ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Football on The B1G Show Tonight and Tomorrow-

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Rutgers, Maryland and Penn State were featured on The B1G Show on BTN at 9 and 10 p.m. this Wednesday. It will repeat at 12 midnight, Thursday at 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 5 a.m., 6 a.m. 8 a.m., 10 a.m. and 12 noon, and perhaps at 6 p.m.

The segment on Rutgers was good. They interview Greg, focused on the QB competition, and interviewed Avery Young and Aron Cruickshank.

Interspersed thought The B1G Show featuring the three teams, the BTN will feature mostly Penn State, two Maryland and zero Rutgers football games. They will also show 1995 Ohio State and Notre Dame and the 2022 Rose Bowl featuring Ohio State, because they can never have enough Ohio State content.

Reactions: DirtyRU
I thought it left a lot to be desired. As I've said in other threads, The ACC Network gave each team their own hour. Rutgers, PSU, anf UMd each got about 15 minutes.

I guess replays of football games from 15 years ago are more important.
Agreed. This is the biggest complaint about BTN they cheap out with the coverage. It’s not only the lead in to football season. With all of the available content and live action available they still show meaningless OSU bowl games from 1998. Not that I watch a tremendous amount of SEC or ACC network but their lineup year round is noticeably better than BTN. ACC and SEC regularly show live or tape delayed Olympic sports during the week rather than glory day reruns.

I thought it left a lot to be desired. As I've said in other threads, The ACC Network gave each team their own hour. Rutgers, PSU, anf UMd each got about 15 minutes.

I guess replays of football games from 15 years ago are more important.
Especially Ohio State and Penn State games from the 1980s. As much as I hate to say it, the SEC network seems to have a lot more CURRENT content.

But as to the camps, it would have been nice to have some more in depth content.

Agreed. This is the biggest complaint about BTN with all of the available content and live action available they still show meaningless OSU bowl games from 1998. Not that I watch a tremendous amount of SEC or ACC network but their lineup year round is noticeably better than BTN. ACC and SEC regularly show live or tape delayed Olympic sports during the week rather than glory day reruns.
Best Friends Bff GIF by reactionseditor

Reactions: newell138
I'm not surprised if Rutgers and Maryland got little time since they might not have a lot of BTN viewers. But PSU must have tons.

I'm not surprised if Rutgers and Maryland got little time since they might not have a lot of BTN viewers. But PSU must have tons.
That is not the point-- each team got equal time on the B1G show. The point is showing reruns of old games that even fans of Ohio State probably have little interest in watching versus checking out CURRENT content of how the other teams in the conference are preparing for the season. The segments on Maryland and Penn State were interesting to see where they were at. In particular, Maryland's QB was interviewed, and he was quite frank that he still has to work to keep his emotions under control on the field.

Didn’t they used to do a whole show dedicated to each stop on the bus tour ?! I can remember them setting up the booth near the practice field, doing at least 1 seven ent with a 5-10m coach interview. 5-10m of player interviews and then doing about 20m of the analysts on the booth discussing what they saw and their outlook in pretty deep detail and usually had lots of interesting nuggets on what they saw.

Why / when did they start combining them condensed into one show ?!

That’s so bush league and doesn’t even make sense. They were there for a day and have more than enough to fill an hour and therefore produce more content for their network .

Didn’t they used to do a whole show dedicated to each stop on the bus tour ?! I can remember them setting up the booth near the practice field, doing at least 1 seven ent with a 5-10m coach interview. 5-10m of player interviews and then doing about 20m of the analysts on the booth discussing what they saw and their outlook in pretty deep detail and usually had lots of interesting nuggets on what they saw.

Why / when did they start combining them condensed into one show ?!

That’s so bush league and doesn’t even make sense. They were there for a day and have more than enough to fill an hour and therefore produce more content for their network .
Yes, and agree it is bush league.

That is not the point-- each team got equal time on the B1G show. The point is showing reruns of old games that even fans of Ohio State probably have little interest in watching versus checking out CURRENT content of how the other teams in the conference are preparing for the season. The segments on Maryland and Penn State were interesting to see where they were at. In particular, Maryland's QB was interviewed, and he was quite frank that he still has to work to keep his emotions under control on the field.
It suggests a lot of fans do want to see old games, though that seems odd. Or else they're trying to save the money it costs to produce these pieces, though that could hardly cost much money and they're coming into a big windfall. Or else--they're led by a numbskull who proves the Peter Principle correct. Your guess is as good as mine.

Today was Ohio State and Michigan. It was a slobberfest.

They reverted back to Penn State and Maryland.

Expecting Rutgers up next, at about 6:45.

EDIT: Welp, nope. No Rutgers. Back to Ohio State.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT