ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers in New Orleans

JayDogSmooth

All Conference
Aug 18, 2006
At bar watching the game yesterday, we had over 100 Noles cheering on the boys

Things said to me:
- Schiano universially respected

- Can’t understand why we’re not dominant with the in state talent and money in state

- Think with NYC $$ and connections Wel be a huge player in NIL

- Commented on our loyalty and bowl attendance, as well as stadium athmosphere for big games

- Expect us to contend for B1G titles in the next 5-7 years (in large part due to NIL)

- They’d love to do a home and home series

- Think the Rac is easily a top 5 venue (hard to play thete

It was pretty cool seeing a sea of Garnett and Gold going nuts when we scored the game winning touchdown and subsequent defensive stand

That’s about it, time to start tailgating. Huge win yesterday

Everywhere I go on business when I mention Rutgers it’s was always about Schiano that got the program rolling. Southern fans love when the northern schools lose. Especially if they are in the same conference. For some reason they do like us. I guess since we’ve never won on the big stage we are not a threat/seen as the lovable loser. To be honest most don’t even know where Rutgers is located. Hopefully we can get some big wins over the next few years and get respect.

Things said to me:

- Can’t understand why we’re not dominant with the in state talent and money in state

- Commented on our loyalty and bowl attendance, as well as stadium athmosphere for big games

- Expect us to contend for B1G titles in the next 5-7 years (in large part due to NIL)

It was pretty cool seeing a sea of Garnett and Gold going nuts when we scored the game winning touchdown and subsequent defensive stand

I guess they didn't root based on conference allegiance. Seems dumb but maybe BCU just isn't liked that much.

Everywhere I go on business when I mention Rutgers it’s was always about Schiano that got the program rolling. Southern fans love when the northern schools lose. Especially if they are in the same conference. For some reason they do like us. I guess since we’ve never won on the big stage we are not a threat/seen as the lovable loser. To be honest most don’t even know where Rutgers is located. Hopefully we can get some big wins over the next few years and get respect.
IT IS happening as you POST.

I guess they didn't root based on conference allegiance. Seems dumb but maybe BCU just isn't liked that much.
FSU fans hate the ACC
Never been about the conference honking

Especially w the way they’ve been treated throughout the years vs. the value they’ve brought the conference

Reactions: BoogieKnight

Things said to me:

Have fun at the game bro

I’ll be watching at a bar

FSU fans hate the ACC
Never been about the conference honking

Especially w the way they’ve been treated throughout the years vs. the value they’ve brought the conference
What are your expectations for the Noles this season? Can they beat LSU on the road? Brian Kelly‘s intro to LSU FB. He will want to make a statement in this game.

What are your expectations for the Noles this season? Can they beat LSU on the road? Brian Kelly‘s intro to LSU FB. He will want to make a statement in this game.
Playing against Brian Kelly Coach team who said nine months to prepare is never a good idea. He’s one of the best when given time, however I am optimistic that it will be a close game. The homer inside of me says the Knowles will win by three as there’s at least 40 to 50,000 people here probably split, they getting the home-field advantage in making it a true neutral site.

The big miss and a complete lie is being close to NYC will bring in big NIL deals. New Orleans people are stupid

Hey Smooth - any talk about Deion Sanders taking over Noles if Norvell fails?

Shocked how many FSU fans are at game. Googled and saw Pensacola is only 200 mikes from New Orleans. Didn’t realize it was so close.

I've lived all over the country. Everywhere south and west of Philadelphia thinks we're essentially an Ivy League school that Schiano turned into a Top 10 school one year. When they hear "Rutgers" they think of the college football equivalent to the movie Hoosiers. For example, here in Houston, people think Rutgers is essentially Rice University (which is a Houston-based academic marvel with 2,000 students); they don't realize we're a state university and that our enrollment rivals the University of Texas. Same thing was true when I lived in Los Angeles.

The big miss and a complete lie is being close to NYC will bring in big NIL deals. New Orleans people are stupid
It wasn't New Orleans people, it was FSU fans from all over, predominately from Florida
They think Rutgers has bigger upside then FSU in regard to NIL
Much bigger

Shocked how many FSU fans are at game. Googled and saw Pensacola is only 200 mikes from New Orleans. Didn’t realize it was so close.
Game attendance 68k, was a solid 50/50 split
Add in another 10-15k Noles in town for Bourbon Street / NOLA vibe, and there was easily 40-45k here this weekend
My flight from Charlotte was all Noles, with the Warchant breaking out mid flight

Nearly had a heart attack on the last series
Would have been a riot if refs said time ran out
Place was insane
LSU fans can party, and FSU fans represented
Great college football game and atmosphere

That game was all time. Congrats on a truly epic weekend!

ADVERTISEMENT