ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers football on pace to set attendance record: Will it last through 2nd half of 2022 season?

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
But figures obtained by NJ Advance Media show Rutgers’ announced attendance was far greater than the actual attendance.

Through three games, Rutgers’ actual-attendance average — the number of tickets scanned — is 31,194. That marks a 23.1% increase from 2021, when Rutgers’ average actual-attendance was 25,347 fans per game, but remains well shy of the announced figures.

So taking into account the scanning issues, particularly for Wagner, actual fannies in seats was probably 35-36,000. Given there were greater pandemic issues in '21 than '22 the increase doesn't mean much. Final question is "distributed", how many were sold and how many were freebies? From a revenue point of view, if they were sold it's not a big deal if they don't show up.

So taking into account the scanning issues, particularly for Wagner, actual fannies in seats was probably 35-36,000. Given there were greater pandemic issues in '21 than '22 the increase doesn't mean much. Final question is "distributed", how many were sold and how many were freebies? From a revenue point of view, if they were sold it's not a big deal if they don't show up.

Exactly.
All that matters is tickets sold and avg cost per ticket (ticket revenue).

If they sell out the stadium and parking but 10 people show up? We're still ahead.

Who does consession revenue work?

As long as the paid attendance is moving upwards I'm not complaining.
But it would be nice to hear all the tickets sold for the games were scanned at the gate
entering SHI

Reactions: Jimpeg
Wait a second Nuts guaranteed we had 50,000 in the stadium for the Iowa game and had pictures to prove it. I guess the scanners were wrong and we didn’t only have 35,000 in the stadium. lmao

Wait a second Nuts guaranteed we had 50,000 in the stadium for the Iowa game and had pictures to prove it. I guess the scanners were wrong and we didn’t only have 35,000 in the stadium. lmao

Given the Wagner game is included, I'd suggest that while the stands were not full attendance it was above the 35,000 average.

For some, there will always be something to complain about.
I tend to look for things like this:
>RU has “sold a total of 21,260 season tickets" for the 2022 season, a "6.2% increase from the 20,050 it sold in the 2021 season and a 26.1% increase from the 16,863 it sold in 2019 season."<
But do hope for the number of season tickets sold for the 2023 season equal the Cornhusker game attendance that many in this thread are making an issue about.

You have to be on the spectrum to believe those numbers. The stadium was pretty damn packed the last 2 games and I give the AD lots of shit over attendance.

Reactions: RutgersNo1
Michigan might set an attendance record on Saturday for the largest number of Big Ten fans to ever invade a road stadium.

Seriously though, shame on the Rutgers athletic department for blatantly lying about attendance figures all year. An embarrassment to the university.

Michigan might set an attendance record on Saturday for the largest number of Big Ten fans to ever invade a road stadium.

Seriously though, shame on the Rutgers athletic department for blatantly lying about attendance figures all year. An embarrassment to the university.
It takes a really incompetent, severely IQ challenged troll to troll threads started by moderators. 🤣

In before the ban. It’s been so nice knowing you.

ADVERTISEMENT