vs ATL game. Worst championship weekend I can remember

Worst three rounds of playoffs ever. I think the only compelling game was GB/Dallas. KC/Pitt and Giants/GB were decent. Miami just showed up in Pittsburgh to get a check like Howard and Norfolk St does to us.

I don't think it really helps recruiting in any real measurable manner. We only notice it because we are hyper-sensitive to all things RU.
I disagree. Any good publicity like that only helps. Our coaches can remind kids that when they all stayed we had some great teams.

Look at PSU and all that they went through. How did they build it back up? Tradition. We have very little but having it talked about on National TV and having our former players doing well helps a lot.

Reactions: Loyal-Son and KevH
I don't think it really helps recruiting in any real measurable manner. We only notice it because we are hyper-sensitive to all things RU.

Better than the alternative... either negative talk or no talk at all. It's up to Ash and Co. to parlay this into whatever they can on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I don't see how it helps with recruiting when the guy who got those guys into the NFL is at Ohio State. Ash and co. had ZERO to do with those guys being in the NFL. There was a time when South Florida was producing NFL players and ranked in the top 10.

I don't see how it helps with recruiting when the guy who got those guys into the NFL is at Ohio State. Ash and co. had ZERO to do with those guys being in the NFL. There was a time when South Florida was producing NFL players and ranked in the top 10.

Where it helps is the conceptual idea that you can go to a school like Rutgers and still be able to not only make it to the NFL but be a productive starter. The recruiting pitch against Rutgers now can't be "don't go there, you'll never make it to the NFL."

So it does help that it is talked about and publicized and written about. What that translates into actual signed recruits i'm not sure, but it definitely is a positive.

Reactions: Loyal-Son and KevH

You're apparently not in sales (which is all recruiting is). You always emphasize the positives and NEVER talk about anything that won't help you close the deal.

I understand that, I just think it's being overstated. It's a different coaching staff. They are in the NFL because we were good a decade ago. Rutgers didn't lose 78-0 when Devin McCourty was on the team.

I understand that, I just think it's being overstated. It's a different coaching staff. They are in the NFL because we were good a decade ago. Rutgers didn't lose 78-0 when Devin McCourty was on the team.
That's the point. Before we got kids like McCourty we were getting crushed. When they started coming we did well.

"Coached like pros at Rutgers." Say what you want about Schiano, the man knows how to develop defensive talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT