ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Grad Creates Latest Tailgating game Sensation QB54 (Folding Chair Football Game)

msilva31

Redshirt
Sep 3, 2009
Guys

check our new product we are bringing to market this October. I will be at all tailgates playing, let me know if you are interested in purchasing, below is a youtube link to footage of the game in action.
Check out our Kickstarter Campaign as well, please help out a Rutgers Alum make this dream into a reality and put Rutgers on the map yet again!! Rutgers the birthplace of College Football and QB54.

Youtube Clip

Kickstarter Campaign

Thank you for the support and Can't wait to see you at the game!

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Guys

We get our shipment in this coming week. We will ship out immediately. Best tailgating game on the planet and makes an awesome XMAS gift. Check us out at www.playQB54.com.

Mike

I saw this at the Iowa tailgate in the yellow lot. Pretty interesting guys good luck!

Guys

check our new product we are bringing to market this October. I will be at all tailgates playing, let me know if you are interested in purchasing, below is a youtube link to footage of the game in action.
Check out our Kickstarter Campaign as well, please help out a Rutgers Alum make this dream into a reality and put Rutgers on the map yet again!! Rutgers the birthplace of College Football and QB54.

Youtube Clip

Kickstarter Campaign

Thank you for the support and Can't wait to see you at the game!
The kids are ADORABLE and a great way to market to show easy to set up, play, pack up etc. Great idea and looks like a lot of fun. Is there a RED version (relating to RUtgers) available or only blue?

Is there a block R I'm missing? Would be nice to have that option, especially considering it's a creation of a Rutgers alum. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. Right now we are only in blue as you see here, but I am looking into to pursuing licensing from Rutgers. If anyone knows some contacts in the licensing department, please let me know, shoot me an email at teamsilvaenterprises@gmail.com. Would love to get Rutgers version of QB54. We could also take it one step further and have a portion of the proceeds from the Rutgers QB54 chairs go towards the Eric LeGrande Foundation, ultimately we would like to give back to charities that help out high school or college athletes that have been permanently disabled while playing their sport.

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. Right now we are only in blue as you see here, but I am looking into to pursuing licensing from Rutgers. If anyone knows some contacts in the licensing department, please let me know, shoot me an email at teamsilvaenterprises@gmail.com. Would love to get Rutgers version of QB54. We could also take it one step further and have a portion of the proceeds from the Rutgers QB54 chairs go towards the Eric LeGrande Foundation, ultimately we would like to give back to charities that help out high school or college athletes that have been permanently disabled while playing their sport.

Rutgers and most other large university licensing runs through the CLC and is not directly handled by the university.

http://www.clc.com/

Thanks Jason, very helpful, but I did not see Rutgers on the list. There is a huge list of schools on there though

What jason said.. IMG links to CLC for licensing and Rutgers was on the scroll of their "properties" at imgcollege

http://www.imgcollege.com/our-properties/colleges-universities/rutgers-university

The kickstarter campaign page needs work.. express confidence, not the quip about not being technically savvy.

As for the game.. 40 feet is a lot to ask of a tailgate area. I think the game itself is where the problem lies. A game of touch or catch using the same space is more fun. Might be better as a beach chair because there is often more room on a beach.

Rethink the chair thing a bit.. you are onto something there.. making use of these things that every tailgate already has. Maybe an add-on that works with most chairs that people can play a game with even while seated. Hmm.. smartphones and apps probably got that covered. What about a "caddy" for the arm of a fold-up chair to house a battery/charger device for smart phones, bluetooth speakers (also in a caddy) ... eh... GOOD LUCK

shopping

Last edited:
Good luck - I like it.

Should get extra points for William Tell field goal - teammate has to sit in chair during try.

Looks like chair can't stay put with weight of real football. Might want to demo with a nerf.

front pockets on the seat flap that could hold 4 beers or other tailgate stuff might help keep it from tipping back.

What jason said.. IMG links to CLC for licensing and Rutgers was on the scroll of their "properties" at imgcollege

http://www.imgcollege.com/our-properties/colleges-universities/rutgers-university

The kickstarter campaign page needs work.. express confidence, not the quip about not being technically savvy.

As for the game.. 40 feet is a lot to ask of a tailgate area. I think the game itself is where the problem lies. A game of touch or catch using the same space is more fun. Might be better as a beach chair because there is often more room on a beach.

Rethink the chair thing a bit.. you are onto something there.. making use of these things that every tailgate already has. Maybe an add-on that works with most chairs that people can play a game with even while seated. Hmm.. smartphones and apps probably got that covered. What about a "caddy" for the arm of a fold-up chair to house a battery/charger device for smart phones, bluetooth speakers (also in a caddy) ... eh... GOOD LUCK

shopping

GOR - that's the chair I got as a gift from my wife - it's a great chair...

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback and info. We have been to many tailgates both NFL and college and we have not seen an issue on space. 40 feet is not set in stone, you can space it out according to skill level or even due to restricted space options. Regarding the chair tipping over, on grass you can use tent spikes to secure it through the footing of the chair, and on pavement we are thinking about sandbags for the front feet. Check out these links here:

Mike

One more helpful hint.....make the net removable and it doubles as a camping toilet - You are welcome! Just kidding - Best of luck. It is pretty cool

RAA-1 - Honestly, for our first shipment, we wanted to go with a more neutral color that might appeal to the masses vs. one that would appeal to a smaller population like red, to test the market, and that wasn't based on any specific team color. It started from using a chair at Modell's which happened to be navy, and we liked it. In the first video posted here, those are Modell's chairs that I had my Mother in Law make for us as a prototype. As mentioned before we definitely want to pursue licensing with Rutgers, as we definitely see a big demand here. Thanks for your feedback.

I was just kidding. It looks like a great product and I wish you well with bringing it to market. :football:

RAA-1 Thanks for the love brother. Please share with your friends, we want to make this huge and we want the Birthplace of QB54 to be right here at RU, where it should be.

ADVERTISEMENT