ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Gets Dominant Pitcher Transfer from Seton Hall

This is actually an excellent addition. He absolutely dominated the Big East in the second half of the season. Throws in the mid 90s and has two years left to play. In-state legacy kid probably not even taking up any scholarship money.

This is actually an excellent addition. He absolutely dominated the Big East in the second half of the season. Throws in the mid 90s and has two years left to play. In-state legacy kid probably not even taking up any scholarship money.
Why would you think he isn't receiving any scholarship money?

There are only 11.7 scholarships allowed. I would have to think that a couple, like Ryan Lasko, get a full. You would have to have a certain number of solid players not on scholarship to be successful. I was told that lineup players are more likely to get scholarship money. I don’t know whether or not his performance to date would cause him to get any scholarship money given the limits. I don’t think we will ever know.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
There are only 11.7 scholarships allowed. I would have to think that a couple, like Ryan Lasko, get a full. You would have to have a certain number of solid players not on scholarship to be successful. I was told that lineup players are more likely to get scholarship money. I don’t know whether or not his performance to date would cause him to get any scholarship money given the limits. I don’t think we will ever know.
Excellent response. Just like soccer, lax, some other sports, NOT everyone gets ATHLETIC scholarship money. There are others ways to get them $$$ if necessary, however, even if it covers 25 or 50% a semester.

I would think that all scholarship money has been allocated for next year at this point in time. Some money could become available should a player receiving money be drafted, sign as a free agent, or transfer out.

When I was playing, it was starters and pitchers who got the most money..not sure if that strategy has changed

ADVERTISEMENT