ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers' idiotic policies and recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUaMoose

Heisman Winner
Oct 31, 2004
Lebanon, TN
We won't know how RU's idiotic mask and vaccine policies are affecting FB recruiting because no one is going to say they chose another school for this reason. However common sense would dictate that if a recruit is deciding between two schools and it's razor edge close, such policies will likely come into play. It's the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about. I'm looking at the 2023 class and I don't see one 4-star recruit

We won't know how RU's idiotic mask and vaccine policies are affecting FB recruiting because no one is going to say they chose another school for this reason. However common sense would dictate that if a recruit is deciding between two schools and it's razor edge close, such policies will likely come into play. It's the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about. I'm looking at the 2023 class and I don't see one 4-star recruit

Chicoms must be running RU policy.

Breitbart? No Alex Jones cite?

Lol

LOL. That's hardly an elephant. 18 year-olds likely aren't processing that mandate to the degree the OP is. Just another rule to follow among many in the program and the university.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Is there something false in the article?
Article? There were like 20 picture ads and polls for Donald Trump every other paragraph. The first poll asked "ARE YOU ULTRA MAGA?" I spit my coffe out because I laughed so hard. That's kind of like asking "ARE YOU ULTRA STUPUD.?" Kind of hard to read or take anything seriously with that nonsense dominating the screen.

Article? There were like 20 picture ads and polls for Donald Trump every other paragraph. The first poll asked "ARE YOU ULTRA MAGA?" I spit my coffe out because I laughed so hard. That's kind of like asking "ARE YOU ULTRA STUPUD.?" Kind of hard to read or take anything seriously with that nonsense dominating the screen.
OK then google the topic and find a source to your liking instead of being drama queen

and yet- some people obviously do...It created a very big concern for the OP.

It is why I do everything I can not to let media drive my thoughts.

Cause he'd be attacked as "anti-vax" or "anti-science" on social media and elsewhere. It's one of those subjects you're not supposed to talk about.

Nah. Not buying that. If it’s common sense that kids and athletes are avoiding RU because of the mask policies then a kid would be a hero for saying that’s why he went elsewhere.

Yeah I wouldn’t go or send my kids there and I love RU. Really dumb policies.
Liberty U and Oral Roberts might be a good fit then. Don't be put off by their open admissions policy, though. Intense, rigorous academics focused on independent critical thinking will surely prepare grads to flourish.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Nah. Not buying that. If it’s common sense that kids and athletes are avoiding RU because of the mask policies then a kid would be a hero for saying that’s why he went elsewhere.
It’s not common sense because many aren’t , it’s a decision a kid and family make.
It need not be mentioned or celebrated….it should be respected, along with their privacy.
It’s personal and no one needs to know.
Why in the world would anyone want to single themselves out in an effort to be a “hero”

It’s not common sense because many aren’t , it’s a decision a kid and family make.
It need not be mentioned or celebrated….it should be respected, along with their privacy.
It’s personal and no one needs to know.
Why in the world would anyone want to single themselves out in an effort to be a “hero”

I agree with you. Nobody owes other people an explanation about their college choices. Unless someone tells why those choose to attend or not attend a particular school people shouldn’t assume they know. But that’s not what the OP is doing. He assumes the mask policy is hurting recruiting and further assumes that recruits won’t say that the mask policy is a reason. I challenged his “common sense” argument.

BS, another stereotypical over the top reaction
If you don’t vote for me you ain’t …..

and to the poster who stereotyped my earlier post, no, I would not go or send my kids there either. There are many schools that are not extreme left or extreme right. That’s where I want to be.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I would think this is among the least of Schiano's obstacles in recruiting but hysteria must be the OP's thing. Vandy's recruiting probably has something for the OP to get hysterical about too.
I sensed no hysteria from the OP.
I simple question followed by an observation is what I read.
That observation could be right or wrong and can be debated.
I see no reason to attack the person .

Last edited:
I hate RU's mask policy and idiocy about COVID more than anyone but that's not why recruiting is down OP.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
and to the poster who stereotyped my earlier post, no, I would not go or send my kids there either. There are many schools that are not extreme left or extreme right. That’s where I want to be.

Certainly your choice. But it seems a curious one to me to not choose RU simply based on short term in classroom masking policies. Rutgers has done right by me and my career. Years after this masking debate is left in the dust I'll have a family tradition of Rutgers grads with children and hopefully grand-children attending games.

Reactions: fsg2 and RUPete

People are gonna be mad at this post but youre 1000%. Right. Just look at the polls of where people stand on masking.

I’d also imagine inner city and urban kids aren’t at home watching Tucker Carlson nightly. Don’t think the policy matters at all.
Inner city folks statistically are the single largest anti-vaxx crowd of any fyi

Certainly your choice. But it seems a curious one to me to not choose RU simply based on short term in classroom masking policies. Rutgers has done right by me and my career. Years after this masking debate is left in the dust I'll have a family tradition of Rutgers grads with children and hopefully grand-children attending games.
Cheering on “short term masking policies”
Insanity 😊

Reactions: bac2therac
This factor is probably far down the list of reasons recruits choose a school. Coaching, opportunity for PT, NIL, academic programs, family can see them play, NFL development opportunities, etc. are probably larger factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT