ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Hoops beats FDU, 96-75

Young is NBA good at speed closing to the hole and finishing - super impressive!
Young has elite level speed (and especially quickness off of cuts) for any sport. Would love to see what he could do as a punt returner and slot-back in football.

Reactions: Scangg
Paul was very good the first game. This game looked like the first few games his freshman year.

At the bottom of Page 5 of the Media Guide it states that it is pronounced like the previous Omoruyi - obviously needs a re-visit
"Pronunciations
Mamadou Doucoure ............................................................................................MOM-uh-do do-core-A
Mawot Mag.............................................................................................................MUH - watt
Montez Mathis ....................................................................................................... mahn-TEZ
Paul Mulcahy ........................................................................................................... mull-KAY-he
Cliff Omoruyi............................................................................................................Oh-mo-ROO-ye
Steve Pikiell .............................................................................................................PIKE-uhl
Dean Reiber .........................................................................................................Ree - burr "
On the radio they pronounced Big Cliff as Oh-More-ee which I thought odd...

I don't like the lineup of Young, Mathis, Mulcahy - on the floor together. I rather see Ron at the 3 and Mag at the 4. Bring Paul or Young first off the bench. Preferably Paul

Reactions: RUsojo
Young has elite level speed (and especially quickness off of cuts) for any sport. Would love to see what he could do as a punt returner and slot-back in football.

Young looks 5x faster than anyone else

I don't like the lineup of Young, Mathis, Mulcahy - on the floor together. I rather see Ron at the 3 and Mag at the 4. Bring Paul or Young first off the bench. Preferably Paul
Paul is starting until Geo gets back. Mathis and Young are fine starting. Paul had an off game. You could say Cliff had an off game as well, if you want to be picky.

Sometimes I wish it was just 4x. A few times his legs move faster than his dribble.
Young took over the game when it was time to and probably more importantly when he was ready/comfortable to take over the game. Did everyone see that? He put the game out of reach. He and Harper.

Paul is starting until Geo gets back. Mathis and Young are fine starting. Paul had an off game. You could say Cliff had an off game as well, if you want to be picky.
I did not see the game yet Cliff did not have an off game he had a freshman game. Too many people anointing him a 1st round NBA draft pick. I've seen him play many times his offense is very raw. The game is more than just dunks. His offense will be very inconsistent this year.
Give him time to develop offensively and he will be a great player down the road

Reactions: zappaa
Rutgers struggles early, wins by 20+. #4 Virginia gets beat by SF. It's early season college basketball. Shite happens.

It sorta shows where we are as a program when we kinda play like crap and still win by 20. Our team historically gets off to slow starts (a lot of teams do). The difference this year is we win by 20 instead of losing a head scratcher.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Ron Harper Jr with 30 points, his career record. Was that not good enough for you?? Geez guys, lots of bandwagon Villanova/Suracuze fans or something that have tuned in this season for the first time

Ok let's take a step back here. First off go look at the time I posted that. We were losing and I'm pretty sure harper had like 2 points. He then proceeded to go on a tear. And bandwagon? I've been going to games for 24 of my 27 years on this earth. I'm a season ticket holder and my seats are probably a lot closer to the floor then yours. So you couldn't be more wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT