ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Football Student Season Tickets--$99

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
The 2015 seven game student season ticket package is $99. Call the ticket office at 866-445-4678 Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00.

Seeing this announcement raises a few questions and comments:

1. anyone know how heavily RU promotes seasons' tix among the student body?
2. last year we heard that student seasons' tix sold out but nobody knew how many that was. Was it just 1000 or so, or perhaps more? Given the irregular student attendance last season - just the PSU and Michigan games had full student sections and the Tulane, Wisconsin, and IU games weren't even close - I would like to see them raise the limit to at least 5000, if there is sufficient demand.
3. does anyone know if the student tailgating issue has been resolved? According to what many here were saying, that was a big factor in the low student attendance at half the games.

The students are such an important factor in our home field advantage. I hope that the University is doing everything possible to ensure the maximum student turnout.

Eco,
I would like to see RU sell as many as possible and that includes a strong promotional effort to the Rutgers students in Camden,Newark,Freehold,Mays Landing,North Branch,Mercer County,etc. I know,I know,the New Brunswick student fee blah blah blah, so charge $125 for those student season tickets. It just doesn't make any sense to not make any effort to reach out to (roughly) 40% of Rutgers students.

ADVERTISEMENT